Everything posted by Mr. Perfect
-
Madani: CFLPA Recommends Strike Vote To Members
I'm not a big Nick Moore fan and stuff like this is why. He is one of those guys that I'll cheer for on the field but I don't have much use for off of it. It's like he's been diagnosed with Jovon Johnson Syndrome. Couldn't have said it any better. Seems like another keyboard warrior.
-
Madani: CFLPA Recommends Strike Vote To Members
Funny, Nick Moore wasn't complaining when he signed his over valued contract in free agency... Nick M. @NickMoore_1 2m Report to camp, "in good faith"....lmao come on man
-
Madani: CFLPA Recommends Strike Vote To Members
Arash Madani @ArashMadani 51s Very, very little has changed from the #CFL proposal to the players from eight days ago. Average $5 mil cap last week. Now up to about $5.1.
-
Madani: CFLPA Recommends Strike Vote To Members
@scratchingpost: #CFLPA VP Marwan Hage: "It's two steps forward, ten steps backward." #CFL
-
Madani: CFLPA Recommends Strike Vote To Members
Matthew Scianitti @TSNScianitti 2m #CFLPA source says players will be told to attend training camp "in good faith" until the union reviews all its options. #CFL
-
Madani: CFLPA Recommends Strike Vote To Members
Wow is the PA ever a joke. Amateur hour at the bargaining table.
-
Madani: CFLPA Recommends Strike Vote To Members
Personally, I think the CFL has made a reasonable offer to the PA. Not every team is making the kind of cash that the Riders are, and even with the new TV deal teams like Toronto and Hamilton (despite the new stadium) are on shaky ground at the best of times. Add the fact that attendance is steadily declining in Montreal and Ottawa has already failed twice makes the sunshine and rainbows image the PA is trying to portray somewhat laughable. It's hard to take them seriously with their offers nevermind their PR skills (lack there of) as shown last week.
-
Madani: CFLPA Recommends Strike Vote To Members
If there's one thing in pro sports I can't stand, it's athletes who don't stand behind comments they obviously meant. Say what you mean, and mean what you say. What a joke. Kind of like the CFLPA.
-
Free Agency - 2014...
Peach I'd imagine is a pretty inexpensive player to have. Decent depth guy. Could very easily cut him if a rookie or two shows better in camp.
-
Free Agency - 2014...
Is life really THAT bad for the players if they are still signing contracts? The hypocrisy is hilarious.
-
Madani: CFLPA Recommends Strike Vote To Members
Guys make $45,000 a year & you want to break them? That's utterly ridiculous. Why not just find another league to follow? If Cohon's figures are in fact true in his release, the league average is just shy of $93,000. That's plenty.
-
Madani: CFLPA Recommends Strike Vote To Members
The players association is such a joke. Whether they like it or not, given the money involved they'll cave MUCH sooner than the owners will. The past 24 hours has shown who the amateurs really are between the league and the players. As an aside, I must say the tweets I find particularly amusing are players that have been complaining that have just signed contracts this off season. Moore and Kuale come to mind immediately. I'm sure there are others.
-
Replacement players opinions?
Not a chance. Some players in the league shouldn't be playing professional football as it is. No need to increase that number. It would be a disaster.
-
Madani: CFLPA Recommends Strike Vote To Members
If they average salary would indeed be just shy of $93,000, that is MORE than enough for the players. What a joke.
-
Madani: CFLPA Recommends Strike Vote To Members
So if the CFL loses a significant chunk of games as the Sun is currently suggesting, I'm not sure coming back in or around when the NFL is starting to make it's return is wise for anybody. Not only are the CFL's numbers sky high before this year, but the NFL's numbers are higher than ever. The CFL loses some fans whenever the NFL comes back as it is anyway, and if there is nothing to keep fans appetites satisfied, I'd imagine the NFL's numbers will increase even further this year than they would origninally. I realize teams are getting significantly more money with the new TV deal but no league is as dependant on their fans than the CFL is. I'd be very careful as to what cards I'd play if I was the CFL or the PA. Without the fans they're both nothing.
-
Bombers sign DL Louis Nzegwu
Love Wisconsin football players. Very curious to see how Nzegwu performs in camp.
-
Important notice regarding the future of MBB.com
That's actually an interesting idea. Personally I don't pay attention to email but some may definitely find value in that. Anyone else? I think the Twitter account may be a better way instead of email perhaps.
