Pointless article of the day

I tried reading this article 3 times on my phone and each time their ads booted me off to another site.

For that reason I put no stock in what they say.

Winnipeg has a tradition of this. Same thing at Bomber games when people yell Blue during the anthems.

Is this the idea that "True North" shout out is disrespectful to the Anthem?  Im not sure the anthem has feelings but if it did, I doubt it would feel disrespected.

I have never seen any semblance of disrespect to either Anthem at Jets games.  If singing out loud is considered respectful, then singing a particular line or words extra loud isnt either.

Please tell me this wasnt a local writer.  Has to be some goofball with his panties in a bunch when Jets fans make their presence known in visitor cities.

From what I can gather, it is the shouting True North then the cheering that follows it up.  That and cheering for a corporation is apparently disrespectful to the veterans who have fought for our Country.  

He goes on to say it is fine for the Dallas fans to shout out "Stars" during their anthem because that is the name of the team, while it is not fine in Winnipeg because True North is the name of the corporation.  Huh?  So we can cheer for a team, but everyone knows all corporations are evil, so we can't cheer for them.  Even though they own the team you are allowed to cheer for and if it wasn't for the corporation there wouldn't be a team to cheer for, which Winnipegers know all to well.  Got it.

I've never really understood the cheering after "True North" part myself.   it is kind of like you are cheering yourself for yelling out those words, which seems odd to me, but it doesn't bother me nor do I find it disrespectful.

The comments are not favourable to his article.  I suspect most of them are from Winnipeg, don't think anyone else really cares.

From what I can gather, it is the shouting True North then the cheering that follows it up.  That and cheering for a corporation is apparently disrespectful to the veterans who have fought for our Country.  

He goes on to say it is fine for the Dallas fans to shout out "Stars" during their anthem because that is the name of the team, while it is not fine in Winnipeg because True North is the name of the corporation.  Huh?  So we can cheer for a team, but everyone knows all corporations are evil, so we can't cheer for them.  Even though they own the team you are allowed to cheer for and if it wasn't for the corporation there wouldn't be a team to cheer for, which Winnipegers know all to well.  Got it.

I've never really understood the cheering after "True North" part myself.   it is kind of like you are cheering yourself for yelling out those words, which seems odd to me, but it doesn't bother me nor do I find it disrespectful.

The comments are not favourable to his article.  I suspect most of them are from Winnipeg, don't think anyone else really cares.

My guess it has to do with cheering for our identity (that's a whole other debate) and wanting to feel as a collective.

It always sounds better to me when it's done in our opponents home barns.

This part made zero sense to me, too. The Dallas "Stars" are just as much a corporation. Look, if there was some history of TNSE or hockey fans or Winnipeggers in general being disrespectful - then sure, maybe something to it.

Fact is, I think we're the opposite. The organization has done "Military Nights" for many years. They've donated large sums of money before. They're whole freakin' name & identity is a sign of appreciation AND one the Air Force endorsed, with Chipman and co.

This part made zero sense to me, too. The Dallas "Stars" are just as much a corporation. Look, if there was some history of TNSE or hockey fans or Winnipeggers in general being disrespectful - then sure, maybe something to it.

Fact is, I think we're the opposite. The organization has done "Military Nights" for many years. They've donated large sums of money before. They're whole freakin' name & identity is a sign of appreciation AND one the Air Force endorsed, with Chipman and co.

and they have the Maple Leaf on the logo.

After reading some of the comments, can I encourage people to NOT click on the link and read it? Seems he wrote it just to stir the pot and up his traffic.

Ryan Ritchie StereoHeart 18 hours ago

Did you know I can see how much traffic Winnipeg's little blow up brought to my article.. thanks for the support though lol

Asswipe

Pointless blog by a guy who has no clue what he is talking about. This is the problem now a days, everyone with a computer can post a blog and call it an article or whatever, all this is is some jack off "fan" trying to get hits to his website... 

Next time, Instead of falling for his crap, just ignore it. 

These blogs are embarrassing. 

I will say I think the cheering after True North is silly, but i don't really care if people do. The games i have been 2, I've chanted True North but I haven't cheered afterwards. I do cheer when the anthem is over tho.  I think it's more silly tho to be chanting True North at bomber games. That one, I don't get that one. 

I will say I think the cheering after True North is silly, but i don't really care if people do. The games i have been 2, I've chanted True North but I haven't cheered afterwards. I do cheer when the anthem is over tho.  I think it's more silly tho to be chanting True North at bomber games. That one, I don't get that one. 

I think the chant at Bombers game is more of a plea to TN to buy the Bombers. ;-)