Random News Items

Rich

On 10/8/2017 at 10:46 PM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Miami Dolphins investigating incriminating video of Chris Foerster

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article177797986.html

The video is kinda disturbing.  This is a man going through a lot of issues.... cocaine abuse is likely just one small part.  Hopefully he can get the help he needs.

On 10/7/2017 at 5:18 PM, Mark F said:

our good friend the US  used planes to  spray wpg, and Alberta with poison in the fifties.

makes you wonder about the people who worry about chem trails. maybe they're not nuts.

http://nationalpost.com/news/canada/u-s-secretly-tested-carcinogen-in-western-canada-during-the-cold-war-researcher-discovers

so hypothetically speaking, shouldn't canada sue the americans for some of the costs of cancer care?  Did they approve this move knowing it was full of carcinogens? 

And this unfortunate local news story has been updated: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/pedestrian-cody-severight-dies-1.4349125

An off-duty Winnipeg police officer arrested after 23-year-old Cody Severight was hit and killed by a vehicle on Tuesday was allegedly driving impaired, according to investigators.

The officer drove away from the scene and was later located more than seven kilometres away, says a news release from the Independent Investigation Unit of Manitoba.

"The officer was arrested on allegations of impaired driving causing death and failure to stop and remain at the scene of an accident," says the release issued Wednesday.

The crash happened around 8 p.m. Tuesday near the corner of Main Street and Sutherland Avenue, but the Winnipeg Police Service has said little about it, other than that an officer was arrested.

The northbound lanes of Main Street remain blocked from Higgins Avenue to Jarvis Avenue with the focus of the investigation close to the Sutherland Hotel, which is surrounded by yellow police tape.

The officer was arrested at Main Street and Red River Boulevard, not far from the city's northern limit.

Gotta wonder how impaired the off duty officer was. Yikes.

7 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Man, those Affleck brothers...

At least Ben owned it quickly.  The problem is, he likely knew about HW's behavior and had some of his own.  But if he says nothing, its conspicuous.  So he does and gets called out.  But he apologized.  I mean...there's probably a lot of guys re-examining their behavior today

Just now, The Unknown Poster said:

At least Ben owned it quickly.  The problem is, he likely knew about HW's behavior and had some of his own.  But if he says nothing, its conspicuous.  So he does and gets called out.  But he apologized.  I mean...there's probably a lot of guys re-examining their behavior today

Well if u pick on Ben then u pick on Brad Pitt.

Just now, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Well if u pick on Ben then u pick on Brad Pitt.

I dont get the reference....?  Because Pitt knew about the behavior towards Paltrow?  or that he also acted inappropriately?  Without knowing what Pitt knew, he stood up for his girlfriend as most of us would do and likely considered it a dead subject at that point.

Just now, The Unknown Poster said:

I dont get the reference....?  Because Pitt knew about the behavior towards Paltrow?  or that he also acted inappropriately?  Without knowing what Pitt knew, he stood up for his girlfriend as most of us would do and likely considered it a dead subject at that point.

I think its that Brad didnt make it public.

Just now, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I think its that Brad didnt make it public.

Well....the heat on him would be if he knew this was a common occurrence and he simply said "dont do it to MY girlfriend".  But we dont know if he knew.  If he thought it was just about his girlfriend, then he did what most guys would do.  And I think most guys would treat it as an isolated thing and move on.

The problem is, with hindsight, so many people look bad.  And they deserve to wear that.  But there was probably a lot of men too, that were fearful of reprisal from a VERY powerful figure, so they look the other way, or have "private" conversations where they tell him to knock it off.

For example, Rose McGowen claims that after her settlement with HW, Affleck was surprised and said he told Harvey to stop doing that.  Which tell us 1) Ben knew 2) he thought HE could make Harvey stop 3) he thought Harvey stopped 4) he knew he didnt stop. 

The people that really didnt give a **** were the ones at the top of Miramax and The Weinstein Company.  Clearly they all knew and they let it keep happening to protect/preserve their pal/brother and their company.  They fired him because it became public, not because he did it.

8 hours ago, SPuDS said:

so hypothetically speaking, shouldn't canada sue the americans for some of the costs of cancer care?  Did they approve this move knowing it was full of carcinogens? 

The maps that show where the radiation from above ground tests in Nevada and Utah in the fifties and sixties fell, (ie who was exposed,  how much their dose was) all end at the Canadian border.

Edited by Mark F

16 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Ridiculous.

From Merriam-Webster:

chief: noun

- the head of a body of persons or an organization

origin and etymology of chief: Middle English, from Anglo-French chief, chef head, chief, from Latin caput head; first known use: 15th century.

synonyms: boss, captain, leader, foreman, master, kingpin, honcho

Completely ridiculous.

3 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I have no idea what this is about but it sounds intriguing 

US embassy staff have been suffering hearing loss, migraines and other head injuries from a phantom "sound" or "attack" being executed against them.   Nobody seems to understand whats going on but they have found people suffering from serious, debilitating injuries and cannot figure out what the cause is.  

this is, I assume anyway, the first sign of evidence of it happening .

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2017/10/13/lottery-nightmare-ex-girlfriend-wants-a-piece-of-6-million-lotto-649-win

I don't understand why a girlfriend/boyfriend should be entitled to half of the winnings.   I understand when people get divorced or living common law and when seeking spousal support since over a long period of time you build and shape your life around combined earnings.    I don't think it's right that in this case why the lady should get 3 million because they had dreams of buying muscle cars?   

23 minutes ago, Brandon said:

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2017/10/13/lottery-nightmare-ex-girlfriend-wants-a-piece-of-6-million-lotto-649-win

I don't understand why a girlfriend/boyfriend should be entitled to half of the winnings.   I understand when people get divorced or living common law and when seeking spousal support since over a long period of time you build and shape your life around combined earnings.    I don't think it's right that in this case why the lady should get 3 million because they had dreams of buying muscle cars?   

Denise Robertson, 46, who has gone to court in an attempt win what she believes is her share of the massive jackpot her longtime live-in boyfriend, Maurice Thibeault, won Sept. 20 – before moving out without telling her about it.

They were common-law.  Thus, she deserves a cut.  His actions in keeping in quiet and moving out without telling her could be construed as a conscious acknowledgement that she was entitled to half.  He's going to lose this one.  And I think he should.  If the roles were reversed, he'd feel the same way.  Split it with her and be done with it.  Why give your money to lawyers?