Bo Levi Mitchell Starter the rest of the year

Jpan85

Drew Tate starting qb for the first 2 games of the Blue Bombers in 2014....

Don't even joke about that.

Easiest quick fix 2.0 ....

If Tate becomes available due to his injury history it will be really hard not to bite unless Goltz/Hall show enough through the rest of the season for the team to decide to move forward with them.

What other options do we have?

If Tate becomes available due to his injury history it will be really hard not to bite unless Goltz/Hall show enough through the rest of the season for the team to decide to move forward with them.

Re-read that again and tell me that it doesn't sound ridiculous.

I

Injury History != Injury Future

Tate when heathy has been superb... if he gets released and Goltz/Hall fall apart from this point forward (to the extent that the team doesn't feel like they can be the answer) it will be hard for whomever ends up our GM to not bite.

We NEED a QB, sure Tate may be Pierce 2.0... but at least when he's hurt he is completely out and not grabbing all the first team reps all week instead of who is actually going to play.

I actually don't think his injuries are particularily concerning - The dislocated shoulder thing can happen, he had surgery on it right away (which is smart, instead of trying to play through the injury and causing permanent damage).  Then he breaks his forearm... completely unrelated and sounds a little unlucky.  Who breaks a forearm?! (other than Glenn)

This year it seems to me that his forearm injury might be related to him overtraining in an attempt to rehab after his previous injury (they've called it like Tennis elbow, which is essentially overuse)

If he comes back and is quickly injured on another part of his body then I'll admit that he is probably not ever going to be reliable... at this point it seems to me that he has had two injuries and overtrained to rehab the second.

I

Injury History != Injury Future

Tate when heathy has been superb... if he gets released and Goltz/Hall fall apart from this point forward (to the extent that the team doesn't feel like they can be the answer) it will be hard for whomever ends up our GM to not bite.

We NEED a QB, sure Tate may be Pierce 2.0... but at least when he's hurt he is completely out and not grabbing all the first team reps all week instead of who is actually going to play.

I actually don't think his injuries are particularily concerning - The dislocated shoulder thing can happen, he had surgery on it right away (which is smart, instead of trying to play through the injury and causing permanent damage).  Then he breaks his forearm... completely unrelated and sounds a little unlucky.  Who breaks a forearm?! (other than Glenn)

This year it seems to me that his forearm injury might be related to him overtraining in an attempt to rehab after his previous injury (they've called it like Tennis elbow, which is essentially overuse)

If he comes back and is quickly injured on another part of his body then I'll admit that he is probably not ever going to be reliable... at this point it seems to me that he has had two injuries and overtrained to rehab the second.

Injuries "can happen" to anyone, but this just seems like he is heading down the exact same path as we've come to be familiar with.  If injuries weren't a part of it, Tate is a very good QB, but he has also been behind one of the better lines in his time with the Stamps.  I don't think he would be as successful here without that kind of caliber to play behind. 

Then when you bring in the injury factor, well how can we even consider taking a risk going in that direction again?  Tate may be a good athlete and train well, but so did Jesse Lumsden. A good a player, but couldn't stay healthy enough to be consistent.

Drew Tate was named the Stamps starter for the Oct 21, 2011 game against Saskatchewan. Tonight's game against the Eskimos will be the 31st regular season game the Stamps have played (including the Oct 21 2011 game). Drew Tate has started 8 games and been injured for almost all of the other 23 games. 

I'm not saying Tate is the answer.... Just saying that this city won't want another year of rebuild and Tate would be the only guy who could immediately jump in and perform.

If not him then Glenn

Yeah but how long do we have to wait for his body to rebuild?

I'm not saying Tate is the answer.... Just saying that this city won't want another year of rebuild and Tate would be the only guy who could immediately jump in and perform.

If not him then Glenn

This is the same stupid reasoning people used to bring in Buck Pierce. 

Have people learned nothing in the last four years?

If not him then Glenn

Yeah but how long do we have to wait for his body to rebuild?

Drew Tate is the high end Italian sportscar of the CFL. Amazing performance when its working, but you don't want to be relying upon it on a daily basis, since its going to spend more time in the shop than on the road. If you buy it, you also need a second car (QB) around ready to go. I would pass.