Everything posted by GCJenks
-
Canadian Politics
Saw him Wednesday, I believe the message of the day was "The truth will set you free"
-
2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)
Any idea what the CFL numbers on ESPN2 were last year?
- Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season
- Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season
-
Upcoming Movies
I would need to subscribe to a service that offered that before I could do it. I’m okay with waiting, it’s probably been a month since I checked to see if any links were active.
-
Upcoming Movies
I found it on Film+ but none of the links worked the last I checked, planning on trying again this weekend.
-
The TV Thread
One out of two ain't bad?
-
2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)
Sounds like a perfect fit for the Riders
-
The TV Thread
One of my favourite genres is British crime dramas with, Line of Duty (Netflix) being my all time favourite. Started season 2 of The Capture (Amazon Prime) this weekend and am really enjoying it.
-
Grilling / Cooking (mostly grilling)
Co-op had the twin packs of pork tenderloin on sale for $3.99/lb this week. Walmart was twice the price. Safeway has asparagus for $3.49/lb and for February a nice tender size too. Did a quick indirect smoke on the tenderloin and grilled the asparagus. Pretty fine Sunday dinner. https://opeforum.com/attachments/6d1eda12-cf65-4cac-8a2c-15a7d17caac7-jpeg.364657/ https://opeforum.com/attachments/58dd9b2d-29d0-4f3a-9966-bcb86251e973-jpeg.364658/
-
Restaurant/food thread
I too must turn in my Winnipeg card, Cathay House was just never on my radar. Now “special green tea” at Sumhay at 3am, that’s something I am familiar with.
- Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season
-
2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)
I think for the first time in his career I have a level of respect for Sankey. I wonder if the rest of the facts would have been shared from the agent if asked, or if we get to hear them once he signs somewhere.
-
Restaurant/food thread
Why settle for decent when exceptional is available? I can’t understand your fixation with lousy chain restaurants. Winnipeg has so many options of scratch made food of so many types it’s insane nor to take advantage of the variety. Made the trip to Taverna Rosa for lunch today, absolutely incredible Greek cuisine.
-
Question for the Winnipeggers
I did not see the mention of the CTD, can’t support them as great citizens when Brad Roberts hates the city and often talks down about it and how much better life was once he moved to Vancouver. Popularity does not make someone great. Have I offered names? I couldn’t bring any that aren’t already mentioned and to me the question is too vague. First define Winnipegger and define great. Aif the requirement is born here and impact on the world Sir William Stephenson is second to none. If the requirement is impact on Winnipeg and Manitoba the list is very different. The one thing that this thread proves is that our city and home punches above its weight class in so many categories.
-
Question for the Winnipeggers
Are you seriously suggesting her? Why would anyone mention her? What has she done? Comes from a **** family and was successful after her father bought her a record deal.
-
The TV Thread
Scroll up from your original post and you’ll see our previous discussion on it. Watched episode 4 tonight, just keeps getting better.
-
2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)
12th season? Holy crap I must be getting old.
- Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season
-
Canadian Politics
This was never so apparent to me until we moved this summer and our 10 year needed to be acclimated to a new school. I will say many of these issues start at the top, good principals have great school and community environments, not so good or caring can lead to a toxic workplace, high teacher turnover and poor socialization of students. I will say I am very happy with E’s new school.
-
The RIP 2023 Thread
I can’t believe I am bout defend Al but I don’t think he intended to be racist in that statement. He was correct in his assertion of where the most money is in the music industry. Just listened to a great podcast that lays it out pretty simply, writing and copyright is where the money is, not performance. https://freakonomics.com/podcast/my-sharona/
-
2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)
I sure hope TSN didn't plan some Free Agent Frenzy programming for next Tuesday. By the time that rolls around there won't be anything left to talk about but all the confirmations of things agreed to this week.
- Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season
-
2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)
I’m calling a MTL re-sign of Harris , mostly because I want to see the Rider meltdown that will ensue.
-
2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)
How / Why would someone offer Dom Davis anything? I am not sure if I like or am shocked that not once have I seen Dakota Prukop mentioned. I mean even with the GC brain fart he still gets more done that Dom Davis...