Job Vacancy: Special Teams Coordinator

Doublezero

O'Shea was doing double duty as HC and ST coordinator for the latter half of 2015 after firing Pat Tracey.

Did he say, during his final news conference, whether the club plans to hire a Special Teams Coordinator for 2016?

Or did the intrepid sports media types who were assembled for that event not even bother asking?

Arguably whoever fills this vacancy is as important a decision for O'Shea as the decision he makes around the next OC.

Bombers special teams have been quite pukey the past couple of seasons - arguably cost us a few games.

Heard him on H&L on the drive home yesterday and they asked him about the Special Teams Coordinator.

He wants time to evaluate how things went after he took over before he makes a decision.

OK thanks. Ya. My guess is O'Shea will handle both HC and ST next year for a variety of reasons, including budget. It seemed ST play was more disciplined after O'Shea took on that responsibility. Not sure how much impact that extra work had on his ability to focus on head coaching duties.

Heard him on H&L on the drive home yesterday and they asked him about the Special Teams Coordinator.

He wants time to evaluate how things went after he took over before he makes a decision.

OK thanks. Ya. My guess is O'Shea will handle both HC and ST next year for a variety of reasons, including budget. It seemed ST play was more disciplined after O'Shea took on that responsibility. Not sure how much impact that extra work had on his ability to focus on head coaching duties.

Well, the team's record didn't get any worse after he took on the special teams coaching.

O'Shea can barely keep his head above water without adding STC to his coaching duties. But again, who will come here when MOS in the final year of his contract & the team in flux? I think he'll have to take it on himself which means more work for him. That can't be a good thing.

During training camp, there was a guy who helped out as a guest coach with us, has ties with O'shea and actually was a former player, more like a former kicker in this league, for the Argos actually, Noel Prefontaine, I'd hope O'shea would give Prefontaine consideration as Special Teams Coach.

Dyce? Meh, weren't the riders special teams when he was in charge of them not very good? Not sure how i feel about dyce, be nice to have dyce back on staff but maybe more as a receivers coach or offensive assistant. Or maybe a guy like Markus Howell would make a good special teams coach too. 

During training camp, there was a guy who helped out as a guest coach with us, has ties with O'shea and actually was a former player, more like a former kicker in this league, for the Argos actually, Noel Prefontaine, I'd hope O'shea would give Prefontaine consideration as Special Teams Coach.

Dyce? Meh, weren't the riders special teams when he was in charge of them not very good? Not sure how i feel about dyce, be nice to have dyce back on staff but maybe more as a receivers coach or offensive assistant. Or maybe a guy like Markus Howell would make a good special teams coach too. 

Dyce has been an interim HC so he's not going to accept a position as a receivers coach or offensive assistant.  Apparently he is very good at scouting and evaluating Cdn. talent, so that would be a bonus he could add to the club.

Dyce has been an interim HC so he's not going to accept a position as a receivers coach or offensive assistant.  Apparently he is very good at scouting and evaluating Cdn. talent, so that would be a bonus he could add to the club.

Dyce will take whatever job he can get.  Former job titles don't pay a mortgage.