Wrestling

Rich

12 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

So what is Kurt Angle's secret?

gay?  Love child?  Continuation of his angle with steph?  Sleeping with Dixie carter?  

Corey Graves got another mysterious text message and went backstage. Angle asked if Graves got the same text message that he did. Angle said he can't let this get out because it could destroy him. Then again, he said he may have to go public over this even if it means losing his family and his career. Angle said he's going to go public next week, even if it could destroy him. Graes said so many people love Angle, he has all the confidence in the world that Angle will be OK. Graves didn't have very much faith in his voice when he said that. 

Backstage, Angle was on the phone with someone. Angle told the person "I totally understand. Stop thinkig that way. Why don't you come here next week and we'll both do it together? Neither one of us have anything to be ashamed of. I'm proud of you and I hope you feel the same way about me. So why don't you come here next week and we'll tell the whole world together. And whatever happens, happens. I love you." Angle had a grim look on his face as he hung up.

I'm starting to think Angle is coming out of the closet. Breaking down that above bolded dialog, it's someone who hasn't,  or wasn't on Raw. I read somewhere Adam Cole is set to join WWE pretty soon.  Wonder if he plays up the angle with Angle. 

3 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I'm starting to think Angle is coming out of the closet. Breaking down that above bolded dialog, it's someone who hasn't,  or wasn't on Raw. I read somewhere Adam Cole is set to join WWE pretty soon.  Wonder if he plays up the angle with Angle. 

Thats another major theory but I dont see it.  if hey did a gay angle the story wouldnt be that it would ruin his life and career.  Plus, Kurt Angle is a pretty big deal so having him play a gay character would be tough to accept, although it would be interesting.

Seems a lot of people think Bayley will be his love child.  Which is weird.

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Thats another major theory but I dont see it.  if hey did a gay angle the story wouldnt be that it would ruin his life and career.  Plus, Kurt Angle is a pretty big deal so having him play a gay character would be tough to accept, although it would be interesting.

Seems a lot of people think Bayley will be his love child.  Which is weird.

the reason I'd dismiss the bayley angle is because she was on Raw, and is on Raw every week,  so for Angle to say "Why don't you come here next week"  doesn't make any sense.

IMO the gay angle works because there is still a certain stigma out there that being gay is a bad thing, which a lot of people are trying to break the barriers on. I can see Angle saying what he did as a point of relation people can take out there, and why many still choose to remain in the closet.

The WWE is big on these social stigma campaigns, and I could see them using this angle as way to promote that being gay is ok. I realize Angle is pretty big,  and maybe that's why they are using him as a poster child if you will.

Everything about that convo says it's a coming out party, The question is with who.

10 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I don't trust WWE to handle a gay Angle angle appropriately.  I really hope that's not the case.

I agree.  Its too out of their wheel house.  If they wanted to do a gay angle, Kurt is the wrong guy to do it with since he's a celebrity outside of wrestling.  Unless he was insisting (because as an Olympic medal winner he could have a positive influence on people) it makes more sense to do it with a newer worker.  And if you're going to do it, why not do it with a gay wrestler?

As an aside, the original plan for Brock Lesnar was that he was going to be gay.

40 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I agree.  Its too out of their wheel house.  If they wanted to do a gay angle, Kurt is the wrong guy to do it with since he's a celebrity outside of wrestling.  Unless he was insisting (because as an Olympic medal winner he could have a positive influence on people) it makes more sense to do it with a newer worker.  And if you're going to do it, why not do it with a gay wrestler?

As an aside, the original plan for Brock Lesnar was that he was going to be gay.

I dunno if a newer or actual gay wrestler would have the same impact.  When Darren Young came out a few years back it was like acknowledged for about a week then quickly swept under the rug.

If it's all for ratings/awareness/story and let's say it is Adam Cole, the way I'd draw it up is Him and Angle come out everyone's behind them, good times,  good spotlight on the subject then sometime down the road Cole turns on Angle and says it was all a lie to get himself in the door/futher his career. 

If it's all kayfabe,  I don't really see the harm it would have to Angles rep. it's not like he hasn't kind of been put in compromising positions in the past

Image result for kurt angle tiny cowboy hat

Im not saying I'd be concerned with hurting his rep.  This is acting. He can do whatever he wants.  My point is that its tougher to buy into when everyone knows his real life.   The argument to my point is that they do the same thing in Hollywood all the time.  But in wrestling, you play yourself playing a character.  I just dont think WWE will do it.

A former WWE writer has posted that its an awful storyline.

2 minutes ago, Atomic said:

The thing is, this angle has to go somewhere and we all believe we're heading for Angle vs HHH, right?  If the story is "Angle is gay", what do you even do with that?  It's like... ok he's gay.  Are we going to have a homophobic heel wrestler try to fight him?

well if there is a new wrestler who is the mystery person, it can be written up he's using angle to rise up (maybe even undeservingly) faster then others. Once he gets to where he needs to be in the story he turns on angle.  I do get they may want to do a HHH vs Angle  somewhere down the line. Maybe at some point HHH tries to cut off Angle's "lover" and angle takes exceptional offense.

I agree it's not a great story line, but when has WWE really had a strong story in recent memory?  Only reason I don't like the Steph/Angle/HHH love triangle thing is because once the story is done which would be sooner than later how do people forget it like nothing happened?

