Game 7 : Dallas @ Armia's Army

Pavelec is putting up crappy numbers in the AHL currently.  He's not the answer. Dude was on waivers and nobody took him. Part of that is salary but part is the fact that for 5 6 years he's proven he's not good enough.  

Helle hasnt even had half an nhl season... Pav had 6 maybe more of below average goaltending and some ppl want pavelec back? Lol. He makes no difference and won't be in the nhl next year. 

Little's not back until almost December and not sure if Trouba will be ;) so this is the lineup we will roll with. They looked ticked with the outcomes of their last number of efforts (except the other night in Dallas), so here's hoping they build on this. A winnable road game coming up tomorrow!

Edited by IC Khari

Helle was very good. Made lots of difficult saves look easy.  Hutch goes tomorrow tho per Maurice.  Not sure I agree with that decision.  But... if the team plays like they did tonight... they should win. This team is decent.. they need some time to gel and for the kids to learn how to play... the nice thing is ehlers Laine Connor helle Morrissey even scheif armia and Lowry all had very strong games. If the Jets can be around 500 until December ish... they got a legit chance to do some damage. They are a very dangerous team. Myers looking more and more like a solid number 2 d man every game he plays.

Honestly I'm not missing trouba... he makes very little difference in my opinion. Little is the big loss tho. 

Play 500 or better until he's back and replace guys like Burmi and thorburn who really don't have a place on the team and we will be good. 

Tanev Copp Dano is a better 4th line than Tanev Burmi Thorburn 

Wow what a game. Armia is dynamite. That whole line is playing tremendous. It's a shame Matthias doesn't even need a stick since its of no use to him but hustle is there. 

Other guys fed off the hustle of that line  

I said after last game that there wa plenty to like. And here it is. Great effort. 

Helle was great. 

Even Burni was decent. He hits guys at least. 

And Laine. What can you say. That shot is unreal. Everyone was ready for it. Goalie staring right at him. Boom. In it goes. Tremendous. 

Why saddle Armia with two stiffs? I know Adam is our best draw man so I guess we have to live with him, but come on Maurice! Put someone on that line that can take advantage of at least 50% of the chances Armia is giving him rather than the zero currently. 

Edited by IC Khari

I understand why they're doing it.  The line is playing great.  Its not just Armia, although he is clearly the straw that stirs that drink.  But Lowry has been much better and so has Matthias.  Lots of hustle.  That line is always in the other team's zone.  Even Lowry on the PP...I get it, he's winning faceoffs and he's parked in front of the net.  He's serving his purpose.

When everyone is healthy, I cant imagine dropping Armia to the 4th line where Lowry will end up.  But the 3rd line probably becomes Connor-Perreault-Armia and that should be a lot better for him.

Dano recalled. Right Move. I actually think Burmi and Dano together showed some nice chemistry last year so if the 4th line becomes

Tanev Burmi Dano... instead of thorburn who really does nothing out there, It's an improvement for sure.

Regarding Matthias, he seems to be snake bit a little bit, he can score goals, for some reason he's not just yet, i'm sure he eventually will pop a few.. i actually think Matthias Lowry Armia has been our best overall line the last 3 or 4 games... they have dominated, forechecking machines really, just need to capitalize, lowry is hands of stone but Matthias, he should start to put some in.