Around the NHL

McDavid is a huge draw. I'd rather see the Habs or Leafs but no problems with Deadmonton.

I don't care how old the Team Canada roster is, they have to be considered the favorites....the players they didn't name could make up another team.

32 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Because EDM is our greatest rival?

Place your bets on 15-20c weather.

Im sure I read somewhere tjay warm weather isn't actually a problem. I think they had an outdoor game in vegas when it was 20 degrees. But it's third weekend in October. So it could go either way but probably 5-10 degrees Id guess...?

Not sure where to put this so I will put it here...

Only two teams have lost less than 20 games...Caps and Ducks.

If the regular season ended today, the only playoff team with a minus goal differential would be Detroit at -5. Otherwise, every plus team would be in the playoffs and every minus team wouldn't be? Coincidence? I don't think so.

39 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Drouin is back with Tampa's farm team.

Really??? Interesting.  I guess he blinked first (or his idiot agent).  Its a smart move.  He needs to repair his reputation and it doesnt hurt to try and stay in gane shape and compete at a high level going into the off-season if he wants to get a solid trade done.

Getting sick of Kerry Fraser's Whats Up Ref segment...

- Ovie hits a guy on the numbers, dead on, injury... no suspension

- Reaves hits a guy on the should, yup back is turned, injury... three games

Fraser just upholds every refs call in every article...  shows how subjective the rules can be used.  Boring.

2 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Getting sick of Kerry Fraser's Whats Up Ref segment...

- Ovie hits a guy on the numbers, dead on, injury... no suspension

- Reaves hits a guy on the should, yup back is turned, injury... three games

Fraser just upholds every refs call in every article...  shows how subjective the rules can be used.  Boring.

Ovie pretty clearly let up on the hit. Reaves drove the guys head into the glass. Imo there's a big difference between the two plays.

Phil Esposito who is pretty in tune with what happens in Tampa said that it wasn't Walsh's idea for Drouin to sit out, he actually advised him against sitting out.. It was Drouins parents that advised him to sit out. I like Drouin but man there are some troubling signs with that Kid. I'd love to see him on the Jets but... if some of these stories about him are true, i don't know if he'd be worth the possible headache he'd cause.