Around The NHL 2016/2017

48 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Don't know where this Fleury hates Winnipeg talk comes from.

It isn't that he doesn't like Winnipeg. It is that most players don't put non playoff teams on their trade list unless there is some other connection or appeal to that city. 

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Don't know where this Fleury hates Winnipeg talk comes from.

Where did you get that from my post. I'd be very surprised if he waived to come here.  He wants to win. Look at our team d. Look at our team goalie stats. Why would he be excited about that?

on the other hand of teams willing to take his contract Winnipeg might be among the most promising. So you never know. 

If this is true I'm surprised. Yes they'd still have to deal with Vegas but if in December some hockey wizard said I'll trade you the best shot at making the playoffs for a 2nd round pick, is that worth it?

and you'd still have the asset to play with before Vegas. Fleury here in December could very well have been the catalyst to the Jets making the playoffs. Then again Fleury and a decent D man would have been better. 

3 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Not your post but a bunch of peeps saying Winnipeg not on his trade destination. That info is rarely leaked.

It's a likely prediction. I mean sure maybe he likes Winnipeg for some reason. But most people, especially rich people, if you have them 30 cities to choose from, Winnipeg won't be the one they choose to live and work. 

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

Wouldn't Vegas just claim him then?

Two ways of looking at it. If Chevy realizes in December that jets are playing poor goaltending and D and Fleury can make what needed to be a fairly small improvement to get us into the playoffs, then consider it as a 2nd round pick in exchange for playoffs. 

Secondly you'd still have the asset so if you want to trade Fleury or Helle or make a deal with Vegas to skip them so be it. 

8 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Two ways of looking at it. If Chevy realizes in December that jets are playing poor goaltending and D and Fleury can make what needed to be a fairly small improvement to get us into the playoffs, then consider it as a 2nd round pick in exchange for playoffs. 

Secondly you'd still have the asset so if you want to trade Fleury or Helle or make a deal with Vegas to skip them so be it. 

This club even with Fleury did not seem like a play off caliber team.   Any other season I'd be upset but for this season it makes sense to pass on that trade.    Now if for some reason he's available after the expansion draft for that same price then I'd do it in a heart beat. 

38 games. 909 save percentage 3.02 GAA 

56 games 907. 2.89 

Fleury vs Helle 

BTW Helle is the one who played 56 Games

So now we can stop pretending fleury is the answer 

Give me bishop 3 years or Darling or really anyone other than Fleury. He's not good. He plays on a better team than the Jets also and has worse GAA than Helle and only a tiny tiny bit better save percentage 

Helle probably gets 1.5 to 2 million a year this off season 

Fleury makes over 5 

2nd round pick? Maybe a 4th instead 

Edited by Goalie

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

This club even with Fleury did not seem like a play off caliber team.   Any other season I'd be upset but for this season it makes sense to pass on that trade.    Now if for some reason he's available after the expansion draft for that same price then I'd do it in a heart beat. 

Jets missed by 7 points.  So does Fleury get them 3 more wins and one more OT?  Probably.

31 minutes ago, Goalie said:

38 games. 909 save percentage 3.02 GAA 

56 games 907. 2.89 

Fleury vs Helle 

BTW Helle is the one who played 56 Games

So now we can stop pretending fleury is the answer 

Give me bishop 3 years or Darling or really anyone other than Fleury. He's not good. He plays on a better team than the Jets also and has worse GAA than Helle and only a tiny tiny bit better save percentage 

Helle probably gets 1.5 to 2 million a year this off season 

Fleury makes over 5 

2nd round pick? Maybe a 4th instead 

Meh.  Fleury is a good goalie.  Would probably have made the playoffs with him, Stats aside.  

Id go for Darling first but I wouldn't be upset at Fleury.  I would have made that trade.