Everything posted by the watcher
-
Books, Books, Books
100% on that. When my wife and I turned 50 we decided to canoe from Brandon to the Forks. We took our time and did it in 12 days. From Brandon to Portage ( especially Brandon to 34 hwy) is amazing. You would ever guess you were paddling in Southern MB farming country. On the entire trip we only met one other group. Brandon to 34 is an absolute gem hidden under everyone's nose. Portage to the perimeter - meh. Perimeter to the forks - entertaining.
-
Les Waseau @ Bombers GDT
Sweet !!!
-
Les Waseau @ Bombers GDT
That's a catch. And a beauty too
-
Les Waseau @ Bombers GDT
Nice work by Bailey to get that 1st
-
The Environment Thread
Disgusting. https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2023/aug/23/g20-poured-more-than-1tn-on-fossil-fuel-subsidies-despite-cop26-pledges-report
-
Mb Provincial election poll
Apparently a Nazi is now anyone you dislike or disagree with .
-
World Politics
It's not just money. He has the training . The KGB years will have reinforced his natural ruthless tendency.
-
US Politics
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/aug/21/trump-election-giuliani-sidney-blumenthal
-
Week 11 - Blue Bombers (7-2) @ stumps(3-6) - GDT
What the hell was that ?
-
Week 11 - Blue Bombers (7-2) @ stumps(3-6) - GDT
God I hate in game interviews
-
Week 11 - Blue Bombers (7-2) @ stumps(3-6) - GDT
Pick 6!!!!
-
US Politics
Hey, she is completely right. She's bat **** crazy.
-
Canadian Politics
The whole world needs a heavy dose of mind your own F###ing business. Who am I to tell someone else who they should love or be are attracted to. Or how they feel about who they really are .( gender wise ) .It's got nothing to do with me. Neither does what someone's choice about carrying a fetus to term. Or for that matter what books are in a library. If I find them offensive, I won't read them or let my children read them. Like I said, the whole world would be better off if we took a pill ( figuratively) and minded our own business.
-
Canadian Politics
We'd be better governed if every politician had actually worked and depended on a regular job for a living. Especially a minimum wage job.
-
US Politics
What a F##ked up country. I had totally missed that bit of anti- democratic crap. Thanks.
-
US Politics
I had thought after the insurrection( or the attempted coup), that America's last hope was their judiciary branch. But I had pretty much given up on that notion. Perhaps this is it's last chance . If she gets booted down the road it's a big statement. I suppose the other way out for Trump and cohorts would be to go after Georgia's extensive RICO law
-
US Politics
Can she be fired even though she was elected to the position ? Here's a Guardian article on her: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/aug/14/donald-trump-prosecutor-fulton-county-georgia-district-attorney-fani-willis
-
US Politics
It may have been mentioned earlier but one of the points in this article is that because these charges are at a State level, Trump would not be able to pardon himself and his co- conspirators should he be re-elected. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/aug/14/donald-trump-georgia-indictment-2020-election
-
Random News Items
It's a learned behavior. Kids aren't born that way.
-
Covid-19
Dimes to dollars he supports the squashing of Roe vs Wade.
-
Week 9 - Lions @ Blue Bombers - GDT
What a run !
-
Week 9 - Lions @ Blue Bombers - GDT
I'd still be holding my chest if I got hit like that........mind you I'm a pensioner.
-
Week 9 - Lions @ Blue Bombers - GDT
Demski!!!
-
Week 9 - Lions @ Blue Bombers - GDT
Not much question about that PI
-
Week 9 - Lions @ Blue Bombers - GDT
Money !