Markus Howell as the new OC - Free Press

dmillerywg

So if Markus Howell calls the plays Robert Marve will be able to pass like a real CFL QB?  Sign him up!

From what you've seen with Marve, with coaching and reps, does he have the talent to be a legitimate CFL QB?

Too soon to tell.  He needs more game reps. But if we remember Reilly's first year with the Esks. Most wouldn't have expected much more out of him.

So if Markus Howell calls the plays Robert Marve will be able to pass like a real CFL QB?  Sign him up!

From what you've seen with Marve, with coaching and reps, does he have the talent to be a legitimate CFL QB?

Not so far.  I would say he doesn't have the basic skillset that a good pro QB has, particularly as a passer which is the majority of the game for a QB and his inexperience just magnifies that.  He's got a long way to climb to even be in the league of guys like Brink and Elliott.

Too soon to tell.  He needs more game reps. But if we remember Reilly's first year with the Esks. Most wouldn't have expected much more out of him.

Is this a joke?  Reilly threw for 4000 yards that year.

No...I don't think so.  Reilly had some absolutely horrible games and he played behind a porous O-line.  All I'm saying is that many on here are writing Marve off after 2 games.   Its exactly this short sightedness by fans that makes it difficult to develop QB's.   

And yes I'm still not laughing.    :mellow:  :mellow:

No...I don't think so.  Reilly had some absolutely horrible games and he played behind a porous O-line.  All I'm saying is that many on here are writing Marve off after 2 games.   Its exactly this short sightedness by fans that makes it difficult to develop QB's.   

Seem hardly comparable to me.  Like apples to the planet Mars.

I'm no fan of Bellefeuille, but it's ridiculous to think that someone else calling the plays is going to make a lick of difference with Marve or Brohm.

Different schemes would make a difference though.

Only if you bring in Paul Johnson and the triple option.  Marve can't pass, probably can't throw either, Brohm can't throw for sure.  Good luck.

lol, you are shoveling it on a little thick there chachi.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=robert+marve+highlights&qpvt=robert+marve+highlights&FORM=VDRE#view=detail&mid=9ACED657D3397B5BCDA09ACED657D3397B5BCDA0

I'm no fan of Bellefeuille, but it's ridiculous to think that someone else calling the plays is going to make a lick of difference with Marve or Brohm.

Only if you bring in Paul Johnson and the triple option.  Marve can't pass, probably can't throw either, Brohm can't throw for sure.  Good luck.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=robert+marve+highlights&qpvt=robert+marve+highlights&FORM=VDRE#view=detail&mid=9ACED657D3397B5BCDA09ACED657D3397B5BCDA0

A couple nice scrambles there.  Too bad everyone clued in on that.  Even in that game his longest completion was 18 to Kohlert.  He needs to make someone respect his arm, because no one does and the offense isn't going anywhere with him until they do.  

He's thrown almost 80 passes in the CFL and hasn't completed one in the air for 20+ yards.  That's incredible and not in a positive way.  When do we get to see the "strong arm?"

Exactly. MB's game plan was really not that bad. It was a simple dink and dunk plan with occasional deep balls to keep team honest..

Vanilla? Yup. Executable? Yup. Did marve execute? Nope. He couldnt hit any pass consistently. He also made brutal decisions.. This was a poor game by QB IMO. Could we do better then MB? Sure.. Its a moot point tho until we have a QB who can actually.. You know.. Play QB..

IF marve craps the bed again.. Its Davis time imo.. Demote marve, can brohm and bring in new blood.

Marve's problem isn't his arm or his legs, it's between his ears, with the right coaching/game plan he could be a good to great pro qb.

He is brutally inaccurate on short, medium and long throws AND is running on multiple blown out knees..

But do tell me again how his legs and arms are not liabilities.

Only if you bring in Paul Johnson and the triple option. Marve can't pass, probably can't throw either, Brohm can't throw for sure. Good luck.

Throw in some screens and crossing patterns. Makes it easier on the QB and makes a QB look better.

We HAD them last game.. Marve missed them almost every time.. He is never dead to rights. Its always behind or low or high.. Better then brohm as at least the receivers had a chance on em but still.. Accuracy is sorely lacking.

Exactly. MB's game plan was really not that bad. It was a simple dink and dunk plan with occasional deep balls to keep team honest..

Vanilla? Yup. Executable? Yup. Did marve execute? Nope. He couldnt hit any pass consistently. He also made brutal decisions.. This was a poor game by QB IMO. Could we do better then MB? Sure.. Its a moot point tho until we have a QB who can actually.. You know.. Play QB..

