Game 18 : Chelsea Dagger @ Jump

8 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Everyone like Chelsea Dagger. No other team can beat it.

We got Jump and you can barely hear it on TV.

Thats a good point.  The first time I heard Chelsea Dagger, I think it was a Playoff game and Chicago makes sure the song and fan celebration is apart of the experience, even for the viewer at home.  Hearing it clearly, and watching the fans dancing and singing was pretty cool.  Almost made me a fan actually, just so I could hear/see that again.

I like Jump since it's sort of Heritage year but its not a great song.  I mean, it IS a great song but not for goal celebrations.  I was shocked to hear, I think Detroit, using Rock & Roll Part 2 as their goal song.  I thought that had been black listed. 

5 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Well of the 3 favorites only one knows how to stay around...Thorburn.

Only because of injuries.  He brings nothing. Fighting isn't important at all anymore.  Thorburn will be scratched when ppl are back. Keep in mind he was scratched in the opener and the heritage classic. 

Burmi... Thor are only playing or played due to injury and Thor 1 time due to stupidity where he only played 4 minutes 

Edited by Goalie

13 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Thorbs knows this is his last season here and quite possibly, in the league. One of the reasons he is fighting more this year. I wold try to trade him somewhere. He could easily be replaced by Lemieux.

It would be nice to trade Thorbs and Burmi, but I can't imagine there's much of a market, if any.  Burmi could maybe get us a mid-late draft pick?  Thorburn?  Can't see getting anything for him.  Hope I'm wrong.

I'd do Staf, Burmi and Thorbs for a starting 3LHD that is better than Stu or Chiarot or a 2nd rounder. Staf probably won't be moved until the TD unfortunately. It'll be a shame to see some of these guys going back down to the Moose. Dano really deserves to stay. Maurice said MP and Staf are shorter term to return and are with the team for the road trip. I think it is the longest road trip of the year.

I'd actually be shocked if the Jets traded Thorburn.  Not because of his play on the ice or anything like that, but because of his involvement with the community and the role he plays on the team for the younger guys.  What really is his worth in todays NHL?  A 5th draft pick at best?

Just the way True North operates, I think they would rather hang on to him, reward him for his years of service, offer him a job with the organization if he chooses to hang them up after this season.

7 minutes ago, Rich said:

I'd actually be shocked if the Jets traded Thorburn.  Not because of his play on the ice or anything like that, but because of his involvement with the community and the role he plays on the team for the younger guys.  What really is his worth in todays NHL?  A 5th draft pick at best?

Just the way True North operates, I think they would rather hang on to him, reward him for his years of service, offer him a job with the organization if he chooses to hang them up after this season.

I agree.  But they also have that in Stu who married a local who also happens to work for True North.  Might be some pressure not to trade Stu knowing you're basically upending the life of a local who works for the organization.  I could see both in roles where they transition to the AHL if they are willing.

5 hours ago, Ducky said:

Wheeler, Little. Stafford, Buff, Enstrom, Perreault, Stafford, and Scheifele isn't enough of a veteran presense?

It's less than you'd think.  Especially when you include Little is injured.  And Stafford is injured.

And Stafford is a guy you keep insisting should be traded.

And you listed Stafford twice.