Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
The Unknown Poster

Arrest Warrant Issued for Bill Cosby - Sexual Assault

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

oh yes vindication for Cosby. *rolls eyes* 

admits to drugging women for sex, jury can't convict him of drugging women for sex.  Makes sense.  

Prosecution should immediately take him back to trial. 

I wonder if Cosby can be tried in Civil Court as O.J. was, where a judge decides the outcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I imagine they can sue him in civil court. You'd want to wait until the criminal proceedings are over though, so as not to taint the idea that you want justice over money. 

I'd assume they try him again. I mean you don't get much better evidence than 60 women telling the same story and the guy confessing 

It's absurd.  Probably was one person holding out. Maybe felt sorry for the guy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-06-18 at 2:09 AM, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I wonder if Cosby can be tried in Civil Court as O.J. was, where a judge decides the outcome.

You can have a jury for a civil trial. However, the burden of proof is lighter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Good God. This man's arrogance knows no bounds. 

 

I can respect the fact that the whole world hates him and he doesn't appear to give a ****.

Total creep though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Atomic said:

I can respect the fact that the whole world hates him and he doesn't appear to give a ****.

Total creep though.

I dont respect that.  I dont think its that he doesnt give a ****.  I think he's so out of touch and so convinced that drugging and raping women was just how you did things back then.  He admitted to this.

This town hall he wants to do should be pretty short.  "If you dont want to be charged with sexual assault, do not drug and rape women." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jacquie said:

For what it's worth, it was publicists for Cosby who talked about the town halls. Cosby himself said he wasn't doing any town hall meetings.

Then he's got the wrong publicists.  At his age, with these charges, his PR people should be happy if the man can die in peace, let alone trying to rehab his image.  It isnt going to happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JCon said:

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-bill-cosby-sentenced-20180925-story.html

 

3 to 10 years in prison. No less than 3. 

 

You beat me to it but I forgot to hit Submit 😉

What a sad ending to a seemingly brilliant career.  I signed up for Amazon Prime earlier this year and they still have the Cosby Show on it and I watched much of the series (mainly I have fond memories of it as a kid and had a huge crush on Lisa Bonet).  The series was incredible and really groundbreaking in its portrayal of black Americans.  To have Cosby end this way is rough but self-inflicted.  What a jerk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

You beat me to it but I forgot to hit Submit 😉

What a sad ending to a seemingly brilliant career.  I signed up for Amazon Prime earlier this year and they still have the Cosby Show on it and I watched much of the series (mainly I have fond memories of it as a kid and had a huge crush on Lisa Bonet).  The series was incredible and really groundbreaking in its portrayal of black Americans.  To have Cosby end this way is rough but self-inflicted.  What a jerk.

What's ironic is in Eddie Murphy's Raw he has a lengthy bit about Cosby chastising him and complaining to Eddie about the things that he says in his show.   To go to one extreme of being mr family man /  straight as an arrow straight to disgusting sexual perv  (like Jared Fogle)  is really crazy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brandon said:

What's ironic is in Eddie Murphy's Raw he has a lengthy bit about Cosby chastising him and complaining to Eddie about the things that he says in his show.   To go to one extreme of being mr family man /  straight as an arrow straight to disgusting sexual perv  (like Jared Fogle)  is really crazy. 

Thats how this whole thing started.  A comedian was doing a bit about how hypocritical Cosby is because he rejects the "raunchy" comedy in favour of his more family-oriented stuff and that comedian said "But you rape women, Bill!  Look it up, he rapes women" and it was recorded and went viral.

Cosby had a schtick that made him rich.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...