Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jesse

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Jesse

  1. And these football fans you speak of all listen to the same type of music? And that happens to be the music you listen to?
  2. And he made the roster. Yet here we are again. Hearing the complaints that the coaches are making the wrong choices.
  3. I attack you because you say the same darn thing in every post you make. Sometimes 20-30 times per day. In terms of roster management, I've been on board since day one; you just repeat it so often and sometimes way too far in that direction that I have to argue against it. And then you make personal attacks but then deny doing so. It's tiresome.
  4. You're not even allowing for the possibility that you may be slightly overvaluing guys you've seen for a handful of snaps across one or two of poorly televised pre-season games, eh?
  5. No senior citizens please
  6. Yup. Totally. I need to avoid falling into the old man trap of thinking it’s a bad get because it wasn’t what I was expecting. Big name. Tons of hits. Should put on a great show for the TV and live audience.
  7. What is this a change from if not the starting positions from last year?
  8. You can love the code of conduct and recognize that a player celebrating on the field has nothing to do with it. I’ll absolutely make fun of players who do crap like that, on my team or not, has nothing to do with culture though.
  9. And Cole in for Kramdi.
  10. I mean, that’s still 2 moves to cover one spot.
  11. That only makes the cut more likely.
  12. The way he’s being talked up around here makes me think he’s a guaranteed cut.
  13. To submit to the league. They have almost assuredly done that. They just haven’t announced it to us yet.
  14. We know that Cole, Moses, Petrishen are not getting the opportunity to play beside Wilson, Kramdi, Gauthier. It's hard to say they're being given the opportunity to earn a roster spot when you're not even trying to look at players side by side.
  15. 1. I'm not a Kramdi hater, though I believe he should have to play to earn his spot (but he's not playing so...) 2. I'm not defending the coaches here, I'm just saying we can easily assume this is what's happening.
  16. I think so. I seem to remember him not practicing after the pre-season game.
  17. I have no reason to think he won't be starting at SAM. With only back-ups playing, I think it's fair to assume all former starters are written into their old spots in pen.
  18. This is more important than whether Zach plays or not. Keeping in mind that we had Dru Brown in each of the last couple of years as well. This year, we have a couple rookies taking snaps, one of whom has been here for a few days. How do we evaluate any of the offensive players? How does the OL begin to come together as a unit (with a two new starters this season)?
  19. I think we do, I'm just saying you don't need to do the whole thing for a preseason game. If the CFL can manage a video feed and audio, why can't TSN produce a cost effective version to get it on air?
  20. Ok, but we’re getting the video feed. So how much more expensive does it need to get?
  21. I can't see Calgary being any good. Both Sask and Edmonton have clearer paths to success, imo.
  22. He needs to have at least one monster year if he expects to keep getting paid like he is. But he's never played 18 games.
  23. That's why they're keeping so many guys around, I guess. Every gets a chance to show their stuff. The one thing MOS did say about the receivers, is that everyone is having good and bad moments. Just waiting for someone to take the job.
  24. When it comes to Rutledge (or other examples of guys staying in depth roles or bouncing back and forth from the PR), and I’ve mentioned this a couple of times now, we can’t take the onus off of the player. I know we get excited when we see a guy make plays in game, but we also don’t know if he’s not where he should be on the field within the scheme, is he playing selfishly, is he dogging it in practice or in meetings? There’s so much that we don’t see. And we’ve been far too successful to think guys are losing snaps for no reason. As to competitions in training camp, obviously there are guys who walk in to TC safe. But we also saw with Andrew Harris that when they lose their stuff, they’re gone. We brought in Daley when we weren’t getting enough at SAM, eventually replaced him. We acknowledged our kicking game wasn’t enough and kept bringing back Castillio, brought Lawler back into the fold. We are capable of recognizing weaknesses. And again, I am all on board with some of MOS’s roster management decisions. I’m just also acknowledging that there’s a lot we don’t see.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.