US Politics

Rich

If anyone recalls..... my earlier posts about what is required from a Trump WH communication person.

Well....

Trump upset with Sarah Sanders's inability to keep all the lies straight...
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/377346-cnn-trump-upset-with-sarah-sanders-over-handling-of-stormy-daniels

Serial lying can be a pretty thankless and tiring job.

46 minutes ago, do or die said:

If anyone recalls..... my earlier posts about what is required from a Trump WH communication person.

Well....

Trump upset with Sarah Sanders's inability to keep all the lies straight...
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/377346-cnn-trump-upset-with-sarah-sanders-over-handling-of-stormy-daniels

Serial lying can be a pretty thankless and tiring job.

What the heck does Trump expect?  Well, we know he expects people to lie.  He expects Sanders to say definitive yes or no.  He's such a clown.  Sanders has sold her soul enough, she'd not stupid.  If Trump wants lies to be told, why doesnt he hold a presser himself and answer these questions?

The irony in all this is that Trump seems to have great difficulty understanding that there is such a thing as bad publicity. In psych terms, Trump appears to be a pathological liar int hat he believes his own lies, and that way lies madness. His core personality appears to be a malignant narcissist and as such. he wants all eyes on him, because he interprets that as adulation and validation. When challenged on his inconsistencies, Trump will simply ignore them and believe whatever favours his point of view. He would not be above starting a war as Thatcher and Bush 2 did to boost his  popularity, no matter the cost in lives or money.

Just now, tracker said:

The irony in all this is that Trump seems to have great difficulty understanding that there is such a thing as bad publicity. In psych terms, Trump appears to be a pathological liar int hat he believes his own lies, and that way lies madness. His core personality appears to be a malignant narcissist and as such. he wants all eyes on him, because he interprets that as adulation and validation. When challenged on his inconsistencies, Trump will simply ignore them and believe whatever favours his point of view. He would not be above starting a war as Thatcher and Bush 2 did to boost his  popularity, no matter the cost in lives or money.

He's never been held accountable for anything.  He thinks he can lie and get away with it.  And so far he's right.  When he said during the campaign that he could shoot someone on 5th ave and not lose a vote, he was right.

And if Mueller does submit a detailed account of illegal acts and recommends impeachment, it will be glorious to watch because it will be something Trump has never had to deal with.

This Stormy thing is interesting.  Money laundering is interesting.  But there are worse things he's been accused.  Really awful horrible things.  And if they ever gain traction or have any truth to them...yikes. 

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

He's never been held accountable for anything.  He thinks he can lie and get away with it.  And so far he's right.  When he said during the campaign that he could shoot someone on 5th ave and not lose a vote, he was right.

And if Mueller does submit a detailed account of illegal acts and recommends impeachment, it will be glorious to watch because it will be something Trump has never had to deal with.

This Stormy thing is interesting.  Money laundering is interesting.  But there are worse things he's been accused.  Really awful horrible things.  And if they ever gain traction or have any truth to them...yikes. 

The thing about pathological liars is that they cannot accept responsibility for any of their actions as they see themselves as innocent victims no matter how damning the evidence is to the contrary.

Controlling for opinions on what people think Trump has achieved since his time in office, one part of all this chaos for the last year and some that I'm fascinated with is the debate when asking the question:

Is it as important in how things are achieved to what is achieved?  

It's interesting to read and hear the full spectrum of opinions on this in relation to Trump tenure thus far.

In my opinion, I'm a firm believer that the how we achieve things is just as important to the what we achieve, more than just how  the law/legislation/policies etc dictate how we can or cannot behave.

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Controlling for opinions on what people think Trump has achieved since his time in office, one part of all this chaos for the last year and some that I'm fascinated with is the debate when asking the question:

It's interesting to read and hear the full spectrum of opinions on this in relation to Trump tenure thus far.

In my opinion, I'm a firm believer that the how we achieve things is just as important to the what we achieve, more than just how  the law/legislation/policies etc dictate how we can or cannot behave.

Your last sentence can be applied in a historical fashion, as well.    

On 3/8/2018 at 10:27 AM, HardCoreBlue said:

Just came across this on the interwebs by an American poster responding to the Stormy  Daniels issue:

since the left didn't really care who Bill Clinton stuck his vienna sausage into, I really don't care what Trump does, just so long as it benefits the US

In a letter obtained by Fox News, Nunes posed a string of dossier-related questions to the current and former intelligence, law enforcement and State Department officials. He specifically wants to know when they learned the document was funded by Democratic sources, and how it was used to obtain one or more surveillance warrants at the secret Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court.

The new letter includes a dozen questions about the dossier, including how the officials in question learned of the document’s Democratic funding and whether they held meetings about the unverified allegations against Trump or took any other official action. 

In the letter, Nunes even threatened to issue subpoenas if he doesn't get answers.

"If you do not provide timely answers on a voluntary basis, the Committee will initiate compulsory process,” he wrote.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/03/09/house-republicans-expand-dossier-probe-seek-info-from-obama-officials.html

The Republicans are quietly building a 'Watergate' like case behind the scenes. This isn't going to end well for anyone. 

3 minutes ago, pigseye said:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/03/09/house-republicans-expand-dossier-probe-seek-info-from-obama-officials.html

The Republicans are quietly building a 'Watergate' like case behind the scenes. This isn't going to end well for anyone. 

:lol:

They're not quietly building anything. Nunes throwing smoke screens to try to save face. 

I wonder if Hilary's emails will be investigated next? 

4 minutes ago, JCon said:

:lol:

They're not quietly building anything. Nunes throwing smoke screens to try to save face. 

I wonder if Hilary's emails will be investigated next? 

It's all connected you know, one big conspiracy to bring down the Potus.....

Should Drumpf be impeached, things are not going to get any better. Pence is a a religious nut  and Paul Ryan has shown himself to be totally bereft of principle. The Democrats in the US are not a whole lot better, but they do not seem to have the hypocrisy or the support of the rabid fundamentalists.

23 hours ago, pigseye said:

Plus it’s nonesense. It might play well to trump supporters grasping at straws but most people including here already know it’s a nothingburger. The dossier was originally triggered by republicans doing research into Trump. 

And it doesn’t matter anyway. FISA doesn’t hand out warrants like candy. I believe it was three different judges. 

And it’s akin to saying “okay you caught us red handed but you shouldn’t have. We’re guilty as sin but you cheated to find it”. It doesn’t hold water and it doesn’t have any impact on trump/Russia.