Old time rasslin'

Since I enjoyed the old time wrestling talk figured it needed its own thread, was thinking of a top 10 kinda thing;

1. Fav Wrestler:

2. Fav. Character:

3. Fav. Face:

4. Fav. Heel:

5. Fav Finisher

6. Fav. Tag Team:

7. Fav Moment:

8. Fav guy on the stick:

9. Fav foreign object:

10: fav catch Phrase:

For me Ive pretty much always been a WWF/WWE fan since the 80-90's so it'll probably be heavy with 90's WWE or attitude era,  anyways;

1. wrestler: Bret Hart (strictly wrestling ability)

2. character: Papa Shango

3. Face: I dunno if you'd necessarily call him a "face" but Stone cold was always one you could cheer for

4. Heel:  Razor Ramon god was he greasy lol that toothpick flick was the best slap in the face ever. I was one of those marks that cheered for the 1-2-3 kid when he beat him

5. Finisher: Ahmed Johnson's Pearl River Plunge (i thought it was called a tiger power bomb or something?) or Mr. Kenndy (now known as Mr. Anderson in TNA)'s top rope move that he put guy on his shoulders then flipped - he doesnt do it anymore tho cuz it really messed up his neck.

6. Tag Team: Legion of Doom as a kid,  it was like demolition but cooler to me cuz they wore shoulder pads with BIG spikes,  not S & M attire lol

7. Moment: I would have to say watching Shawn Michaels super kick Marty Jannetty thru the barb shop window was what turned me onto wrestling that was mind blowing at my age

8. Talker: tbh I think the rock has made me laugh more then anyone for as long as i can remember

9. Foreign Object: I miss the trash cans :(

10. Catch Phrase: when it first came out, again going with the rock, when he would interrupt with "it doesnt matter what you think" was like the verbal toothpick flick, or telling people to shut their mouth and know their role. 

Sounds good to me.. Like you, also a WWE/WWF fan... but... 

1. Wrestler- Bret Hart - If we are actually talking wrestling, i'm not sure any were better than the Hitman

2. Character - There have been so many, Papa Shango was really cool for sure (hard to believe that's the godfather) but... i'll go with The Ultimate Warrior (side note: one of the coolest things i remember was papa shango making warrior sick lol). I'll also give some props to Gangrel, very cool character for sure

3. Face - Stone Cold by far 

4. Heel - Tough One here, so many good ones but I'll go with the Macho Man when he was heel. 

5. Finisher - Ron Simmons as FAROOQ, the dominator. That was one of the coolest moves i remember seeing. 

6. Tag Team - already mentioned them but it's the road warriors again by far also liked Edge and Christian too.

7. Moment - Mick Foley at Hell in a Cell was insanity for sure

8. Talker - is there any doubt? It was the rock but props to macho man, piper and even hulk hogan

9. Foreign Object - Flaming Tables or Thumbtacks

10. Catchphrase - Tough one again, couple good ones, the Rock's "it doesn't matter" was always funny, Stone Colds whole "austin 316" thing about beating Jake the Snake at King of the ring was pretty great and i'll throw in Taz from ECW... Beat me if you can, survive if i let you. 

This is tough.  I will likely hedge a lot...lol

1. Fav Wrestler: Ric Flair, Bret Hart, Randy Savage, Eddie Guerrero, Brock Lesnar, Kurt Angle (list could go on and on)

2. Fav. Character: Ultimate Warrior

3. Fav. Face: Ric Flair (as a face he got to shine more than as a heel), Eddie Guerrero was also awesome

4. Fav. Heel: Ric Flair (dirtiest player in the game)

5. Fav Finisher: Always loved the SuperPlex, also the Power Plex (Power & Glory)

6. Fav. Tag Team: Arn & Tully, Midnight Express

7. Fav Moment: Eddie winning WWE World Championship

8. Fav guy on the stick: Ric Flair

9. Fav foreign object: Dildo (especially in my own invention, the Sex Toy on a Pole Match)

10: fav catch Phrase: Hard to argue with Austin 3:16 since it made the most money of all time.

