When do we go to Davis or Russell as starting QB?

IC Khari

Hopefully never this season. Not really interested in ruining every qb prospect we have by throwing them into this shiticane too early. 

Walters said in the free today that Davis will be getting more practice reps over the next few weeks. But I imagine that Marve and Brohm will get at least two more games of ineptitude between them before he is considered.

Next week? The week after? Any other castoffs besides Tino Walters can scrub? I know this desperation is sad, but it's where we are at as a fanbase once again. Why can't we ever keep our blinking starting QB's healthy? :(

My guess is game 17... and only if we are sitting at 3-13... any sooner would be a mistake...

Dominique Davis trivia:

On October 22, 2011 the East Carolina quarterback did not throw an incomplete pass in the first half of the Pirates 38-35 victory over the Navy Midshipmen. This gave Davis the NCAA record for most consecutive completions in one game held by Tee Martin of Tennessee in 1998.

Dominique Davis trivia:

On October 22, 2011 the East Carolina quarterback did not throw an incomplete pass in the first half of the Pirates 38-35 victory over the Navy Midshipmen. This gave Davis the NCAA record for most consecutive completions in one game held by Tee Martin of Tennessee in 1998.

Haha...mixed feelings on that one.

A frsh start for Nichols may make a big difference. He had obviously worn out his goodwill in Deadmonton, and I hope he still has his self-confidence. Gale looked pretty decent in his limited field time, and from the looks of the perfomances from Brohm and Marve thus far, we would be way better off whith Nichols and Gale, particularly if they cost functionally nothing.