Everything posted by Blueandgold
-
TIger cats sign Johnny Sears
I wouldn't doubt it, but as much as I like Sears it's hard to justify spending a ton of scratch on a guy who's a good bet to miss half the season when we're extremely deep at DB.
-
Bombers sign Jamall Westerman
Does his brother join us next? Either way this awesome news!
-
Around the CFL Offseason Discussion
Too early to say. Depends on who the neg lister and draft pick turn out be. It does not depend on who the 5th round pick turns out to be. The value of the pick does not increase/decrease based on who you choose to select with it.
-
Brandon Banks Tweets
Bunch of them were tweeting they were the fastest player in the cfl. Price.banks Chevy in Ottawa. Williams maybe. Banks just challenged them to put their money where there mouth is What's wrong with that?
-
Chris Williams signs in Ottawa
Yup. But that's also a ton of money tied up in import receivers.
-
Chris Williams signs in Ottawa
I would've loved to have Williams here.
-
CFLPA Dumps Ed Molstad
If the NFL is paying less than Six Million per year in legal fees, ours should be nowhere near a million.
-
CFL proposed rule changes for 2015
Lol this is some XFL nonsense.
-
Bombers Sign INT OT Zebrie Sanders
Peach sucks. I'd be extremely disappointed if we can't recruit a better DE than him.
-
Around the CFL Offseason Discussion
I'm a big fan of his, we're stacked in the secondary but I'd make room for him.
-
CFL proposed rule changes for 2015
This is the ONLY good rule change. The rest of them all honestly suck and make me lose respect for the CFL.
-
Bombers draft & FA camp prep
Devin Tyler at left tackle? I imagine Drew Willy in the fetal position crying just at that thought.
-
Around the CFL Offseason Discussion
Given his history, it wouldn't be a stretch to question his love for Football.
-
Big shock Bogo hurt for the Sabres ...
Where there's smoke there's fire.
-
Free agency news
31 already? Wow I was thinking he was still like 26.
-
Your untradeables
Realistically McDavid isn't being traded for anyone - he'll probably have the highest trade value in the league immediately.
-
Your untradeables
Trouba is the only untouchable for me, although you'd have to give me quite the haul for me to give up Scheifele.
-
Around the CFL Offseason Discussion
I forgot about him. I would've loved to get him back, his 2010 season here was even better than Alex Halls 2013.
-
Free agency news
That doesn't mean anything when third doesn't guarantee them a playoff birth.
-
Around the CFL Offseason Discussion
Exactly. Walters offers $150k. Desjardins probably counters at $350k.Aside from reading Rider forum's why do people have this impression of Desjardins?The Bomber's won 5 free agent auctions, did they pay too much? After all they beat Ottawa all 5 times. Taman has the highest paid Canadian receiver by a mile, Popp has highest paid receiver and Wally is paying huge for a pair of LB's yet Desjardins is the only GM ruining the league with out of this world contracts? I don't get it. Can't say for sure as there's no evidence that Desjardins was after any of the players that the Bombers signed. Ottawa signed SirVincent Rogers before the Bombers signed Bryant so it looks like he was their priority for Import O-lineman. Some comments from Walters suggested that this was also the Bombers grading of the two. Anyone know what $$ Rogers signed for? Heard Rogers got $140k per season. Bryant got $160k. Rogers was seen as more attractive if the two because of perceived value. In my opinion Walters ended up getting amazing value from Bryant. I honestly wouldn't of complained if we paid 200K for Bryant.
-
Bombers sign Goodrich
Why didn't it work out with Kurt and the Bisons? Didn't he have two separate stints with them in 2010 and 2013?
-
Bombers sign Goodrich
I sure wouldn't let this stand in the way of us drafting Demski if we deem him to be the best available player for us.
-
Free agency news
Why? Lots of American RB's that come up here on their first CFL contract aren't making anywhere near league minimum. Chad Simpson for example. Brought him in from the States and he was making well above league minimum. Sure, some RBs that arrive might be making league minimum or close to it, but I wouldn't just assume that a guy like Toston (who wouldn't be coming in as a starter), will be making a whole boat load of cash or really any more than Joe NFL-Cut. Every contract is different. It's not about the money, it's about the fact that we should be able to recruit a decent running back and not pick up a retread like Toston who's proven that he isn't a starter.
-
Free agency news
I dislike the idea of bringing in an American running back on a second contract.
-
Official Team Twitter Accounts
As long as they don't take shots that are bad for business - things like the Argos attendance issues - it's not even an issue worthy of discussion in my mind.