Game 64 : Canadiens @ Air Force One

2 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Scheif bringing back memories of Dale Hawerchuk in his prime.  Talk about dominant out there tonight!

Scheif is my favorite Jet but let's not get carried away now. I'd be happy if Scheifele turned out as good as Hawerchuk in his rookie year.

Scheif has been dominating tho. He's very good. Different eras tho. 

As for fancy stats with Stuart.... his numbers were pretty good with Stuart 2. Not sure if you realize how much of an anchor Stuart is. 

Trouba has been good. Points aren't all that matters to d men. 

I feel like you are just remembering his first 10 games or so cuz he's been good since 

Edited by Goalie

More like his first 25-30 but who's counting? I like Trouba and don't want to see him leave but I am torn between long term and a bridge.

Take a look at Trouba's numbers with Stuart, not impressive to say the least and I know exactly how much an anchor he is....why do you think Trouba's numbers nosedive when he is paired with him.....

Both Buff's and Trouba's numbers go up when paired with each other.

You're right about different eras but no comparison between the two yet.....didn't Hawerchuk get over 100 points his rookie year and hold the record until Selanne beat it? Hawerchuk wasn't only dominant, he pulled the whole team with him.

4 hours ago, Ducky said:

More like his first 25-30 but who's counting? I like Trouba and don't want to see him leave but I am torn between long term and a bridge.

Take a look at Trouba's numbers with Stuart, not impressive to say the least and I know exactly how much an anchor he is....why do you think Trouba's numbers nosedive when he is paired with him.....

You're right about different eras but no comparison between the two yet.....didn't Hawerchuk get over 100 points his rookie year and hold the record until Selanne beat it? Hawerchuk wasn't only dominant, he pulled the whole team with him.

103. But that was an era where everyone did. Also it's not like his rookie year was a low year and he got better and better. That was around average for his career 

hard to compare eras. The one game I don't bother recording. 

10 hours ago, Ducky said:

Yeesh. All I said was he was bringing back memories, not that he IS Dale Hawerchuk reincarnated. I thought it appropriate as it was Hawerchuk who told the Jets to go off the board and grab Schiefle early.  As for a team leader, I think we are watching Schiefle make a case for future captain. He is really coming into his own now.

Hawerchuk has something to do with Lemieux as well doesn't he?

Scheif really making a case for world cup...  and for permanent 1st line Centre

Dano looking better, gets to the front of the net and stays there...  Lowry and Armia great PK team

11 hours ago, Ducky said:

100 points as an 18 year old rookie.

Then there's the Shane Doan thing about being the all time leading score in AZ Coyotes history.. It took the guy over 20 years to do it... I think Hawerchuk did it in 8 Jets seasons before leaving for either Buffalo or Philly.

Doan is a very good hockey player. He has to be to be able to play as long as he has in the NHL but in no way possible is he better than Hawerchuk, Dale is a Jet. Not a frigging Coyote. Same with Bobby Hull, Anders Heberg & others that played in the WHA. I hate that all the former Jets 1.0 records all belong to the Coyotes.

The NHL should have worked out an agreement that everything prior to 1996 belongs to the new Jets & simply retire the Thrashers records... They are still relevant but only belong to Atlanta. Everything in AZ should belong to them after 1996. Doing it that way then those records are still ours.

Just imagine the outcry if Jim Brown's rushing records belonged to the Baltimore Ravens? That just wouldn't be right. NFL did it the right way giving all the old time Browns records back to the team when it came back to Cleveland. Wished that would have happened here.

Edited by iso_55