Kicking

So it seem obvious Medlock will be our new place kicker,  but what are we doing about punting?  is Sergio Castillo coming back next year? can he punt?  He was good at FGs but not sure about punting.  I'll admit I haven't really paid enough attention to medlock other then to know he's a money FG kicker, but I think there was some knock on his punting?? would be weird to have 2 imports doing the kicking

3 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

damn it and Jon ryan just extended in seattle.  good on him, but man id have love to watch that guy rip the leather off the ball with his foot again in blue and gold  

Yes, well that will never happen.

2 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

So it seem obvious Medlock will be our new place kicker,  but what are we doing about punting?  is Sergio Castillo coming back next year? can he punt?  He was good at FGs but not sure about punting.  I'll admit I haven't really paid enough attention to medlock other then to know he's a money FG kicker, but I think there was some knock on his punting?? would be weird to have 2 imports doing the kicking

I think criticism of Medlock's punting ability is mostly directed at his average yards per punt, what it doesn't account for is the hang-time and ball placement he achieves. 

44 minutes ago, Fan Boy said:

I remember the first time I saw Ryan rip one and thinking well that's not going to last very long. 

yup, I remember watching him boot a ball 90 yards (bounces included). My dad leaned over and said, he's gone south as soon as his contract is up.