Mass Shootings San Bernardino

Logan007

Just awful

Wednesday's San Bernardino, California, shooting occurred at the Inland Regional Center, a facility for people with developmental disabilities. It is unclear how many people were at the facility at the time of the shooting. The center's Facebook page says it employs nearly 670 staff members at its facilities in San Bernardino and Riverside counties, providing service to more than 30,200 people.

There were reports from the sheriff's department that there were one to three suspects. The fire department said it was responding to a "20 victim shooting incident."

comeon goalie, don't exaggerate..... it's been at least two days since somebody shot up a medical office in Colorado.

although I probably missed yesterday's shootout.

I'm going to go ahead an make a guess that today's are racist  skin head types.

comeon goalie, don't exaggerate..... it's been at least two days since somebody shot up a medical office in Colorado.

I guess two in one day would make up for none yesterday. 

From a blog by a Washington Post reporter: 

The San Bernardino shooting is the 355th mass shooting this year, according to a mass shooting tracker maintained by the Guns Are Cool subreddit. The Reddit tracker defines mass shootings as incidents in which four or more people, including the gunman, are killed or injured by gunfire. The Mass Shooting Tracker is different from other shooting databases in that it uses a broader definition of mass shooting — the old FBI definition focused on four or more people killed as part of a single shooting.

It would be also be the second mass shooting just today -- in the early morning hours, one person was killed and three were injured in an incident in Savannah, Georgia.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/12/02/the-san-bernardino-mass-shooting-is-the-second-today-and-the-355th-this-year/

They're getting lazy in organizing these shootings.

Early reports say the shooters had tactical gear and escaped in a black suv.

And last week there was a shooting drill in the community next door.

There are no coincidences

Pray for the dead and the perpetrators, that they'll see their error.

I'm going to go ahead an make a guess that today's are racist skin head types.

Exactly what you've been conditioned to think

I guess two in one day would make up for none yesterday. 

From a blog by a Washington Post reporter: 

The San Bernardino shooting is the 355th mass shooting this year, according to a mass shooting tracker maintained by the Guns Are Cool subreddit. The Reddit tracker defines mass shootings as incidents in which four or more people, including the gunman, are killed or injured by gunfire. The Mass Shooting Tracker is different from other shooting databases in that it uses a broader definition of mass shooting — the old FBI definition focused on four or more people killed as part of a single shooting.

It would be also be the second mass shooting just today -- in the early morning hours, one person was killed and three were injured in an incident in Savannah, Georgia.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/12/02/the-san-bernardino-mass-shooting-is-the-second-today-and-the-355th-this-year/

American will change its definition of mass shootings no doubt. Remember how they added the "spree" category a decade ago?

I'm conditioned?

thanks!

I was worried lately that I was a bit out of shape!

edit... sorry

less flippantly.... you don't know where I get my news and information from basslicker....

so you can't know that if I'm conditioned by who or what you think is influencing me.

Might as well have a thread for "Mass Shooting of the Day" as that's virtually what's happening. 

I almost wish that this was a terrorist event as the motive would be better defined and there would be more concentrated action to prevent these attacks from reoccurring.  As it stands absolutely nothing is being done to prevent these events from happening on a regular basis, just a whole lot of caterwauling and hand wringing coming from the media and the neutered politicians. 

One of the suspects involved in the San Bernardino shootings has been identified as Syed Farook, an inspector with the county health department, who abruptly left the event at the Inland Regional Center before the shootings, multiple law enforcement sources tell CNN.

The sources said the residence in Redlands, California, surrounded by law enforcement is connected to Farook. It is that house where the chase began that led to the shootout with the occupants of the SUV.

The sources could not say for certain that he was in the SUV, if he was a shooter, or that he is one of the dead. The sources did say that Syed Farook is known to be a U.S. citizen.

Media & police aren't saying it but it looks like terrorism.

Which can be said about most mass shootings in the US that are committed by US citizens.

I think you know what ISO meant.

CNN falling all over themselves to avoid suggesting radical Islamic terrorism. Even contradicting their own intelligence analysis.

Which can be said about most mass shootings in the US that are committed by US citizens.

CNN falling all over themselves to avoid suggesting radical Islamic terrorism. Even contradicting their own intelligence analysis.

Compared to the US media falling all over themselves to avoid calling other mass shootings terrorism because they were committed by white Christian men. 

When a Christian male kills and injures co-workers it's called a workplace shooting but when a Muslim kills and injures co-workers it is automatically brings on calls of terrorism before any facts are known (network intelligence analysis is pure speculation). 

Compared to the US media falling all over themselves to avoid calling other mass shootings terrorism because they were committed by white Christian men. 

When a Christian male kills and injures co-workers it's called a workplace shooting but when a Muslim kills and injures co-workers it is automatically brings on calls of terrorism before any facts are known (network intelligence analysis is pure speculation). 

Sort of a silly debate, no?  I agree that, in a perfect world we dont rush to judgement.  But as humans, we always rush to speculate.  "Terrorism" in todays context refers to radical Islam.  I think you know that.  So why you would think a white Christian nutjob going on a killing spree would be called terrorism is sort of beyond me.  It wouldnt be, at least in todays context of "Terrorism" unless he is doing it in the name of radical Islam.  Terrifying, sure.  Terrorism?  No.

And considering, even though CNN was trying like hell to avoid saying "Terrorism" (and we know CBC has a policy about use of the word, that CNN also had a presser from the Center for American-Islam relations.  If the "white" media or pulbic was jumping to conclusions, the CAIR was also pretty quick to try and get in front of the story.  Im not sure they'd care so much if it was a Christian shooter.  So they must have thought there was a chance this would end up as "terrorism".

The interesting blacklash I've noticed about this shooting is the right being angry at the left because the left was quick to make this a "guns" issue but as soon as it started looking like terrorism, they got pretty quiet. 

video of the gun almost anyone can get in murica, which these two used

This point wasnt lost on me.  In the debate about how "This was terrorism and had nothing to do with lack of gun control".  Uh, except at least one of those assault weapons was purchased legally.  Why the **** does anyone need to buy an assault rifle?  "Because its our right".  Yeah sure it is. 

I'm conditioned?

thanks!

I was worried lately that I was a bit out of shape!

edit... sorry

less flippantly.... you don't know where I get my news and information from basslicker....

so you can't know that if I'm conditioned by who or what you think is influencing me.

Does it change your mind that the shooters' names are syed and tashfeen. ......not your usual skin head type names. More akin to Islamic murderers.