Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mr. Perfect

Moderators
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mr. Perfect

  1. Hey all, I've done an updated NFL mock draft for those that may be interested. I've added who I previously had in that given spot in the draft as well as other positions that may be targeted. Have a look if you feel so inclined. All feedback welcome. http://chasecharney.wordpress.com/the-last-word-the-blog/
  2. No need here.
  3. Paul Friesen ‏@friesensunmedia 39s #Bombers GM Kyle Walters says he's been made a "laughable" offer for his #2 overall draft pick.
  4. We'll be just fine without him. If he's cut and can be signed for a decent back-up price then kick the tires and see what happens but I think we'll be just fine with our current batch of pivots.
  5. Disagree that he's (was) the best coach out there. Laviolette and Boucher are significantly better. While he (Maurice) may be one of the better coaches either Jets club has had, it's not a legit reason to be happy that he's behind the bench as you know what you're going to get with him year in, year out.
  6. Pryor was just traded to Seattle. Great place for him to develop.
  7. Agreed 100%. I do think Reggie McKenzie is making some good efforts there but the team has miles to go. Personally I really want to see Johnny Manziel do well, and I think he will do well but if he gets drafted by Oakland at 5 I think it will be career suicide.
  8. The issues at Ohio State were off the field, and Jim Tressel was the root cause of most of it. On the field he was a VERY good college QB. Oakland was an awful fit for him yet he was able to occasionally show flashes. It would be extremely difficult for anyone to succeed with the talent he had around him. The best situation for him is to learn as a number two on a middle of the pack team, or perhaps even as a third on a championship contending team so he can properly be educated on playing football at the pro level with good people around him. As far as Montreal putting him on the neg list - He'll never come here.
  9. Four years is a little much for a guy who IMO didn't really accomplish a whole lot. Yes the team was noticeably better under his watch than Noel but that's not exactly an accomplishment as far as I'm concerned given how poorly Noel managed things.
  10. Really crossing my fingers for Grigsby. Now that he appears to be serious about football I'd like to see what he can do on a Canadian field.
  11. Robert Marve is not starting week one (or anytime soon). Period. You're not going to stroll out a QB who has never suited up in a CFL game before especially when you're trying to generate as much positive press as possible coming off of a 3-15 season.
  12. Willy has more talent in his little finger than LeFors ever had. We'll be just fine with Drew Willy. Relax.
  13. They drafted a lot of tackles the last few years, what if they have a NI who can play RT but none that can play centre well? Would still be using 2 imports on the o-line. Hell wouldn't even be the first time that the Bombers used an import at centre, unless I'm forgetting but wasn't Benedict Ibisi a centre? Didn't Brandon Dyson also play some centre for us? That is correct. Dyson was first during the 2001 season, and Ibisi came after. Too bad Dyson pulled the crap he did with the football club because he was damn good on the field. Dirty player sure, but he was someone I'd have on my offensive line any day of the week and twice on Sunday's.
  14. Hasn't played much football lately but solid measurables. He has 4.38 speed, did 21 reps on the bench press and 43 1/2 in the vertical jump, and 11' in the broad jump. Compared to this year's NFL combine he would have been second, eighth, first, T-second respectively. Very intriguing prospect to have in camp.
  15. Either Wally is nuts, or Joey must have really screwed up bad...
  16. Their schools are also likely to be a factor for some teams in the NFL. Juran Bolden and Brandon Browner are two DB's who immediately come to mind that are tall who did quite well for themselves. I have no idea how Browner managed to become somebody in the NFL, I always felt he was terribly over rated in the CFL and if the refs were at all serious about calling PI he could have been flagged every play. If you ever watched the Seattle Seahawks play it would be evident very quick why he was somebody in the NFL. Now as it turns out, how much of that was aided by PED's we'll see this coming season with New England.
  17. Their schools are also likely to be a factor for some teams in the NFL. Juran Bolden and Brandon Browner are two DB's who immediately come to mind that are tall who did quite well for themselves.
  18. Maybe it's just me but even going back to when he was a player Morreale has always struck me as an arrogant jerk. Wonder how the PA perceived him? Not very high I guess considering he's been replaced in the middle of a CBA negotiation.
  19. According to Penton, there is disention in the ranks of the players association. Flory is attempting to take over things for Morreale and a vote should happen tomorrow.
  20. As a Packers fan, I actually hope it happens. Football is so much better when the Vikings are competitive and I really hope he lands there. I worry about Oakland possibly taking him as I think it would be career suicide for him. His pro day today was absolutely tremendous and likely boosted his stock. This is a VERY deep first round to two rounds this year. The top 10 in particular will be tremendous to watch.
  21. Bob Irving ‏@BobIrvingCJOB 1m Unlikely any Cfl team will touch McGill o-lineman Laurent duvernay tardif in first round of CFL draft--he is headed for NFL
  22. Hey all, I've put together a mock draft of how I think the first round of the NFL draft may play out. If you're a fan of the NFL or just football in general by all means check it out. It's the first time I've done a first round mock. Any comments, questions or critiques are definitely encouraged. If anyone is interested it can be found by visiting my personal webpage. http://chasecharney.wordpress.com/the-last-word-the-blog/
  23. Without knowing the validity of anything....if it's the Islanders we are talking to, or are interested in our players, we might as well ask for Tavares and Pulock the way Snow and Wang run that organization.
  24. True, but if anyone can make chicken salad out of chicken crap it's him.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.