-
Michael Sam Reaction
The truth is that in the eyes on many NFL executives, the combine means a lot more than stats or game type from college. Based on his combine results Sam got picked exactly where he should have, whether you disagree with the process or not.
-
Ticats cut Brandon Isaac? Penton:source
Darrin Bauming @DarrinBauming 2m Kyle Walters says #Bombers will announce a "name" linebacker signing in the next 24-48 hours.
-
First round NFL mock draft - Updated
I don't mind that pick... Tom Brady will be 37 this season and he's not going to play forever. The pick that struck me as odd was the Browns using their first pick on Justin Gilbert, a cornerback. But they were still able to grab Manziel later on so it ended up looking like an okay move, I guess. I like Gilbert but I hated the move for two reasons. First of which I don't think the Browns got NEARLY the return they should have gotten moving down from four to nine, especially when you consider the prices paid to teams for first round draft trades in the past. The return St. Louis got from the Redskins for example in the RG3 deal when they moved from four to two immediately comes to mind. Second, based on reports some (not sure how everybody didn't know but I digress) but some of the Browns staffers were aware of the second failed drug test by Josh Gordon two weeks before the draft (Last year's NFL leading receiver with over 1,600 yards) that will most likely result in him missing all of the upcoming season. Based on that, why are you trading out of that spot when you have Sammy Watkins right in your lap? Your defence is already very good. You could have had Manziel (who I think sits now for 2014 based on the Gordon situation) paired up with Watkins and Cameron. Add Gordon back in 2015 and that's one hell of a passing attack.
-
First round NFL mock draft - Updated
Size as you mentioned was/is an issue for sure. Teams also put a lot of faith into the scouting combine (more than they should IMO) where Sam was absolutely awful in. Again though, you look at his game tape, stats and the SEC honour and that's something that shouldn't be tossed away easily. Some food for thought: The best defensive player in the SEC went in the seventh round but the top two tackles in the draft (Robinson, Matthews) also came from the SEC. Previous players to win the SEC defensive player of the year award: 2012 Jarvis Jones - 1st round pick 2011 Morris Claiborne - 1st round pick 2010 Patrick Peterson - 1st round pick 2009 Rolando McClain - 1st round pick 2008 Eric Berry - 1st round pick You get the picture I'm sure. Granted one of those players turned out to be a bust and another is on his way to being a bust, but getting recognized as the SEC defensive player of the year obviously means you've made quite an impression.
-
First round NFL mock draft - Updated
The thing is, the Jags needed a QB. They obviously had Bortles rated the highest, so in reality it is hard to fault them for making that pick. Every analyst I saw had the top 3 or 4 QBs jumbled in different orders... There really wasn't one guy who was head and shoulders above the rest. Personally I was thrilled with the Vikings getting Bridgewater at 32. I think that is a steal, regardless of how shitty Bridgewater's pro day went. Agreed. I think a large part of it is a lot of people were on the Manziel hype-train. I am not a huge fan of Bridgewater, but I will agree with you there, great value considering the speculation throughout the entire last year. I read somewhere that the Patriots would have taken Bortles if he was available at 29, and so they were already thinking a QB in the first round if it was the right one. If Belichick liked Bortles enough to use a first round pick on him, I'd say that's a decent indication of his stock. I like the Bortles pick at three. There was no guarantee that had Jacksonville traded down based on who was in the top 10 that they would have gotten him later. Overall I was very impressed with the Jags draft. Bortles, Lee, Robinson, and Johnson (No idea how/why he lasted to round 7) are very solid picks for a team needing to revamp the offence.
-
First round NFL mock draft - Updated
Depends how you want to look at it. Garoppolo went exactly where he was suppose to in the late two-early three range. It looks bad though based on how far the rest of the QB draft class slid. Out of the QB picks I'd say Arizona taking Logan Thomas before McCarron, Murray and Mettenberger is highly questionable based on their respective body of work. That being said Arians has worked with a similar passer in Roethlisberger so I'm sure that played a role in the decision to draft him.
-
First round NFL mock draft - Updated
Thanks. Considering it was my first time doing one I was quite happy especially when reflecting on some of the mocks put out there on NFL.com by some of their writers. I was kicking myself for moving Clinton Dix out of the Green Bay spot as I had him there initially. Nothing against Aaron Donald, he's a tremendous football player but I would have figured the Rams would target their secondary as their front seven is already stellar.
-
Mike McCullough at MLB?
I'd rather go with a rook and have him take his lumps and be ready to be a big time player (hopefully) around the same time the team as a whole is ready to compete with the league's elite.