Random News Items

Rich

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

"On Monday, a Bahamian doctor filed an affidavit stating that the 77-year-old was unable to travel to the Bahamas due to poor health. According to the affidavit, Nygard flew to Winnipeg on Friday, but upon landing felt very dizzy and thought he was having a stroke."

I guess those stem cell treatments aren't working out as great as he claimed they were...

2 minutes ago, nate007 said:

"On Monday, a Bahamian doctor filed an affidavit stating that the 77-year-old was unable to travel to the Bahamas due to poor health. According to the affidavit, Nygard flew to Winnipeg on Friday, but upon landing felt very dizzy and thought he was having a stroke."

I guess those stem cell treatments aren't working out as great as he claimed they were...

He looks younger ;)

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

#cityofcrime

This place survived the last shooting. Now this is twice.

Based on the thread in reddit it either looked like 2 sketchy guys walked in and shot up two people  or the two sketchy people walked in and shot each other....   either way maybe they should closer earlier in the night...

18 hours ago, Brandon said:

Based on the thread in reddit it either looked like 2 sketchy guys walked in and shot up two people  or the two sketchy people walked in and shot each other....   either way maybe they should closer earlier in the night...

I dont often end up out at the wee hours of the morning anymore, but those places used to be very very well in the post-bar rush.  

When I worked bars, we always had our regular hang out (usually Perkins) and would often assist the staff in dealing with issues.  We often complained to management that they had 2-4 staff, almost always women, working these over-night shifts and it was unsafe.  But they always had the regular bar staff to act as unpaid security.  

In recent years it went from drunks to gang members so maybe its not worth being open.  The cops were quick to point out that there was no danger to the public so these guys shot each other (or it was a contained gang on gang situation).  Still, next time you're in that area at 3 am are you going there?  Not likely.

46 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I dont often end up out at the wee hours of the morning anymore, but those places used to be very very well in the post-bar rush.  

When I worked bars, we always had our regular hang out (usually Perkins) and would often assist the staff in dealing with issues.  We often complained to management that they had 2-4 staff, almost always women, working these over-night shifts and it was unsafe.  But they always had the regular bar staff to act as unpaid security.  

In recent years it went from drunks to gang members so maybe its not worth being open.  The cops were quick to point out that there was no danger to the public so these guys shot each other (or it was a contained gang on gang situation).  Still, next time you're in that area at 3 am are you going there?  Not likely.

Back in the day, I saw a bouncer brawl or two at Perkins'.