Everything posted by Arnold_Palmer
- Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season
-
2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)
Guarantee you the Riders over paid to get him and he’ll be making as much if not more then CF was making this season you can bet on that. With the way the market is shaping up it’s looking like another season with a terrible o-line for the Riders, Knowing the state of the franchise I think this is a last ditch effort on O’day to keep his job.
-
2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)
I guess you can argue that however, BC and Edmonton threw around a ton of money on day one last year too.
-
2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)
Gotta rely on our scouting department to fill some of those holes. Can’t always be free agent Day one winners. Teams that over spend in free agency are rarely playing in November.
- Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season
- Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season
-
Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season
Really wouldn’t be too happy. Demski is a Swiss Army knife who I still believe has another gear,he’s close to really becoming a dominant player plus his passport makes him to me more valuable then almost any American receiver in the league. I don’t really see a scenario where we get Lewis or Lawler cheaper then what Demski is going to get so unless Demski doesn’t want to be here I would rather just use the money on him.
-
2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)
Well I guess it depends.. Ellingson has been the better player when healthy but he’ll be 35 by the team the CFL season is over in 2023. I guess I can’t really see a scenario where a 34 year old is going to get less injury prone, I would rather roll the dice on Wieneke who was outstanding in 2021.
-
2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)
Agreed. He’s also 6’4 he would be a great deep ball target for ZC8
-
2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)
Depends. If they command 300 k each I would rather let another team over bid.
-
2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)
What do you think the thread name “Non Bombers news” means?
-
2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)
He’s not a top QB though.. maybe before his injury but in my opinion he’s a middle of the road guy at best. Curious to see what will happen, Statistically Calgary had the best o-line in the league and a good running game to keep them honest, Hamilton has neither so far.
-
2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)
500 k is way too much at this point in his career for Mitchell, and with the draft picks this could be eventually considered a fleecing by Calgary down the road. Remember Hamilton has an absolutely terrible O-line he’s not going to be protected like he was in Calgary.
- Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season
- Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season
-
2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)
Come on Mike it’s not like he’s 38 he just turned 30 in October, more importantly doesn’t have a lot of mileage on his body, he’s a good football player had 17 sacks last year and was constantly doubles teamed. Would have taken him over Jeffcoat at this stage in their careers absolutely.
-
Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season
Can we leave the covid talk in the general forum in the proper forum? There’s been non stop covid talk for nearly 3 years now. None of what is being said here is new, news. I come to the Bomber forum to discuss football not being dragged into a political debate. If you want to talk about covid there’s active threads going on, let’s get back on track and use this thread to talk about the Blue and Gold. Go Blue!!
- Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season
-
2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)
We could only hope 😁
-
2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)
Elks in my opinion at the very least leap frog over the rough riders. I hate to say it but Jones brought in some good players that showcased their talent in the last half of the season. I guess ultimately it will depend on their QB play whether or not they can become real contenders but I have them out of the basement in the west so far.
-
2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)
Let’s hope rider management feels like Craig Dickenson is in the upper echelon or coaching as well. A three year extension is in order!
- Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season
-
2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)
I smell a last place finish, like some of the players Jones brought in by the end of the season it’s safe to say Saskatchewan will be in the bottom of the basement unless things change drastically.
- Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season
-
Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season
Rose was just fine, he was hurt early in the season but was quite good down the stretch. Sure he gets beat deep occasionally but he’s an agressive DB it’s going to happen, especially when you’re covering the best receivers. As soon as Alexander was back our secondary was just different.