Buck Pierce to be named QB coach

Blueballz

16 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Not automatically. But its certainly not a good indicator. Not alot of teams run around trying to sign retired bad qbs to coach.

I think you should read the wikipedia pages for all the current and recent CFL coaches and then come back and update this entry. 

You can also try the NFL and see how many coaches there were at least college level QB's . 

Edited by Fan Boy
I had another thought.

20 hours ago, Blueballz said:

Oops...trying to reply and didn't work.

Anyways...thing is Buck was actually a good QB.

He really wasnt. He was a good leader and an awful qb. He made kerwin bell look like warren moon.

Qb is certainly the hot position to draw coaches from. And plenty of them werent stars. Bucks seems great for a position coach. I just hope he can coach qb better then he could play.  People are iffy on khari jones at OC despite calling the plays in very successful and diverse offenses. 

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

He really wasnt. He was a good leader and an awful qb. He made kerwin bell look like warren moon.

Qb is certainly the hot position to draw coaches from. And plenty of them werent stars. Bucks seems great for a position coach. I just hope he can coach qb better then he could play.  People are iffy on khari jones at OC despite calling the plays in very successful and diverse offenses. 

To say Buck wasn't a good QB is just utter nonsense.

58 minutes ago, Noeller said:

It's selective memory. Remembering the last year and forgetting his BC time and early Bombers time which was really really good. 

His best year in blue was his 2nd year only played 5 games first year. That year he threw 4 more pics then tds averaged 200 yards a game with 2 less tds then games played. Thats nealon green with out the running. 

His best year in bc he had a good td to int ratio but still just a shade over 1td per game and even less yards per game. 19 tds 9 ints and 6 fumbles with under 200 yards a game isnt the career best year of a qb who was any more then average as a starter. He was a gifted leader on the field but a poor qb.