Just now, Taynted_Fayth said:

well if there is a new wrestler who is the mystery person, it can be written up he's using angle to rise up (maybe even undeservingly) faster then others. Once he gets to where he needs to be in the story he turns on angle.  I do get they may want to do a HHH vs Angle  somewhere down the line. Maybe at some point HHH tries to cut off Angle's "lover" and angle takes exceptional offense.

I agree it's not a great story line, but when has WWE really had a strong story in recent memory?  Only reason I don't like the Steph/Angle/HHH love triangle thing is because once the story is done which would be sooner than later how do people forget it like nothing happened?

The only reason I'd speculate it being a revival of Angle/Steph in some way is because 1) that was a great angle with a terrible conclusion that is often called the worst wasted opportunity in wrestling history 2) there has been speculation of Angle vs Hunter and if you go there how can you not revisit the original? 3) they did that sort of knowing meeting between Angle/Steph when he came back.

Fans clearly remember (or know) there was a Steph/Angle angle.  But knowing Steph is unlikely to do anything on screen her kids wont like, I dont see it.  And Hunter is far too fragile to allow it.  There is a better chance of an Angle/Cole live sex celebration on RAW then Hunter's wife leaving him.  But I dont think thats it either.

They never got to fully pay off the Vince bastard child angle so maybe they want to redo it with Angle in the Vince role.

3 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Unconfirmed "scoop" is Jason Jordan is his love child.

Hmm interesting perspective because Gable has been getting singles matches.  Also wouldn't be the first instance of Angle/American Alpha speculation.

I supposed I could live with that story, though WWE has a penchant for dropping a deuce when it comes to child stories.

The thing I wonder though,  is Jordan is 28 turning 29 in 2 months, so the affair would have taken place in 1988 - steph would have been 12 at that time. Neither her nor Angle were married at that time (Angle was married from 98-2008, and currently since 2012) so I don't see how this could be all the things said to date like it would make Angle a disgrace and embarrassment to the WWE, it could ruin his family and job..etc

I realize its acting and kayfabe, but I would have gone with a younger wrestler just to match up some of the dates

2 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I supposed I could live with that story, though WWE has a penchant for dropping a deuce when it comes to child stories.

The thing I wonder though,  is Jordan is 28 turning 29 in 2 months, so the affair would have taken place in 1988 - steph would have been 12 at that time. Neither her nor Angle were married at that time (Angle was married from 98-2008, and currently since 2012) so I don't see how this could be all the things said to date like it would make Angle a disgrace and embarrassment to the WWE, it could ruin his family and job..etc

I realize its acting and kayfabe, but I would have gone with a younger wrestler just to match up some of the dates

That's the problem you see?  I don't think anyone is saying Steph is the mother considering White Woman + White Man does not equal Jason Jordan.

1 minute ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

If its Jason, or if its anyone really, then it wouldnt involve Steph.  The Steph angle was 16 years ago or so, thus, they cant have a love child (plus, Hunter would have noticed if his wife was pregnant).

I think the idea would be he fathered a child and supported him secretly all these years.  It impacts his career because he's a WWE wrestler. I guess...I dont know.

Its probably nothing we've speculated on. lol

1 minute ago, Atomic said:

That's the problem you see?  I don't think anyone is saying Steph is the mother considering White Woman + White Man does not equal Jason Jordan.

lol actually I was going to mention as my first point earlier that Jordan would need a black mom but that slipped my mind as I came back to posting a little bit later

Graves has to be involved somehow... I dont think its a gay story... Just doesnt fit Kurt.. We all know he isnt gay.. So.. Its probably Steph or Dixie... It has to be. Nothing else makes sense altho since when was making sense a big thing in WWE. Maybe hes Vince Mcmahons son tho and he was talking to Vince on the phone... But being in Nashville definitely makes me think Dixie is involved. 

Edited by Goalie

3 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I really really cannot see WWE thinking Dixie is important enough to use in that angle.  And since she screwed them on the TNA sale, what motive would they have to bring her in?  She wasnt a good performer like Bisch.

She was on the angle wwe 24 thing last night. 

Steph cheated on HHH and her first born is actually Kurts... Or Angle is Vinces kid... One of the 2... Both lead to HHH vs Angle eventually. I dont see how him fathering a wrestler leads to hhh vs Angle

Edited by Goalie

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

She was on the angle wwe 24 thing last night. 

Steph cheated on HHH and her first born is actually Kurts... Or Angle is Vinces kid... One of the 2... Both lead to HHH vs Angle eventually. I dont see how him fathering a wrestler leads to hhh vs Angle

I think the only way Angle being Vince's kid leads to a HHH/Angle match is a struggle for power as the heir to the company (it would make Kurt Vince's eldest son by 1 year over Shane) but I don't really see how that translates to a fight in the ring.  Only an affair with Steph period, it is the thing that I can see fueling that fire for a match

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

14 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Waiting to see where they go with it.

probably gonna be a lot of "wah wah daddy wasn't there. gimme a title shot." in which Angle caves over and over again.

Maybe they will write it up as other wrestlers get fed up go to HHH, who tries to put a stop to it and it causes tension between Angle and HHH leading to a match, but with Summerslam just over a month away this would likely take a few months to build for the Royal Rumble (earliest)