US Politics

Rich

President Donald Trump, along with his family and the Trump Organization, have filed a lawsuit in federal court in New York against Deutsche bank and Capitol One to prevent them from turning over documents about the Trumps and their business to Congress.

Attorneys representing Trump and his family call the subpoenas issued "unlawful and illegitimate."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-family-sue-banks-prevent-financial-documents-being-024900287.html

comment there:

For fun, Google "Article 3 of Nixon impeachment" then reread this article and laugh. Should be fun to watch unfold considering legal precedent has already been set.

Edited by Mark F

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

He’s terrible.  

he's not that bad. He does make a good argument about Mueller not challenging the "can not indict a sitting president"  MOU?

These are extreme times that call for more than the usual conservative approach. 

He did it in the Bill Maher dickish way, but that is pretty on-brand for him.

24 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

he's not that bad. He does make a good argument about Mueller not challenging the "can not indict a sitting president"  MOU?

These are extreme times that call for more than the usual conservative approach. 

He did it in the Bill Maher dickish way, but that is pretty on-brand for him.

That’s what I mean.  He’s just awful. Not funny at all.   

Last week’s message from a booming economy should have rocked the Democratic field. Alas, the party seems collectively intent on poring over the Mueller report yet again in the hope that, somehow, someway, there’s something there. But the probe is over. No collusion. No obstruction. Democrats have to campaign on something else besides a great economy, rising values of savings, low unemployment across every demographic, clarity about allies and enemies abroad, and a rebuilding military. It’s a tough needle to thread, condemning everything about Trump except all that he has accomplished that President Barack Obama couldn’t or wouldn’t. Not just tough — it’s practically impossible.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspolitics/the-2020-election-isnt-going-to-be-close/ar-AAAKllA?ocid=spartanntp

This is from the WaPo, not Breitbart or Fox News.

14 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

It's an opinion piece from Hugh Hewitt- a conservative radio talk show host. 

It's a very slanted article. But yeah- he is totally entitled to his opinion, dude gets paid for that. I think he glosses over A LOT though and fails to acknowledge all that is working against trump in 2020. 

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

35 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

it's slanted, sure (it's CNN and an opinion piece), but he does goes through shows what he agrees with and why- offers up facts that support why he agrees with Hewitt and then goes on and gives points as to why Hewitt is taking some liberties as to his assumption that Trump would be elected and hat it won't even be close...

You should give it a read- it's a solid rebuttal.

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Considering his polling numbers cnn’s rebuttal is more likely.  But lol

2 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

until the Democrats pick a leader, are polling numbers worth anything?  Right now you are asking if you would vote for Trump, or ???.  If you are not in the "I will vote for anyone but Trump" camp, then how do you even answer the question right now?

it's kind of like "anyone but Hilary". There is a huge block of people who REFUSED to vote for Hilary- not only did they vote for ???- they voted instead for a self-proclaimed sexual assailant, racist, thin skinned, "I know nothing about polices" cheetoed-hued ******* man-baby.  so yeah- you can answer the question now. 

A sack of wet kittens would do a better job at POTUS than trump.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

5 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

it's kind of like "anyone but Hilary". There is a huge block of people who REFUSED to vote for Hilary- not only did they vote for ???- they voted instead for a self-proclaimed sexual assailant, racist, thin skinned, "I know nothing about polices" cheetoed-hued ******* man-baby.  so yeah- you can answer the question now. 

A sack of wet kittens would do a better job at POTUS than trump.

I met an American when I was in Costa Rica in January - from New Hampshire.  We got talking about politics and he said that he voted for Hillary last time out of sheer terror as he had been convinced that the world was going to fall apart and the economy in the US was going to tank, based on what the media was saying and of course what the Dems were saying.  He then said that after two years, none of the things that he had been told would happen had happened, and that he felt lied to, and now felt stupid for falling for the doom and gloom predictions.  He said that he was definitely voting Trump in the next election, as he said that he's really happy with how America is being run now.  Anecdotal I know, and feel free to dismiss this story, but are there others out there like this guy?  I don't know.  

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I met an American when I was in Costa Rica in January - from New Hampshire.  We got talking about politics and he said that he voted for Hillary last time out of sheer terror as he had been convinced that the world was going to fall apart and the economy in the US was going to tank, based on what the media was saying and of course what the Dems were saying.  He then said that after two years, none of the things that he had been told would happen had happened, and that he felt lied to, and now felt stupid for falling for the doom and gloom predictions.  He said that he was definitely voting Trump in the next election, as he said that he's really happy with how America is being run now.  Anecdotal I know, and feel free to dismiss this story, but are there others out there like this guy?  I don't know.  

I don't know if your American acquaintance is going to get the opportunity to vote for trump in 2020.