17to85
Members
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Topic: GDT - Stamps at Bombers
Everything posted by 17to85
-
Some Bulletin Board Fodder...
you beat me too it. Those comments are very nice to read cause it tells me that the stamps d-line has no idea what Goltz can do. Much more athletic than Pierce at this point AND much more aware and able to make a decision with the ball (ie. doesn't hold it as long)
-
Depth Chart - Week #5 - Stamps @ Bombers
seconded, but honestly the guy I want to see NOT doing returns is Johnson. Seemed like he spent more time rolling on the ground on punt returns last week than actually returning the ball.
-
Burke Calls The Team "immature"
you think it's the comments? For me it's the record and the stubborn refusal to fix a glaring problem on the team.
-
Jade Etienne
because hands trump hype and so far Poblah hasn't shown that he catches the ball as well as Etienne. Will be interesting to see if Poblah gets in at SB at all since the buzz is he's more suited to be inside than outside.
-
Confirmed, Goltz Will Start Friday Night Against Stamps
well it only fun if I'm the one egging people on.
-
Burke Calls The Team "immature"
But unfortunately Mack is the one I'd prefer to keep. Either way I think if Mack gets fired a new GM will bring in his own coach. No one is going to take the job and be told that he has to stick with a dud of a head coach.
-
Ticats @ Riders
Ray is the best qb in the league and has been for quite a long time just because he's mpossible to rattle and if you give him any opportunity at all he just never misses on a pass. Doesn't matter if it's short of long he can put it right where it needs to be.
-
Confirmed, Goltz Will Start Friday Night Against Stamps
that play pissed me off so much. I hate when guys try and dance around when they're 2 yards short of the first down. Just put your head down, man up and go forward. Worst case you get a yard and are in 3rd and one and you give the coach a choice about gambling. getting stopped 2 yards short means a punt.
-
Ticats @ Riders
yeah a guy with his only incomplete pass being a drop should not be denied POW I don't care how many yards anyone else had.
-
Confirmed, Goltz Will Start Friday Night Against Stamps
well one of the features of this site I believe is the ability to ignore users entirely so you don't see their posts, I'd suggest doing that and not egging anything on.
-
Confirmed, Goltz Will Start Friday Night Against Stamps
i'm going to go ahead and say that you're over rating the stamps D. They're decent but I haven't been as impressed with them this year as I was expecting. They're beatable for sure... question is what the bombers offense will do. So far they've made every defense they've faced look out of this world.
-
Confirmed, Goltz Will Start Friday Night Against Stamps
not sure how much of it was the argos being in prevent mode but there really did seem to be more room to run as the game wore on and it's likely a large part in response to Goltz being able to stretch the entire field with both his arms and legs. Buying time to let plays develop, avoiding pressure with his legs and the threat to run, amazing how things can open up when a qb is able to do things like that.
-
Can We Please Run The Ball?
I truthfully don't think there were a lot of planned outside runs by the bombers anyway which explains why there was no blocking. Think Simpson just didn't want to go for the tough yards for minimal gain and was trying to be a hero and break everything for a big one. That doesn't work.
-
Burke Calls The Team "immature"
it's frustrating, they're always tinkering with the lineup on defense but the offense only ever changes when guys get hurt. I do not understand it.
-
Burke Calls The Team "immature"
It's crazy, I read in the free press that Denmark was taking 2nd team reps in practise for a while this week too... which is crazy after he had a good game against Toronto. Not sure why he's on the **** list and can't get off of it when there's far bigger issues on the offence in terms of personnel.
-
Hamilton Cuts Knowlton And Patrick
Wild looked inexperienced but I don't think he was bad... the SAM on the other hand... yikes. Sears I only saw in the first half so I assume he got hurt pretty early, but I didn't think he looked good at all. I'm not sure who was playing there afterwards.
-
Argos Released Lb Brandon Issac
There's gotta be a bylaw somewhere that states that Hamilton and Toronto are required to swap linebackers periodically.
-
Burke Calls The Team "immature"
absolute nonsense. Burke puts speed as priority #1 and that by it's nature leads to a younger team. Ever notice how all the older players on the team are on offense but it's always the veterans on defense getting cut as soon as they lose a bit of speed? (Hefney, Logan, Kent last year, maybe Johnson soon this year) If Burke thinks his team is immature then it is a reflection on the coaching because in the context he used the term in I don't think he's talking about young and inexperience.
-
Confirmed, Goltz Will Start Friday Night Against Stamps
After finally seeing last weeks game I am excited to see more of Goltz. In my opinion he showed more awareness and athletic ability in that 2nd half than we've seen from Pierce all week and it will open things up for the offense as a whole. He moves around well enough to make people miss time to time, he throws on the run better than Pierce has lately, he is more effective when he runs himself and I think he's just as accurate as PIerce at this point in their careers. A qb who isn't a sitting duck is going to be a good thing for this offense. Hell the play PIerce got hurt on he stepped right into the guy! Just no awareness what's going on around him.
-
Burke Calls The Team "immature"
blah blah blah, Burke plays a big part in keeping the team young by valuing speed speed and more speed as highly as he does. Burke wants athletes as much as the GM and that means that older players don't get as many chances once they start to slow down.
-
Can We Please Run The Ball?
Well I just got a chance to watch that game and here's an example of why the coach isn't always the problem... 2nd down and 7, Goltz throws to Simpson short of the first down, Simpson tries to run all the way outside despite the Argos having enough bodies to string it out... he winds up 2 or 3 yards short when there were plenty of opportunities to man up, take the hit and go forward and wind up at least close enough where gambling on 3rd down is an option if not getting the first down yourself. Result is a 2 and out. There was another play where Simpson took the handoff, the play was obviously designed to be inside but the o-line got owned on the play so he bounced outside which was a smart call, but again rather than manning up and cutting up for a short gain he tried to run outside and got caught for a loss of yards. It's not all the play calls, there's a lot of plays being left on the field because the players aren't executing very well.
-
Burke Calls The Team "immature"
There's more to it than just that though. I mean Burke took over when they fired Lapo and his team got hammered 52-0 and showed no signs of life! That should be the easiest situation to motivate a team ever and he failed to do it. I like Burke and his honesty, I just still wonder if he's got the right stuff to be the man in charge.
-
Can We Please Run The Ball?
I do what I can. But what I'm saying is, you weren't happy with the offensive performance so you have taken every single opportunity since to run down everything about Gary Crowton. I'm saying your bashing of the coach is out of line when it's clear that sometimes it's simply a case of the players flat out not doing their jobs on the field.
-
Jade Etienne
yeah the only time I remember seeing anyone refer to Etienne as Macks pick was from people trying to avoid giving Mack credit for it when it looked like Etienne was showing progress this year in training camp. No one ever tried to call him Lapos pick to save mack from getting the blame for a bust... all everyone said was have some patience with the kid before tossing him under the bus.
-
Jade Etienne
yeah because our top 3 guys (whether you still believe Edwards is talented enough or not to be there anymore is irrelevant he's a PIerce favourite to throw to) are injured. I'm not talking about in the games right now, just overall.