Wrestling

Rich

Vince is really looking his age I noticed. He does look big as in he still may lift but somehow he seems to be more frail. Especially when they show him smiling  in still shots. Has a vacant look sometimes. He certainly has aged the last 5 years compared to how he used to look. I know he's in his 70's. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

12 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Hunter & Steph don't like him. Long time speculation is Dunn is gone the second Vince is. 

Unfortunately that will probably be the beginning of the end for WWE.  If Hunter and Steph are calling the shots, it won't take long for the company to go down the drain.

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

Unfortunately that will probably be the beginning of the end for WWE.  If Hunter and Steph are calling the shots, it won't take long for the company to go down the drain.

I dont know if I'd say that.

Hunter has been schooled intensively by Vince the last few years.  And I dont think its to actually teach him detailed business stuff, but to alleviate shareholder fears of Hunter being in charge.  He's someone with zero formal education and very limited executive job experience.  Part of the motivation behind NXT as Hunter's baby is to show real world experience.

Steph being there helps calm share holders as far as a McMahon still being on the executive team.  They are both Board members.

But behind Vince, they have a respected executive team as far as the COO and CFO.  I sort of suspect they'd advance someone to CEO who isnt Hunter.  But it would be a weird set up because you'd essentially have a CEO who answers to Hunter.  The way they'd probably do it is have Hunter as the guy in charge of everything that pertains to what you see - talent, creative, live events etc, which is essentially his job title now.

I think one of the reasons Shane came back was he saw an opportunity to be important again.  Im surprised he's only remained an on-screen character.  But I think there are issues related to his business dealings in China and WWE's business in China.  I'd expect Shane to be back on the WWE BOD eventually.  He'd likely be an asset in calming shareholder nerves as he's 1) a McMahon 2) was an EVP 3) was very well liked and respected by people that worked for him 4) negotiated some significant deals for WWE 5) ended up CEO of a Non-WWE company.

But Shane & Hunter dont like each other and thats why Shane left. 

Vince is definitely of an age where they should have a succession plan and as a publicly traded company it will come out eventually.  If he died tomorrow, suddenly, there would be issues. 

The other option is Vince selling WWE which is always a possibility. 

Business aside, Hunter probably keeps WWE creative humming along.  I'd suspect it would be better under Hunter than Vince.

39 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Business aside, Hunter probably keeps WWE creative humming along.  I'd suspect it would be better under Hunter than Vince.

Judging by the state of NXT I would have to disagree.  It's just wrestling, wrestling, and more wrestling.  No such thing as an angle.  Makes for boring TV.

3 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Judging by the state of NXT I would have to disagree.  It's just wrestling, wrestling, and more wrestling.  No such thing as an angle.  Makes for boring TV.

It was better under Ryan Ward for sure.  How it generally works is writers come up with everything and Hunter & Vince approve it or ask for changes.  So its not like Vince & Hunter are spending hours working on the finer details.  Hunter worked closer with Ward in NXT and then Ward got bumped to Smackdown.

Gabe Sopolski is now working with NXT.  Hopefully its a sign of WWE being more open to recruiting bookers rather then just hiring shitty Hollywood writers.

I don't know all the wheelings and dealing but I would hope after Vince passed WWE would be Shane's.  He's the rightful heir (7 years Steph's senior) and IMO has most, if not all the stuff you would want. Born into the business,  has put his body on the line for it,  has escaped from it to get some valuable life/business lessons beyond the company, and is generally well perceived.  I no doubt think Steph will get her stake in the company on some level, but I just feel Shane should get the keys to the empire. If he didn't want it,  THEN give it steph and trips

1 hour ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I don't know all the wheelings and dealing but I would hope after Vince passed WWE would be Shane's.  He's the rightful heir (7 years Steph's senior) and IMO has most, if not all the stuff you would want. Born into the business,  has put his body on the line for it,  has escaped from it to get some valuable life/business lessons beyond the company, and is generally well perceived.  I no doubt think Steph will get her stake in the company on some level, but I just feel Shane should get the keys to the empire. If he didn't want it,  THEN give it steph and trips

You need to step away from Game of thrones.  Other than royalty, that's not how the world works anymore.

Steph's bump was very mild.

Vince did make his decision about an heir to WWE and it was not Shane, hence why Shane abruptly quit.  Shane had been openly lobbying for a bigger hand in creative and Vince promoted Steph to that role while moving Shane to "new Media". 

Shane's problem is, the things he's really good at arent the things that people in wrestling get excited about.  And he is very good at his old job.  He made New Media something when didnt even exist.  He negotiated TV rights deals around the world.

What an interesting thing is, he was always pushing Vince to expand.  Shane wanted WWE to buy UFC when they could have got it cheap.  He wanted WWE to be more adult-like and more ECW-like (and then they did it, and launched the attitude era).  he wanted to create an Internet-only promotion that he would run that would air on WWE.com (with similar ideas to what Hunter ended up doing with NXT).

But when it comes to creative, the book on Shane is, he just isnt very good.  One thing said about Shane & Steph is that Shane always had a lot of ideas for top guys while Steph always had ideas for everyone.  Im no fan of Steph as a booker.  And I think Shane is probably the better "big picture" guy.  But Vince chose Steph and by extension, Hunter.

And once Shane was gone (and his sudden resignation was not met with happiness in the family), Vince took Hunter under his wing.  In all the ways Shane could have learned from Vince, Hunter did instead.

While WWE has not realsed an official succession plan, they've all but screamed it from the roof tops.  Hunter will run WWE.  He's EVP of all the things that directly impact what you see on Televsion.  Steph is directly responsible for "spreading the word" corporately.  And the business side of things will report to the BOD which is controled by the McMahons and will continue to be controlled by Hunter & Steph.

The only thing that could change this (besides Hunter cheating on Steph and her kicking him to the curb) is what Vince does with his shares.  I dont think he'd split them between Steph & Shane.  Even if he did, Steph & Hunter have more shares today than Shane does as Shane sold most of his.  Vince's shares are the imprtant ones - the voting shares.  If he leaves the majority to Steph/Hunter, which I assume he wil unless he comes up with some trust account deal, its theirs.

Keep in mind, currently, Shane doesnt even work for WWE corporate.  He's an in-screen character.  Thats it.  To be in line for a seat at the table, he'd have to get a job with WWE at an EVP level, get a seat on the BOD and start accumulating WWE shares.  None of that has happened.