US Politics

Rich

Love watching the token right winger on CNN twist the truth and out and out lie.  

Anyway, theres this:

Washington (CNN)The FBI has information that indicates associates of President Donald Trump communicated with suspected Russian operatives to possibly coordinate the release of information damaging to Hillary Clinton's campaign, US officials told CNN.

Donald Trump Jr. does a fly-by hit on the mayor of London, after today's terror attack.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/donald-trump-jr-criticizes-london-mayor-terror-attacks/story?id=46313114

Real class.....way to respect and reassure your allies.

Trump Jr.:  "You have to be kidding me?!: Terror attacks are part of living in a big city, says London Mayor Sadiq Khan."

2 hours ago, Mark F said:

President Mike Pence?

Republicans are ditching Trump.

He'd be the safe choice.  I joke that he will orchestrate a reason to ditch Pence in an effort to keep the Republicans from impeaching him. ie. remove the safe choice.  But any replacement would have to be confirmed so that probably doesnt work.

It will be interesting to see if, when push comes to shove, the republicans are willing to cut him loose. 

These reports that indicate there is evidence of collusion between the campaign and Russia...its bad.  Trump himself publicly implored Russia to hack emails and release them.  Hard to believe he isnt complicit.  But will all his people take the fall to protect him?  And why?

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

But will all his people take the fall to protect him?  And why?

NO

Because the Donald is rapidly becoming the political version of a tar baby.   (see interview link below)

The Republicans still hold the House and Senate, and Pence is a perfect double vanilla cardboard cutout, to prop up there, while the Freedom Caucus boyos, aided by Bannon simply run wild.   

Also interesting to read Briebart (Bannon), the last little while, with the Rand Paul fanboys, calling the new health care plan "RyanCare" and setting Paul Ryan up to be the fall guy to take the blame if it goes under.  

Check out this interview by Time Magazine with Trump.   Unreal, even by his "standards", but does give you a pretty good idea how he creates those interesting tweets.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/23/politics/trump-time-interview-wiretaps-falsehoods/index.html

I'm not sure if you can fault Trump. I say this as a person who thinks he's a joke. I really don't think he wanted to be president.  And I think he's hoping he does get impeached cuz I don't think he wants the job. He's a great talker and great business person but he's just a puppet president 

I saw a mini-vlog about Trump's war on the Intelligence Community and the speculation that the drips and drabs of "leaks" that have come out were warnings by the IC over Trump's repeated attacks on them.  Apparently a former CIA guy had tweeted at one point that he received a message from someone high up after some Trump slight that read Trump "would die in jail" based on what is known and will eventually come out.

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I saw a mini-vlog about Trump's war on the Intelligence Community and the speculation that the drips and drabs of "leaks" that have come out were warnings by the IC over Trump's repeated attacks on them.  Apparently a former CIA guy had tweeted at one point that he received a message from someone high up after some Trump slight that read Trump "would die in jail" based on what is known and will eventually come out.

Trump. Bannon. Manufort.  Price. 

Just now, Goalie said:

I'm not sure if you can fault Trump. I say this as a person who thinks he's a joke. I really don't think he wanted to be president.  And I think he's hoping he does get impeached cuz I don't think he wants the job. He's a great talker and great business person but he's just a puppet president 

I think he wanted to win but didnt think he would.  His plan was to leverage his candidacy into a new right wing agenda and Trump News empire.   And I think he didnt realise it would be so hard.  Although really, how hard is it for him considering how often he goes to his vacation home and plays golf?  But in business, his word was gospel and everyone jumped and no one crossed him.  His big issue is that this isnt like his business and he cant stand the criticism and the fact he has to work at it and the fact he isnt that good at it.

He IS a puppet but he doesnt think he is and he doesnt want to be.

And I dont think he'd ever allow himself to be impeached.  He'd resign first, like Nixon.  He wont lose.  His plan will be to announce that he succeeded in making America great so he will step down because he cant make it any greater and he doesnt need it and he is too smart and busy and successful to waste time as President.  All spin ofcourse.  To step down as a "winner".

Just now, Goalie said:

Should probably put that Nunes fella In there also. 

Can you believe this guy?  Chairman of the Intelligence Committee and he runs interference for Trump and runs off to brief them on what he knows before even telling his own committee.  Wow.

And this brings home the whole point (the Macleans editorial discussed this) of separating loyalty to party from loyalty to the country.  Those Republican's swore an oath to their country and constituents.  And people like Nunes are helping Trump. 

After 9/11 everyone voted in favour of war because no one, regardless of party, wanted to be on the wrong side of that.  A day will come when Republicans will have to stand and be counted and choose between Trump and their oath to the constitution.

On 3/16/2017 at 9:20 AM, Wideleft said:

The now 94 year old inventor of the Lithium-Ion battery is now working on a glass-based battery which he estimates will hold a charge for 600 miles, recharges in minutes and is not as negatively effected by cold (until -20 C).  Punch John B. Goodenough into your google news machine for more info.

To be honest... I'm just impressed this is a real name... is he the original Johnny Be Good??

2 hours ago, do or die said:

NO

Because the Donald is rapidly becoming the political version of a tar baby.   (see interview link below)

The Republicans still hold the House and Senate, and Pence is a perfect double vanilla cardboard cutout, to prop up there, while the Freedom Caucus boyos, aided by Bannon simply run wild.   

Also interesting to read Briebart (Bannon), the last little while, with the Rand Paul fanboys, calling the new health care plan "RyanCare" and setting Paul Ryan up to be the fall guy to take the blame if it goes under.  

Check out this interview by Time Magazine with Trump.   Unreal, even by his "standards", but does give you a pretty good idea how he creates those interesting tweets.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/23/politics/trump-time-interview-wiretaps-falsehoods/index.html

You hit the nail on the head dod.

The establishment or swamp as Trump likes to call them are in full impeachment mode,

http://themillenniumreport.com/2017/03/what-is-trump-really-up-to/

and will do anything they can to get Pence in there to tow their global hegemony policies.

Which war has Trump stopped? His troops just bombed a mosque in Syria and killed forty or fifty non combatants... accidentally though. so this makes it ok they think. ditto in Yemen.

American wars continue, no matter who the President is. Their wars can not be stopped. That country can no longer  exist without a war somewhere or other.

Anyway, going to be interesting to see which American bigshot hasn't been buddies with some Russian or other. List appears to be lengthy. Putin and friends are generous.

Manafort and friends have had interesting clients http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/04/13/top-trump-aide-led-the-torturers-lobby.html

someone is going to walk the plank, to placate the natives.

silver lining, it's Good Times for the damage control PR firms.

Edited by Mark F

Accident or not, these wars are illegal, and the bombing is a war crime.

for providing advance warning to allow civilians to seek shelter or vacate areas.

Under Obama, the US was a practitioner of the "double tap"

Edited by Mark F
edit