US Politics

Rich

5 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Imagine the guidance on certain issues being given by Biden's handlers right now. 

But I want to let people know . . .. Shhhhh Joe as they point over to the deranged idiot blustering away with his lies and mental instability.

I'd still like him to come out and state what he would do. Not attack the prick, but put a reasonable plan together so he doesn't come across as just waiting and watching.

The US needs real leadership right now. I'm afraid if Biden doesn't show some, he's going to be ignored at the polls. "Not Trump" should be enough to get him elected, but there's still a horrible potential for apathy if he doesn't seem to stand for anything.

Tucker Carlson Tweet:

Is America being ripped apart by total lies— destroyed by cynical media manipulators and unscrupulous politicians who understand that racial strife is their path to power? You can decide what’s really going on.

Then the first response I see:

I watched your show tonight and it just frustrates me even more because everything you spoke about was not only true, but logical. Please explain to me what is wrong with everyone. Are we in a twilight zone episode?

This is what the sane people in the world are up against.

1 minute ago, tacklewasher said:

I'd still like him to come out and state what he would do. Not attack the prick, but put a reasonable plan together so he doesn't come across as just waiting and watching.

The US needs real leadership right now. I'm afraid if Biden doesn't show some, he's going to be ignored at the polls. "Not Trump" should be enough to get him elected, but there's still a horrible potential for apathy if he doesn't seem to stand for anything.

Yup absolutely. At the end of the day and all joking aside about this deranged idiot and the GOP gang, you are bang on.

"The Chinese Communist Party’s callous attempts to exploit George Floyd’s tragic death for its own political gain will fail. During the best of times, Beijing ruthlessly imposes communism. Amid the most difficult challenges, the United States secures freedom."

— Secretary Pompeo (@SecPompeo) June 6, 2020

So, he is talking about ....callous attempts to exploit George Floyd’s tragic death for political gain?
The Trump administration is simply rife with unbelievable hypocrites.

On 2020-06-04 at 1:09 PM, do or die said:

Watching the Republican party ......reminds me of the 1937 conference of the Communist Party in the Soviet Union, during a round of applause to honor Joseph Stalin

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn described the surreal scene in The Gulag Archipelago:

“The applause went on—six, seven, eight minutes! They were done for! Their goose was cooked! They couldn’t stop now till they collapsed with heart attacks! At the rear of the hall, which was crowded, they could of course cheat a bit, clap less frequently, less vigorously, not so eagerly…Nine minutes! Ten!…Insanity! To the last man! With make-believe enthusiasm on their faces, looking at each other with faint hope, the district leaders were just going to go on and on applauding till they fell where they stood, till they were carried out of the hall on stretchers.”

At last, after eleven minutes of non-stop clapping, the director of a paper factory finally decided enough was enough. He stopped clapping and sat down—a miracle!
“To a man, everyone else stopped dead and sat down.”

That same night, the director of the paper factory was arrested and sent to prison for ten years.  Authorities came up with some official reason for his sentence, but during his interrogation, he was told: “Don’t ever be the first to stop applauding!”

Brilliant.  I need to read that again

11 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

It’s early. But if the Dems can take the White House and the senate, it’s a game changer.  In a very very big way. 

Same thing they said last time... Dems were supposed to sweep both chambers with Hillary v Trump

They fall for the same old Charlie Brown move every time - let's play safe and nice and quietly coast to a win...  I just hope for all of our sakes that they finally do it.  Seems like a long shot.

Trump Had ‘Shouting Match’ With Chairman of Joint Chiefs of Staff Over Military Crackdown on Protesters

America’s highest ranking solider, General Mark Milley, who chairs the Joint Chiefs of Staff, raised his voice when President Trump demanded the regular military be deployed against George Floyd protesters, according to the New Yorker. The verbal tussle happened in the Oval Office just days before Trump’s ill-advised bible photo op, which Milley attended. A senior military official told the New Yorker that the president and Milley “got into a shouting match” with Milley insisting the military could not be dispatched against American civilians. “I’m not doing that,” he reportedly told Trump. “That’s for law enforcement.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/mark-milley-chairman-of-joint-chiefs-of-staff-and-trump-had-shouting-match-over-floyd-protest-crackdown?ref=home

2 hours ago, Tracker said:

Trump Had ‘Shouting Match’ With Chairman of Joint Chiefs of Staff Over Military Crackdown on Protesters

America’s highest ranking solider, General Mark Milley, who chairs the Joint Chiefs of Staff, raised his voice when President Trump demanded the regular military be deployed against George Floyd protesters, according to the New Yorker. The verbal tussle happened in the Oval Office just days before Trump’s ill-advised bible photo op, which Milley attended. A senior military official told the New Yorker that the president and Milley “got into a shouting match” with Milley insisting the military could not be dispatched against American civilians. “I’m not doing that,” he reportedly told Trump. “That’s for law enforcement.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/mark-milley-chairman-of-joint-chiefs-of-staff-and-trump-had-shouting-match-over-floyd-protest-crackdown?ref=home

This tells you all you need to know. Trump, if he could, would violently take control of the country. He’s a dictator in waiting.  It really is a modern nazi Germany unfolding here. Fortunately trump is really really stupid.