Game 37 : Jets v2 @ Jets v1

Said it before this team started heading for the basement...There is something dreadfully wrong with this club behind the scenes and the gm better figure it out...Make a move...do something before this season is a write off...And I thought the Bombers were slow in the management dept. ...Signed royally peed off.

Goaltending (Pavs and Hutch)  AND special teams have been major disappointments this year. Helle plays as well as he has and we are in though. He has a .636 winning percentage.

The goaltender is THE biggest part of your PK.

Edited by Ducky

I don't because he's not the one taking penalties. Not sure why it's such a difficult concept to grasp. Yeah he's important but we have lost games with helle playing where the other team has scored multiple pp goalie against us. Saying helle makes a difference is just making excuses for the guys taking the dumb penalties. Worst pk in the league. You can have the best goalie in the league but if you are short handed 4 5 6 times a game... you aren't winning many. I mean really this team leads the league in penalties. I hope Chevy don't think that cuz this team has issues and it's discipline related. The goalie can only stop so many. 30 coaches wouldn't agree... 30 coaches would say the players in front of the goalie needs to stop taking penalties. Funny. The Arizona thread where we dominated and lost cuz... they scored 2 pp goals. Who played again? Helle. Yup. 

Edited by Goalie

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

I don't because he's not the one taking penalties. Not sure why it's such a difficult concept to grasp. Yeah he's important but we have lost games with helle playing where the other team has scored multiple pp goalie against us. Saying helle makes a difference is just making excuses for the guys taking the dumb penalties. Worst pk in the league. You can have the best goalie in the league but if you are short handed 4 5 6 times a game... you aren't winning many. I mean really this team leads the league in penalties. I hope Chevy don't think that cuz this team has issues and it's discipline related. The goalie can only stop so many. 30 coaches wouldn't agree... 30 coaches would say the players in front of the goalie needs to stop taking penalties. Funny. The Arizona thread where we dominated and lost cuz... they scored 2 pp goals. Who played again? Helle. Yup. 

I didn't say we shouldn't stop taking penalties....you are saying I said something I didn't. If you played goal, why are you having trouble grasping the concept that the goalie is the most important PKer? I know they shouldn't be taking that many penalties but we are talking penalty killers.

Why point out the game against only Arizona? He's played 12 games and won 8 of them...a .667 winning percentage. That'd get you close to 110 points in a season.

On 1/3/2016 at 0:40 AM, Goalie said:

I thought I would look it up and last year after 39 games, the Jets were on the PK 6 more times than this year. Difference was our PK was MUCH better.