Bombers @ Hamilton Game Day

Mr Dee

Who is this supposed guru of an o line coach that we have. He's been here for a year and a half and with supposed better talent and his o line is no better than last year. With a pocket passer and slow reaction passer like Willy you've got to hold your block a second or two longer. These guys not only can not block but in todays game i've never witnessed so many missed blocks especially from the interior linemen.

Bellefeuille and to a lesser extent Willy holding onto the ball too long are the problems with protection. The actual OL isn't the primary problem.

Flat out wrong. Willy had guys in his face when he got the snap on numerous occasions. About the only sack he took where he held the ball for even a remotely longer than he should have was a 2nd and 20 when he needed extra time to let the guys downfield get open. The OL is the entire problem with the offense. It is abysmal and was even bad by the low standard they've set for themselves tonight. They looked like they were running different plays than the guy next to them far too often.

Sorry man. You're wrong. Bellefeuille, Willy, then the actual OL (in that order) are the problems with the OL.

He's actually not wrong at all. It's not the whole OL but unfortunately, you're really only as strong as your weakest link and when guys can just come up the middle through gaps that should never be left open, it doesn't matter how good Stanley Bryant is, he can't do it all. I've noticed plenty of protection calls that just make absolutely no sense, so the blame doesn't end with the personnel on the line - my favorite was the one where the entire OL slid to the right on a play action where Willy rolled out to his left - but the Picard/Neufeld combo has been leaving guys free up the middle WAY too often.

Nothing more frustrating than watching us run a double tight set to allow extra protection, only to have Hamilton rush 5 and see Laurent or Hall come up the middle untouched because Picard is busy double teaming a guy who has already been taken out of the play.

I don't see the point in continuing to start Picard when we have a good young prospect sitting on the bench. It's time to admit that the Picard signing hasn't worked out and put Goossen in the starting lineup.

I'm worried Goosen would be worse. That's the problem. 

I don't see the point in continuing to start Picard when we have a good young prospect sitting on the bench. It's time to admit that the Picard signing hasn't worked out and put Goossen in the starting lineup.

Well it begs the question... how good a young prospect is Goosen if he can't beat out Picard? I have never been a fan of using high draft picks on positional needs, could be a giant swing and a miss by Walters there.