IF marve craps the bed again.. Its Davis time imo.. Demote marve, can brohm and bring in new blood.

Watch the link I posted.

A couple nice scrambles there.  Too bad everyone clued in on that.  Even in that game his longest completion was 18 to Kohlert.  He needs to make someone respect his arm, because no one does and the offense isn't going anywhere with him until they do.  

He's thrown almost 80 passes in the CFL and hasn't completed one in the air for 20+ yards.  That's incredible and not in a positive way.  When do we get to see the "strong arm?"

And how many deep balls has Willy hit? You actually need time for those deep routes to develop, 2 steam boats isn't long enough.

Seem hardly comparable to me.  Like apples to the planet Mars.

I remember a few years ago when Reilly was rumoured to be available and we were in the midst of the Buck Pierce saga.   I was very high on him but many on here thought he was a flash in the pan. 

All I'm saying is that we need more time to make the decision. 

Watch the link I posted.

I did. Remember how awesome elliott looked at times too? Even Brohm has highlights where he looked good. Consistency and rising to the occasion are more important then anything he has done in the past. So far, he is consistently missing recievers and making poor decisions.. He isnt rising to the challenge of being the starter.. Hes struggling to run an embarrassingly simplistic offense..

Have you seen any progression since his game last season in calgary? All ive seen is regression.. Sure. Hasnt had a chance to definitively prove himself yet but frankly, i had more confindence in Elliott or Brink and would have liked Hall over Marve at this point.. He HAS to show something and soon.

And how many deep balls has Willy hit? You actually need time for those deep routes to develop, 2 steam boats isn't long enough.

Wasnt our offense when led by willy leading the league in big play deep ball passes? Lol.

Smh.

Wasnt our offense when led by willy leading the league in big play deep ball passes? Lol.

Smh.

Darvin Adams? Maybe when he's back in the lineup.

That last paragraph about O'shea being a coach players want to play for should shut some people up... but won't

They have a funny way of showing it......
Or you watching on TV or in the stands just refuse to see it. Guys in the know and people around the cfl vs a fan on a message board. Hmm. Who to believe
Yeah getting blown out at home and every 3 games that's showing the coach some real love.Only those in the know though.

Smh.

How is darvin adams going to make marve not throw into double and triple coverage? He aint faster then veltung and marve aint hitting him in stride behind defenders. In open spaces beyond 10-15 yards? Not without telegraphing it to hell and gone..

You know what...the MB fan club is over there...

video_game_nerds_by_keunglee-d4qogul.jpg

...go sit with them.

Youtube super stars.  That's the angry video game nerd on the left and Keith Apicary on the right.  Both are far more successful than anyone the Bombers have employed this season.

Only if you bring in Paul Johnson and the triple option. Marve can't pass, probably can't throw either, Brohm can't throw for sure. Good luck.

A couple nice scrambles there. Too bad everyone clued in on that. Even in that game his longest completion was 18 to Kohlert. He needs to make someone respect his arm, because no one does and the offense isn't going anywhere with him until they do.

He's thrown almost 80 passes in the CFL and hasn't completed one in the air for 20+ yards. That's incredible and not in a positive way. When do we get to see the "strong arm?"

There were only a couple snaps in the entire game vs Calgary where Marve didn't have a suitable amount of time. They rushed 3-4 the majority of the Bombers pass plays. The biggest problem in terms of "steamboats" is Marve's lack of pocket presence leading him to panic and get stuck as the pocket closed in on him due to the disciplined rush of the Stamps not giving him any exit lanes from the pocket.

Willy has hit a ton of long balls this season. A month ago the silly mob was criticizing him for looking to go deep too often.

There were only a couple snaps in the entire game vs Calgary where Marve didn't have a suitable amount of time. The biggest problem in terms of "steamboats" is Marve's lack of pocket presence leading him to panic and get stuck as the pocket closed in on him due to the disciplined rush of the Stamps not giving him any exit lanes from the pocket.

This is pretty much exactly what I thought was happening. He looked like he'd panic and run directly into trouble.

Smh.

How is darvin adams going to make marve not throw into double and triple coverage? He aint faster then veltung and marve aint hitting him in stride behind defenders. In open spaces beyond 10-15 yards? Not without telegraphing it to hell and gone..

Darvin Adams has been turning 15 yard passes into big yac yards, no other receiver has done that for us. But if you really expect Marve to start lighting it up in this offense, you will be waiting a long time. His game is pretty simple, sprint right, sprint left, hand off. That's all you need out of him to string together first downs.