Old time rasslin'

Ok.  Still not hearing what he doesn't do well.  Seems to me that he fills the role that Lawler filled with JR.

Didnt mean to hijack.   lol

Lawler was a lot better a few years back.  Jim Ross was good enough for the both of them though.  JR called it more like a sporting event and called it emotionally.  Cole and JBL dont.  Its not their fault per se, its how they are produced, its what WWE wants.  Lots of inside reverences, burying guys, har har har jokes.  None of which adds importance to the matches, angles or talent.  When JBL goes off burying guys its usually Vince in his ear.  Think back to when Randy Orton was hurt and couldnt lift weights.  Vince brought him into the ring just to insult his physique calling his neck a stack of dimes.  Thats the sort of humor he likes and it's counter-productive.

JBL was actually pretty good when he first came back but now he's over-produced.  JR made the matches seem far more important.  Even Jesse as a "heel announcer" put guys over stronger and treated the matches and angles like "sporting" events.  One of the problems with wrestling now a days is everyone is in on the joke, even WWE.

I think for me Razor ramon was my fav heel simply because he was easy for me to hate,  I think I ate a good several dozen razors edges onto the couch courtesy of Bigg Jay as a kid even tho "I wasn't playing" lol. then we got one of those giant trampolines when they first came out (we were only kids in our neighborhood with one) and yeah. In hind site removing the padding covering the springs was our interpretation of an exposed turnbuckle?

JR was the enthusiastic (sometimes over the top) Bob Irving of WWF/E announcing, tho had his unique southern touch to with the bagod's and slobberknockers.  Jerry Lawler was pretty enthusiastic as a colour commentator which played well with JR,  but man after they started watering down the attitude era with more PG friendly stuff, imo Lawler got his balls cut off. I used to chuckle when he'd ape **** for Bra and Panty matches and of course "Puppies!".

Cole isnt bad but he doesnt really stand out as someone you'll think back on once his careers over. I dunno if it was him or JR before JR went onto other duties that coined "Vintage ____(wrestlers name)___ " but i hate that.  I think JBL and Booker T offer ok colour commentating or just different viewpoint contributions for the broadcast, but like cole, they arent really setting new standards or guys I think once they move on you'll look back and say, i miss listening to those guys, or it'll be tough to the replace them.  Perhaps JR and Lawler cast too big of a shadow, that most would seem mediocre in comparsion despite not being all that bad in their own right