Here are a few other moments I love:

Flair beating Vader to win World Championship (Starcade 93 or 94)

Eddie beating Brock to win WWE title, ofcourse (We brought Eddie in for us here in Winnipeg in 2002, wonderful guy)

Mike Tyson/Steve Austin pull apart brawl on RAW

Shane McMahon vs Kurt Angle Street Fight (must be seen)

Brock's missed shooting star press on Kurt Angle at WrestleMania

Hogan/Rock plus Hogan's return to Montreal after WrestleMania

Randy Savage's turn on Hogan - SNME

Warrior beating Hogan

Scott Hall's first appearance on Nitro (sort of sucked but hugely historically significant)

Lita vs Trish, main event of RAW (women in the main event)

Bobby Heenan appearing on WWE TV with the NWA World Championship belt

Ric Flair confronting Hulk Hogan on an episode of The Funeral Parlor - hugely significant

Royal Rumble 92.  The entire thing.

1. Fav Wrestler: Curt Henning

2. Fav. Character: Mr Perfect

3. Fav. Face: Jake The Snake Roberts

4. Fav. Heel: Ravishing Rick Rude

5. Fav Finisher: Tiger Driver 91 (used by legendary Japanese wrestler Mitsuhara Misawa), very similar to Ahmed Pearl River Plunge but way stiffer tigerdriver.gif

6. Fav. Tag Team: The British Bulldogs

7. Fav Moment: The WCW debut of The Shockmaster!

9. Fav foreign object: fireball!

10: fav catch Phrase:What?

1. Fav Wrestler: Curt Henning

2. Fav. Character: Mr Perfect

3. Fav. Face: Jake The Snake Roberts

4. Fav. Heel: Ravishing Rick Rude

5. Fav Finisher: Tiger Driver 91 (used by legendary Japanese wrestler Mitsuhara Misawa), very similar to Ahmed Pearl River Plunge but way stiffer tigerdriver.gif

6. Fav. Tag Team: The British Bulldogs

7. Fav Moment: The WCW debut of The Shockmaster!

9. Fav foreign object: fireball!

10: fav catch Phrase:What?

lol is this for real?

1. Fav Wrestler: Hulk Hogan (also loved Mad Dog Vachon, Baron Von Raschke, Andre the Giant)

2. Fav. Character: Macho Man Randy Savage

3. Fav. Face: Ultimate Warrior

4. Fav. Heel: Ric Flair or Baron Von Raschke for sure.  And not a wrestler, but Bobby the Brain Heenan was the guy I hated most.

5. Fav Finisher: Gotta be the Hulk with his leg drop.  That was the best.

6. Fav. Tag Team: They Strike, they Strike with Force...they're STRIKEFORCE!

7. Fav Moment: When Hulk pics up and slams Andre the Giant.  Also I love when Hulk is just about to get beaten and then all of a sudden he gets "the surge" and gives that look to the audience where you know he's gonna come back and beat down on whoever he's fighting.  Totally awesome.  Used to love that.

8. Fav guy on the stick: Macho Man.  He had the best voice.  And shout out to the one holding the mic...Mean Gene!

9. Fav foreign object: The chair.  I believe the first time someone brought in an object into the ring was the chair against Hulk Hogan.  I remember seeing it on TV too.  Can't remember who did it though.

10: fav catch Phrase: "OOOOOOH YEEEAAAH" (Macho Man).  Or "Da Claw" from Baron Von Raschke.

Shockmaster was Dusty Rhodes' brother-in-law and he was meant to be serious.  Apparently, a piece of wood that he tripped over wasnt there during rehearsals.  The voice is Ole Anderson.  Ole was an awful booker.

The story of HBK ripping on Hogan during that feud was that there was legit heat between the two.  Michaels went pseudo heel for the program and was tremendous.  But getting either guy to agree to put the other over was the problem.  They finally settled on doing two matches (might have been three) with Hogan getting the first win, Michaels the second.  Hogan then said "there aint gonna be no rematch".  Michaels buried Hogan on RAW the night after.

Shockmaster was Dusty Rhodes' brother-in-law and he was meant to be serious.  Apparently, a piece of wood that he tripped over wasnt there during rehearsals.  The voice is Ole Anderson.  Ole was an awful booker.

This is proven when he tried to salvage the character and introduced.... Super Shockmaster, the nephew of the original Shockmaster (even though it was the same wrestler playing both characters)!

544689_321904601250509_1060317164_n.jpg?