US Politics

Rich

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Dude. The senate doesn’t impeach. Like, if you can’t get the basic facts right don’t bother arguing. 

Semantics now, you are really reaching, impeached or not the senate won't remove him, nice try to deflect from your losing argument. 

Just now, pigseye said:

Semantics now, you are really reaching, impeached or not the senate won't remove him, nice try to deflect from your losing argument. 

Lol. What losing argument?  I didn’t make an argument. I corrected you on the very wrong assertion that the senate impeaches. They don’t.  

You’re whole defense now is to let a criminal president get away with it because the senate likely wouldn’t convict him.  

Bet you had a different opinion when it was Clinton, who by the way was impeached on something that was not an underlying crime, if you want to compare the two.  

Lets be honest. If trump was filmed strangling a baby with his bare hands you’d still defend him because you like him and his “policies”.  So this isn’t a debate or a discussion.  You won’t accept clear facts. So what’s the point.  

9 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Dude. The senate doesn’t impeach. Like, if you can’t get the basic facts right don’t bother arguing. 

Corporate media is the last place to go to for truth. But as long as suggestions are being made stop rushing to Buzz feed or VOX or Politico or Slate for comforting spin now that Collusion hoax has been revealed.

Edited by Zontar

3 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

What burden of proof?  The report clearly references congress’ ability to settle the obstruction matter. The DOJ doesn’t dictate to congress. 

And how exactly will congress settle the matter, are they going to bring charges against a sitting president when the AG and DOJ won't? Please explain how this is all going to end with charges against the president if you can? 

6 minutes ago, AtlanticRiderFan said:

If the house impeaches him, he is still impeached even if the senate doesn't remove him from office.

The political spin by the white nationalist base is going to be you can’t impeach him now cause the senate won’t convict. And if the Dems wait which is the smart political play they will say you should have impeached him before. 

They set the standard when they tried to take down Clinton for lying about an affair that was not illegal.  That doesn’t come Close to trumps crimes. 

Just now, pigseye said:

And how exactly will congress settle the matter, are they going to bring charges against a sitting president when the AG and DOJ won't? Please explain how this is all going to end with charges against the president if you can? 

Ummmm. They have the power of impeachment. That’s what congress does. 

To answer your other question it’s very clear the report was also laid out in such a way to preserve evidence for the day he isn’t president. 

The fact is, if trump wasn’t president he very likely would have been indicted. Congress can take that up and/or a future prosecutor can indict him when he’s no longer president. 

2 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Corporate media is the last place to go to for truth. But as long as suggestions are being made stop rushing to Buzz feed or VOX or Politico or Slate and for comforting spin now that Collusion hoax has been revealed.

I’m not even sure what discussion you’re engaging in. Your reply to the quote makes no sense.  Are you in the right thread? 

3 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Lol. What losing argument?  I didn’t make an argument. I corrected you on the very wrong assertion that the senate impeaches. They don’t.  

You’re whole defense now is to let a criminal president get away with it because the senate likely wouldn’t convict him.  

Bet you had a different opinion when it was Clinton, who by the way was impeached on something that was not an underlying crime, if you want to compare the two.  

Lets be honest. If trump was filmed strangling a baby with his bare hands you’d still defend him because you like him and his “policies”.  So this isn’t a debate or a discussion.  You won’t accept clear facts. So what’s the point.  

Clinton was charged with perjury and obstruction but was cleared by the senate.

Once Trump is charged with perjury and obstruction and impeached, he will be cleared by the senate.

But like I said, who is going to charge Trump with either of those crimes? 

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Ummmm. They have the power of impeachment. That’s what congress does. 

To answer your other question it’s very clear the report was also laid out in such a way to preserve evidence for the day he isn’t president. 

The fact is, if trump wasn’t president he very likely would have been indicted. Congress can take that up and/or a future prosecutor can indict him when he’s no longer president. 

Once again, Clinto was charged with perjury and obstruction which led to his impeachment, who is going to charge Trump?

You haven't answered that question yet? 

Just now, Zontar said:

Trying to over turn an election because Trump ruined a coronation they were told  by a sympathetic media was a 99% certainty ?

Again if you ignore facts then why bother. You’re not even trying.  You didn’t want to believe the report before it was released.  And now you want to pretend it says the opposite of what it does. 

Fact: the report  details tons of collusion 

fact: the report details immense obstruction. 

Fact: mueller clearly states he was constrained by the directive he could not charge trump 

fact: within the context of being unable to charge trump, the report is incredibly damning.  As Dean said, more damning then Nixon, Iran contra and Clinton. 

Until you accept the facts you can’t discuss the issue. 

3 minutes ago, pigseye said:

Clinton was charged with perjury and obstruction but was cleared by the senate.

Once Trump is charged with perjury and obstruction and impeached, he will be cleared by the senate.

But like I said, who is going to charge Trump with either of those crimes? 

Clinton was impeached. I’m not why you’re playing word games. You think impeachment is nothing?  

I think the fact they refuse to release the report says all you need to really know. If Trump and his lackies were all 100 percent cleared that report would be out for everyone to read themselves. The fact it got condensed in to 6 pages says it all. 

3 minutes ago, pigseye said:

Once again, Clinto was charged with perjury and obstruction which led to his impeachment, who is going to charge Trump?

You haven't answered that question yet? 

Do you know how impeachment works?  There’s your answer. Same as Clinton. Same as Nixon except e saw the writing on the wall and made a deal to leave. 

Just now, Goalie said:

I think the fact they refuse to release the report says all you need to really know. If Trump and his lackies were all 100 percent cleared that report would be out for everyone to read themselves. The fact it got condensed in to 6 pages says it all. 

The redacted report is so bad, so damning that one almost can’t fathom what’s in the redacted part.