Fan Sues RedBlacks

Rich

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/oseg-redblacks-fan-lawsuit-lansdowne-1.3494474

Marketing professional Duncan MacDonald is suing the Ottawa Sports and Entertainment Group for $35,000, claiming OSEG profited off his promotions concept for two football seasons without paying him a dime. 

OSEG denies the claim, saying it had the idea before receiving a "unsolicited proposal," and wants the case dismissed. 

"North versus south has been in the DNA of Ottawa football fans since the mid-70's when the phrase 'Disco Sucks' was coined," said Randy Burgess, vice president of communications and fan experience for 

It says in the article that the form submitted to them said "protected by copyright", but is that something he put on their or did he actually get it copyrighted?  How can you copyright an idea that has been used already for over 40 years?

33 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

It says in the article that the form submitted to them said "protected by copyright", but is that something he put on their or did he actually get it copyrighted?  How can you copyright an idea that has been used already for over 40 years?

You are confusing copyright with other ideas like patents and trademarks.  Anything can be copyrighted.  I can put a message on something I wrote that says copyright 2015 and that is 100% legal and valid copyright.  You don't have to apply for copyright.

Edited by Atomic

32 minutes ago, Atomic said:

You are confusing copyright with other ideas like patents and trademarks.  Anything can be copyrighted.  I can put a message on something I wrote that says copyright 2015 and that is 100% legal and valid copyright.  You don't have to apply for copyright.

Ah you're right.  Well then his claim is stupid.

I copyright this thread!  You all owe me.