Site Upgrade

Rich

6 hours ago, Brandon said:

Because I'm blind... where do you go to view newest posts since last visit?

Upper right, hover over Activity.  You can view preset filters including Unread Content or customize your own filters.

There is also an Unread Content link right under the header at the top of each page.

On mobile, click the menu at the very top..

19 hours ago, Rod Black said:

Well, thanks for the upgrade, your efforts to run the site and the generosity to Big Brothers and Sisters. I'll ensure the ads are clicked from my end. Might even buy something from them. 

Thanks again!

Just to add to this, we have been reinvesting basically everything into the site, the fans and the members here.   We value you guys and what you've contributed to make this site what it is .. this is, more or less, a break even proposition.  

2 minutes ago, wookie said:

just wondering  if there will be those twitter feeds on the the right side like the last sight had, or am i missing something

Working on it :)

I'm close.  The Twitter feed will be back soon.  

Interesting..I seem to have lost my "signature" feature, and I cannot find it in profile.

image.png  Also, when making a regular post, I now see that preview has been added, but it doesn't include any images that have been included. Will we have to post it, then edit, to move the images where we want them if the post requires it?

****OK, I just tried it, (image placement) and it was easy enough...

31 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Interesting..I seem to have lost my "signature" feature, and I cannot find it in profile.

image.png  Also, when making a regular post, I now see that preview has been added, but it doesn't include any images that have been included. Will we have to post it, then edit, to move the images where we want them if the post requires it?

****OK, I just tried it, (image placement) and it was easy enough...

That one is a head scratcher.  Signatures are enabled but the edit doesn't show up for me either.  Will have to look further into it.

On the plus side, Twitter is now up.

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Thanks for all the hard work, Rich - site keeps getting better!

Has anyone else noticed they're required to use login credentials every time now?  I've opened up MBB 3 or 4 times at work today (that busy here) and have had to login each time, despite checking "remember me". 

I haven't noticed the issue myself (using Chrome in the office) but that doesn't mean that it's NOT happening.

13 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Thanks for all the hard work, Rich - site keeps getting better!

Has anyone else noticed they're required to use login credentials every time now?  I've opened up MBB 3 or 4 times at work today (that busy here) and have had to login each time, despite checking "remember me". 

Hasn't been happening for me either.

What browser are you using?

15 minutes ago, Rich said:

Still learning new features of the site.  Here is a tip if you don't use the activity feeds to find new content.

Clicking on the blue circle to the left of threads with unread content will take you right to your first unread post.

My favourite thing about the site since you guys LAST updated....both on mobile and desktop, being able to automatically go to the first unread post is a "life saver" around here!

On 21/12/2015 at 1:14 PM, Mr Dee said:

This is a weird one.

Click on your name in the top right, then Account Settings.

Now there is something really goofy going on with the formatting here where most of the options are white text on a white background.  If you click <CTRL>-A to select all text on screen (or select everything on the screen with your mouse), you will see a number of things you can edit that are currently "invisible".  One of those is Signature.  Once you see the text highlighted, you can click it to edit it.  Other things you can edit here (that are "invisible" as well) are your email address, password, display name, as well as Facebook and Twitter.

Have to use this work around until I figure out why the formatting is setting the text to white.

32 minutes ago, Rich said:

This is a weird one.

Click on your name in the top right, then Account Settings.

Now there is something really goofy going on with the formatting here where most of the options are white text on a white background.  If you click <CTRL>-A to select all text on screen (or select everything on the screen with your mouse), you will see a number of things you can edit that are currently "invisible".  One of those is Signature.  Once you see the text highlighted, you can click it to edit it.  Other things you can edit here (that are "invisible" as well) are your email address, password, display name, as well as Facebook and Twitter.

Have to use this work around until I figure out why the formatting is setting the text to white.

Yes, that is weird. They are invisible. I use an iPad Air and everything is different without a keyboard, BUT, I just touched the areas to the right of overview and the different headings popped up, including signature.

The odd thing is..I did have signature when I first looked at the site, but...in exploring I came across (hide) in relation to signature, and I clicked on it...and it disappeared (like my homework used to)..with no path to return. 

So, thanks for the insight into the problem, but now I'm leery ? click on anything and I'm going to careful of more trapdoors...?

On December 20, 2015 at 11:23 AM, TBURGESS said:

Bug Report: I can't sign on with Facebook any more. No problem as I just signed on with my userid/password, but something to add to the list. If you need a tester, PM me.

Twitter sign on has been reconfigured.  I've disabled Facebook for now.

It seems neither of the Twitter or Facebook authentications recognized the website after the upgrade so I had to re-register the website through their developer portals.

Facebook has changed drastically to the point where I would apparently now need to create step by step instructions and screenshots for their staff on how Facebook would be used through the website.  (and maybe so they can test it?) .

Twitter was relatively easy with a few configurations back and forth ... not sure when I'm going to get to Facebook unless there is a large demand for it.