2015-2016 training camp

Ducky

You think Burmi will be the 13th?

Maurice will play Lipon in front of Burmi????? not a chance.

What happens with Peluso?

Harrison, Postma, Pardy?????????

What does Burmi bring? He is not a scorer and not a great passer.He is strong on his skates but is not overly physical just like Goalie stated he is an East to West player.JC is a fireplug agitator type player.Petan has great vision and skills.Based on the preseason I don't see how you justify starting Burmi ahead of these guys.But it will probably come down to who they could lose if waived.Burmi better get his ass in gear when the bullets fly though cause Maurice won't put up with his crap.

The good play of Ehlers and Petan and as Scjeif playing so well take some pressure off Burmi. Because of circumstances he's compared to Frolik. He doesn't have to replace frolik' offense. Just be the best player he can be: puck possession, defensive. He will be fine.

Puck possession and defensive ability is what we lost with Frolik... of course, Burmistrov should be compared to him, he's the replacement

Like I said, I expect him to be a healthy scratch by mid-season

Frolik = 3.3m.

Burmi = 1.55m.

Burmi will get better as the year goes on or he won't play....Maurice is not going to play him just because he was a 1st rounder. Lotsa upcoming talent in the next 2 years that will make the team. Lipon, Lemieux, Armia, Connor, Roslovic, Harkins, Morrissey, etc...

I don't think so. I think those who do are setting themselves up for disappointment big time. If Burmi can score 10 goals that's a good season for him. I don't think he's a jet for very long tho. Agree that it's more like Petan replacing Frolik. Burmi will be a bottom 6 player. Possibly 4th line to start. Really it speaks more to the depth we have now more than anything. Really not sure why some have this attachment to the guy tho.

Honestly, I wished they would have traded him before he got here. He didn't want to be a Jet before si I wouldn't let him back. That's me though. I would have taken a 2nd round pick for him but now that he is here, let's be patient and see what he can do in the regular season.

Problem is Burmi looked the same as he did a few years ago. I don't know if it's because once every 40 games he made a nice play or what but the Burmi that was here before was the same one that didn't do much in preseason. Is it cuz he was a high draft pick? He wasn't good. He wasn't very good when he was here before either. I really don't get the Burmi love from some. Good defensively for sure but that's all. He's a 4th liner. 3rd if there's injuries. Just shows you how far this team has come in a couple years. Few years ago Burmi is top 6. Now he's bottom 6. Probably bottom 3.

With #NHLJets sending Lipon to the #MBMoose, 25 remain. Roster must be set at 23 by tomorrow afternoon.

Waivers have to be done today so we might see some movement. 

If the Jets cant trade Pardy or Harrisson (and I'd assume they'd prefer to trade Harrison), one will be waived and possibly lost for nothing.  What did we give up for Harrison??

Edit: 6th round pick.

I'm not convinced anyone picks up Pardy or Harrison on waivers, theres been better players than them on waivers that's for sure and none have gotten a sniff. I'd waive Harrison, cuz i feel that he wouldn't get picked up..

2 players to get down to the 23 man roster... Raffl is one for sure, Pardy or Harrison is the other. It's up to Raffl really tho, he accepts a 2 way deal and he probably starts with the Moose, if not... that decision is made for them and it's only 1 of pardy or Harrison that will be waived or traded. 

Did you watch any games? Petan is a wizard on the ICE, he was probably one of our best players... that Penticton tournament, it's a good idea but.. in reality, it means absolutely nothing in the big picture. It's basically just to get the rust off, It really means nothing. 

Petan was one of the Jets best players in the pre-season, he's gonna probably start with Ladd and Little on the top line, that's where he's played the last couple games and has not looked out of place at all. 

Calling it a tournament is also somewhat of a joke as their is no winner of the tournament, there is no trophy given out... Penticton is a good concept but.. it truly means nothing at all.

Basically, like i said, it's to get the rust off and for some of them to get ready for the main camp... don't get hurt is the main thing, the rest is just irrelevant really. 

wow Petan made the roster.  Never saw that one coming.  I hope he has more energy then he showed here in Penticton.  Who would he play with? Schiefle?  Copp?

I'd suspect he starts on the 4th line but gets PP time.  Wouldnt surprise me to see some changes within or after the first month.  If they feel Petan isnt developing enough playing 4th line (plus PP) minutes, he can go to the Moose for top line minutes.  If Burmi doesnt adapt more to the Jets style, he might find himself on the 4th line...though he'd get PK time as well so his minutes might not diminish as much.  On paper, he'd hate "4th line" but he might like it in practice as the 4th line should be more talented this season.

I hope Raffl makes it.  He's much better than Peluso and probably better than Thorburn.

Petan's play was the best by a rookie in TC....nobody came close, not Ehlers, not Raffl, not Lipon...nobody.

I think Maurice will still be playing with the line combos for the first few games.

Lipon will see time with the Jets this year as will Lipon and possibly Morrissey and Armia.