Wrestling

Rich

12 hours ago, Brandon said:

Clearly really stupid,  they have given a tonne of white guys/girls absolutely terrible gimmicks/angles as well.  

Off the top of my head Beaver Cleavage, Eugene, Bastion Booger, Hawk being a drunk, Billy and Chuck, Lita/Kane, Trish barking like a dog.... so many more.   

Ofcourse but the white gimmicks aren’t usually predicated on racist stereotypes. 

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Ofcourse but the white gimmicks aren’t usually predicated on racist stereotypes. 

Well they made a double racist gimmick with Chavo wanting to be white... insulting both the Latino and white community. 

I guess Million Dollar Man also is a double racist with making white people look like slave owners and then also have Virgil almost like a slave. 

WWE stock drops pretty significantly.

Third Quarter 2019 Highlights

• Revenues were $186.3 million as compared to $188.4 million in the prior year quarter
  • Operating income was $6.4 million; Adjusted OIBDA1 was $25.4 million, which exceeded the Company’s guidance
  • SmackDown debuted on Fox (Friday, Oct. 4) and averaged 3.9 million viewers during the premier telecast, up 221% versus the same time slot over the prior four weeks on Fox (9/6-9/27)2
  • Announced content distribution deal with USA Network to air NXT, expanding the reach of the new live, 2-hour show to further build WWE’s third global brand alongside Raw and SmackDown
  • WWE Network averaged 1.51 million paid subscribers3, consistent with the Company’s guidance
  • Through the first nine months of 2019, digital video views increased 12% on a year-over-year basis to 25.6 billion and hours consumed increased 14% to 957 million hours across digital and social platform

On 2019-10-30 at 8:08 AM, Brandon said:

Well they made a double racist gimmick with Chavo wanting to be white... insulting both the Latino and white community. 

I guess Million Dollar Man also is a double racist with making white people look like slave owners and then also have Virgil almost like a slave. 

They also used racial bias with Eddie & Chavo's Latino Heat theme. They lie, they cheat, they steal!

Other reports are an issue with the plane.  

Edit: word is 20 people, 12 of whom are talent, were able to fly out.  The rest are back in their hotel.  Brock has flown in on his own jet (and picked up Hogan & Flair who had flight issues in Iceland) so not sure if he counts among that.  They certainly have enough talent to do SD tonight but it’s not an ideal situation. 

Edited by The Unknown Poster

26 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Other reports are an issue with the plane.  

Edit: word is 20 people, 12 of whom are talent, were able to fly out.  The rest are back in their hotel.  Brock has flown in on his own jet (and picked up Hogan & Flair who had flight issues in Iceland) so not sure if he counts among that.  They certainly have enough talent to do SD tonight but it’s not an ideal situation. 

Could that be the end of WWE shows in Saudi Arabia? Probably not as $$$ talks.

44 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

For the sake of human rights, this deal should never have been signed. I think a lot of wrestling fans would be happy to see it end. 

We'll have to see if it really was mechanical issues or something else.  There is talk Saudi's haven't paid WWE what they're owed yet either.  And the first (or second) show did result in a lot of Network cancellations.  The Saudi's also have been a pain in scheduling as WWE had the show booked a few weeks ago and cleared several days on either side and then Saudi moved the date.  They actually wanted it today (as Friday is their weekend) but due to SD, it had to be Thursday with the small window to get home.

But it's a big big money deal...assuming WWE gets paid.

9 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

We'll have to see if it really was mechanical issues or something else.  There is talk Saudi's haven't paid WWE what they're owed yet either.  And the first (or second) show did result in a lot of Network cancellations.  The Saudi's also have been a pain in scheduling as WWE had the show booked a few weeks ago and cleared several days on either side and then Saudi moved the date.  They actually wanted it today (as Friday is their weekend) but due to SD, it had to be Thursday with the small window to get home.

But it's a big big money deal...assuming WWE gets paid.

I'm sure Fox is happy. 

9 minutes ago, JCon said:

I hope they took advantage of the opportunity to really write something fresh?

Everyone knows what happened due to social media, so why not have NXT take over! Let Brock fight everyone off. Stake a claim on SD. 

I haven’t watched yet but read a run down.  Surprised they didn’t have a Brock/Riddle segment.  But it sounds really fun.  Figured the best booking is when they are forced to wing it. Lol 

Big grain of salt but the rumours floating around:

- WWE was not paid for the last Saudi show or this one (this makes sense as they noted a $60 million accounts receivable in the Middle East on their earnings conference call this last Thursday)

- Vince apparently got hot about it and either did cut or threatened to cut the feed of the show in Saudi Arabia.  It sounds like the show aired on tape delay an hour late but conflicting reports that it was expected or unexpected.  

- Saudi retaliated by ordering the plane carrying the majority of talent held on the tarmac for six hours and then forcing them off. 

- It was a scary situation for the talent and many could have some trauma from the experience. 

- talent is hot at Vince and lost respect for him.  

again, grain of salt.  The above was “heard” from various sources but it could be a circular rumour.  If it’s true....wow. 

NXT guys backstage at RAW so might be a fun show tonight.  I suspect they'll do something to juice the NXT show on Wednesday as they very badly want to beat AEW.

There was a team meeting this afternoon, reportedly, management insisted the Saudi delay was simply a mechanical issue with the aircraft.  Seth addressed the group telling them to unite and keep speculation off social media.  Reportedly, this was awkward.  

AJ Styles gave an interview, yesterday I believe, where he said the issues were "paperwork" with the plane and by the time it was sorted out, the pilots were timed out of working and then they had to re-fuel but the only guy in the city able to gas up the plane had gone home.  Uh huh

WWE also today announced they are expanding their relationship with Saudi Arabia to include two events per year...even though it already includes two events per year.  Again, uh huh.  I hope the talent that swore they'd never go back stick to that.