Week 2 roster tweaks

WPG ADD FROM INJURED NAT Patrick NEUFELD (OL) Saskatchewan - Removed from 6-game Injured List
WPG ADD FROM INJURED INT Josh PORTIS (QB) California U. of PA
WPG DEL INT Josh PORTIS (QB) California U. of PA
WPG DEL INT Demetrius WRIGHT (DB) USC

Anyone know why they took Neufeld off the 6 game I.R.?

WPG ADD FROM INJURED NAT Patrick NEUFELD (OL) Saskatchewan - Removed from 6-game Injured List

Just a wild stab in the dark here... but because he's healthy?

Sure, but I think that means that he has to go on the 48 so a Natl. is headed for the IR or the PR.

And teams only get to remove 2 guys from the 6 game IR early per season. Weird they wasted one Neufeld when they could have just put him on the one game IR.

Didn't they change that rule when the injured list went from 9 games down to 6 games?
I read on Twitter yesterday that it still applied but I suppose that could be wrong. I believe it was from a Bomber/CFL blogger.

I have never heard that specifically mentioned, but since the old way was once per 1/2 season when there was a 9 game IR, it would be logical to switch it to once per 1/3 season now that it's a 6 game IR.

Sure, but I think that means that he has to go on the 48 so a Natl. is headed for the IR or the PR.

Kohlert to the 1 game IR might be one of the moves they make.

And teams only get to remove 2 guys from the 6 game IR early per season. Weird they wasted one Neufeld when they could have just put him on the one game IR.

I'm not sure what the rationale was behind this either. Were the docs/trainers that far off with their assessment of his injury? I'd love to her Walters' explanation for this.

I just wish Miller, Walters & MOS were a little more forthcoming, straight forward & honest .... like with Yantz they promised a real opportunity to make the club but never gave him a legit chance to strut his stuff... I don't understand their motivation in such dealings .... to offer him the OC position with the Rifles just hours after cutting him had every appearance of bait & switch ... such dealings could turn a fine Canadian like Yantz off football forever ... even to something like playing in the Arena league for a year or two to spruce up his game .... Honesty is a crucial part of building camaraderie and team spirit

I just wish Miller, Walters & MOS were a little more forthcoming, straight forward & honest .... like with Yantz they promised a real opportunity to make the club but never gave him a legit chance to strut his stuff... I don't understand their motivation in such dealings .... to offer him the OC position with the Rifles just hours after cutting him had every appearance of bait & switch ... such dealings could turn a fine Canadian like Yantz off football forever ... even to something like playing in the Arena league for a year or two to spruce up his game .... Honesty is a crucial part of building camaraderie and team spirit

Stop getting bent out of shape over a guy who was never going to take a snap in a real cfl game.