Game 37 : Jets v2 @ Jets v1

KBF now reporting live from Glendale.  Tried to get into the Yard House but it was packed with Jets fans so went elsewhere. More Manitoba plates in the parking lot then Arizona plates. Jets jerseys out numbering Coyotes 3-1. I  wonder what it's like here when the Coyotes play Florida or Columbus? 

Reffing was bad but jets have a reputation for taking dumb penalties so they get no benefit. Here's a head scratcher tho. Thorburn on the ice on the 6 on 5. Ladd takes dumb penalty... rewarded by being reunited with little and wheeler. Myers dumb penalty.  Plays his next shift. Sorry but that is poor coaching 

KBF now reporting live after the game. What a let down for the thousands that made the trip.  Ladd just pisses me off. What a dumbass.  The Jets just find new ways to beat themselves. As I explained to a Coyote fan, I  have spent 40 years watching the Jets and the only thing that surprised me was that both teams didn't find a way to lose.

At least we got a decent game. The Coyotes really are pretty brutal.  But they do work pretty hard.  Too many mental errors for the Jets. Argh 

Maurice on the game...

"That was a difficult loss for us and it should be because we just dominated most of the game and couldn’t figure out the puzzle. You can’t touch them and you can’t dive and we couldn’t figure that out.

"I’m going to try and come up with a solution here in the next 24 hours because we somehow are expecting things to change every night. I don’t know if they’re looking for fairness or what the hell they expect is going to happen on the ice, but we’ve seen it enough. You can’t take the penalties that we took. You just can’t. You can b*itch about the calls all you want, but if you’re sitting there expecting consistency or quality, you’re not coming to any of the games we play. We took those penalties. Ehlers dove on his... we got the call, that’s the call. If you expect them to go the other way then you haven’t been in the league long enough and we can’t figure that out.

"We took the penalties. We lost the game. We were far better than they were for most of the night. That’s the National Hockey League. That’s probably enough for you, you guys can chew on that for a couple of days."

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

The leaders on the team.... Buff Ladd Stuart Thorburn are all repeat offenders in the dumb penalty dept. Can't find the tweet but all 4 lead the team in penalties. Believe it or not but buff has taken the most.... when your apparent leaders keep taking penalties with no consequences.... this is what happens. Time to back up the dump truck and remove some Atlanta trash 

35 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

In a way I don't want Helle to stand on his head every night and make Chevy think this team is better than it is.  Jets management relies on hope and good wishes and fairy dust too much. 

I think they do realize that the team isn't as good as they maybe thought. Reality I think I'd without helle... we probably don't beat Pitt or Detroit or really... any of our recent wins except maybe the ranger game where they actually scored a bunch