Old time rasslin'

Off the top of my head my list would be (including the previously mentioned Shockmaster & Gobbledy Gooker):

Mantaur

Abe Knuckleball Schwartz

The Goon

TL Hopper

Max Moon (this was Winnipegger Paul Diamond after Konnan left the WWF)

Arachnaman

Xanta

OZ (a pre-Diesel Kevin Nash)

Shockmaster was Dusty Rhodes' brother-in-law and he was meant to be serious.  Apparently, a piece of wood that he tripped over wasnt there during rehearsals.  The voice is Ole Anderson.  Ole was an awful booker.

This is proven when he tried to salvage the character and introduced.... Super Shockmaster, the nephew of the original Shockmaster (even though it was the same wrestler playing both characters)!

544689_321904601250509_1060317164_n.jpg?

Yes and made him uncle Fred (real name Fred Ottman I believe) and he was a clumsy oaf.  Reminded me of a local character for, WFWA I believe it was.  Cant remember his name but he had a masked gimmick and was a clumsy oaf.  He got over with fans so they made the story that he just had poor vision and once he got glasses he was a great wrestler.

Ole also came up with Black Scorpion, another embarrassment which used Ole's voice for the promos.

oh man worst gimmicks, 

the patriot

duke the dumpster droese

bastian booger

Dude Love (sorry Foley)

TugBoat

The Patriot was super over though.  Even in WWE, he came in at the right time with Bret doing the Anti-USA gimmick.

And Dude Love, I didnt like it at the time but it served the purpose in storyline of making Mick a Vince ally leading to Survivor Series 98 (my favorite PPV from a pure storyline perspective)

1. Randy Savage

2. The Undertaker - dead man version, not the biker. Ted Dibiase's million dollar man was also great.

3. Steve Austin

4. Rick Flair

5. Razor's Edge

6. The Road Warriors, pre-WWF/WWE. Once they came to WWF/WWE they seemed to be booked a lot weaker.

7. Randy Savage crushing Ricky Steamboat's larynx with the ring bell. Like most kids I cheered for the good guys, but that was the moment I realised the heel's were cool. Another great moment was Ted Dibiase kicking the basketball away from the little kid just before he bounced it enough times to win $100 (or was it $300).

8. The Rock was probably the best, but it's hard to argue against Ric Flair, Roddy Piper, or even Chris Jericho.

9. Mick Foley using a forklift to pin The Rock

10. And that's the bottom line son, 'cause Stone Cold said so.

These old time wrestlers are when I stopped watching wrestling:

1. Fav Wrestler: If you mean technically, it's gotta be Ricky Steamboat. Just favourite overall was Hogan. I was a massive Hulkamaniac as a kid.

2. Fav. Character: Undertaker

3. Fav. Face: Hulk Hogan

4. Fav. Heel: All of NWO (when it started) & Honky Tonk Man. Manager was unquestionably Heenan

5. Fav Finisher: Savage's elbow drop

6. Fav. Tag Team: Road Warriors

7. Fav Moment: Hogan saving Macho Man for the first time

8. Fav guy on the stick: Rock

9. Fav foreign object:

10: fav catch Phrase: any of the Rock's were good

1. Fav Wrestler:  Bradshaw

2. Fav. Character:   The Undertaker

3. Fav. Face:  Hulk Hogan

4. Fav. Heel:  Razor Ramon

5. Fav Finisher:  Clothesline from Hell

6. Fav. Tag Team:  APA or New Age Outlaws

7. Fav Moment:  The Rock vs Hollywood Hogan

8. Fav guy on the stick:  Stone Cold

9. Fav foreign object:  Steve Blackman's Kendo Stick

10: fav catch Phrase:  If you're not down with that, I got two words for ya!!  SUCK IT!!!!!

Why is Bradshaw your favourite?

For feud, how about Hillbilly Jim, Little Beaver, & Haiti Kid vs King Kong Bundy, Lord Littlebrook, & Little Tokyo?

I don't know I just thought Bradshaw was great when I was younger.  I thought the APA gimmick was hilarious and I loved the emphasis on hardcore matches during that time.  Bradshaw was great in those matches and the clothesline from hell was such an awesome finisher.

I stopped watching while he was still Bradshaw and when I started watching again I didn't realize JBL was the same guy for months.

JBL was a great gimmick.  But he always sucked.  And still does.

Nah he was awesome back in the day and his commentary is fantastic now.

Commentary is very counter-productive.  He's the "voice of Vince" (ie. Vince in his ear telling him what to say) and buries guys a lot.  WWE used to be about cycling guys up to the top and now they are about getting no one over.

Burying guys is entertaining but it isnt productive.

You say that like fans are taking JBL seriously when he says "Face X is terrible!"

If you're watching wrestling and the way the announcers perceive the talent doesnt impact how you view them, then you're not the audience they're speaking to.  In other words, if you're watching in a "not taking it seriously" role, then really, none of what wrestling does as an industry to present and promote it's wrestlers and angles really makes much of a difference to you.  Though I'd argue that on a subconscious level it probably does.

You say that like fans are taking JBL seriously when he says "Face X is terrible!"

If you're watching wrestling and the way the announcers perceive the talent doesnt impact how you view them, then you're not the audience they're speaking to.  In other words, if you're watching in a "not taking it seriously" role, then really, none of what wrestling does as an industry to present and promote it's wrestlers and angles really makes much of a difference to you.  Though I'd argue that on a subconscious level it probably does.

How can you take it seriously?  JBL hates the faces and loves the heels.  What part am I supposed to be taking as serious commentary?

How can you take it seriously?  JBL hates the faces and loves the heels.  What part am I supposed to be taking as serious commentary?

Thats sort of the point.  The announcers' job is supposed to be to help get the talent and the stories over.  Jim Ross was very good at that.  Gorilla and Jesse were good at that.  Cole and JBL are not good at that.  It's the "new way" WWE does things between Vince and their long-time producer Kevin Dunn.