US Politics

Rich

Talk about crazy conspiracy theories, the Democrats are already lining up the excuses should they lose this fall, which seems unlikely but you can never under-estimate just how bad the Dems can ****** defeat from the jaws of victory,

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/revealed-conservative-group-fighting-to-restrict-voting-tied-to-powerful-dark-money-network/ar-BB14Fp78?li=AAggNb9

Truth in the trump world- summed up very nicely here:

This is three years ago... how crazy has it gotten since then? Discuss.

I for one would love to return to the times of yore, where an inauguration crowd size, unemployment rates, how many floors the trump building has or any of the other innocuous petty lies, than the crazy **** hitting us three years later...  discuss.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

3 hours ago, pigseye said:

Sure, if you consider study by Mercatus Center at George Mason University to be an editorial, come on man, you are supposed to be scientist.  

The headline says best run when the study talks about fiscal solvency. That's editorialising.

Mike Pompeo ‘crossed a line’ by forming CIA advisory board ‘solely designed to advance his potential funding and political network’

Written by Alex Henderson May 27, 2020

Before Mike Pompeo was secretary of state in the Trump Administration, he served as director of the Central Intelligence Agency — a position he held from January 2017 (the month Trump was sworn into office) to April 2018. Journalist Natasha Bertrand looks back on Pompeo’s activities as CIA director in an article for Politico, reporting that he “put together an undisclosed board of outside advisers” that “some at the agency viewed as inappropriately weighted toward wealthy individuals and well-connected political figures.”

https://www.alternet.org/2020/05/mike-pompeo-crossed-a-line-by-forming-cia-advisory-board-solely-designed-to-advance-his-potential-funding-and-political-network/

17 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Mike Pompeo ‘crossed a line’ by forming CIA advisory board ‘solely designed to advance his potential funding and political network’

Written by Alex Henderson May 27, 2020

Before Mike Pompeo was secretary of state in the Trump Administration, he served as director of the Central Intelligence Agency — a position he held from January 2017 (the month Trump was sworn into office) to April 2018. Journalist Natasha Bertrand looks back on Pompeo’s activities as CIA director in an article for Politico, reporting that he “put together an undisclosed board of outside advisers” that “some at the agency viewed as inappropriately weighted toward wealthy individuals and well-connected political figures.”

https://www.alternet.org/2020/05/mike-pompeo-crossed-a-line-by-forming-cia-advisory-board-solely-designed-to-advance-his-potential-funding-and-political-network/

Yup Pompeo is your typical career political slime,

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/27/mike-pompeos-cia-advisory-board-rankled-agency-veterans-283350

The sad thing is that pretty much all this was predicted when Trump was elected, but I do not think that anyone would have believed the depth and breadth that Trump would go to to benefit himself by corrupting both the GOP and senate. Apart from all the corruption and gross incompetence, the GOP, with complicity/silence from the Democrats has mortgaged the future of America for at least the next decade. If/when the Democrats come into power again, they will have no choice but to raise taxes, and you can bet that its not going to be on the top1% or big corporations. The GOP will howl about how profligate the Democrats are.

16 minutes ago, Tracker said:

The sad thing is that pretty much all this was predicted when Trump was elected, but I do not think that anyone would have believed the depth and breadth that Trump would go to to benefit himself by corrupting both the GOP and senate. Apart from all the corruption and gross incompetence, the GOP, with complicity/silence from the Democrats has mortgaged the future of America for at least the next decade. If/when the Democrats come into power again, they will have no choice but to raise taxes, and you can bet that its not going to be on the top1% or big corporations. The GOP will howl about how profligate the Democrats are.

I remember being one of the people that tried to be hopeful.  I think I wrote here when he won that running is different than being president, a job he didn’t think he’d get.  I hoped he’d rise to the occasion and his ego would demand he be a good president.  I always loved being called a lefty over the last couple years haha. I was a conservative who hoped trump would rise to the occasion. 

He didn’t. 

Anyway he’s losing the WSJ

22 minutes ago, pigseye said:

He also knows how to shine up Trump, by repeating whatever conspiracy blather the leader comes up with.  
As I stated before, people need to really check out the makeup of Trump's Cabinet and understand that the "swamp " is not being drained, but is now overflowing at its banks.....

28 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Everyone knew he would be corrupt but hoped the good he did for the economy would outweigh the bad.

Depending on which side of the fence you are on determines if the good outweighs the bad.

15 minutes ago, do or die said:

He also knows how to shine up Trump, by repeating whatever conspiracy blather the leader comes up with.  
As I stated before, people need to really check out the makeup of Trump's Cabinet and understand that the "swamp " is not being drained, but is now overflowing at its banks.....

Their answer is yea look at the corrupt Obama administration, bunch a crooks they should all be in jail. They never reply to the yea but he’s not the sitting president.

4 minutes ago, pigseye said:

Everyone knew he would be corrupt but hoped the good he did for the economy would outweigh the bad.

Depending on which side of the fence you are on determines if the good outweighs the bad.

Taking the existing inequalities as well, as the social, racial, and political differences and disagreements already in America....and making them much worse, by using them all as wedge issues for political gain through non-stop dog whistling and gas-lighting.....is actually pretty bad. 

8 minutes ago, pigseye said:

Yeah If you’re a racist white supremacist who thinks serial sexual abuse is cool, who thinks being an idiot and a prick is cool then you’d support him.  Right?

Just now, do or die said:

Taking the existing inequalities as well, as the social, racial, and political differences and disagreements already in America....and making them much worse, by using them all as wedge issues for political gain through non-stop dog whistling and gas-lighting.....is actually pretty bad. 

We’re at a point where the majority of trump supporters are those that have shared values. We’re polite so we don’t say it.  But it’s true. His supporters are racists.  Whether they’re in the US or here.