CFL Capgeek

peggars

I was having beers a few weeks ago with a guy who knows Shea Webber's dad (he lives in Sicamous).  Shea was complaining to his dad that after taxes and agent fees, his take-home was only $7 million.  Man that's got to suck.

Thats not clearing even a million a month.  Life ain't fair.

on a broader spectrum?  you still hear players up here talk about having to instill that this is a legitimate league to guys down south

Much of the unknown revolves around the cities. These players know about New York, Los Angeles or Dallas but have never heard of Winnipeg, Hamilton or Saskatchewan. 

I was having beers a few weeks ago with a guy who knows Shea Webber's dad (he lives in Sicamous).  Shea was complaining to his dad that after taxes and agent fees, his take-home was only $7 million.  Man that's got to suck.

Probably complaining about the road taxes. No personal income tax in Tennessee! Accounting fees for pro players are intense. 

This site will do one of either two things, it will be well sourced and give us some insight between how a roster balances out cap wise, or it will be sourced primarily through the media and will illustrate how clueless they can be with their guesses in the cap age. Either way, I fully support them.

I can't get over how much Saskatchewan is having to pay Durant to stay in Sask.  Did he want out so bad that they had to over pay for him by 100,000 or so?

In my best Rider fan voice possible......Durant is the best QB in the CFL bar none. He is a winner that the Riders absolutely must keep and is worth every penny. Greatest Rider QB ever.

Believe it or not....these statements are all pretty much copy and pasted out of the pages of Riderfans. For some unknown reason they refuse to acknowledge that Durant has been hot and cold from year to year in his career. That 2013 season made him a god to Rider fans, and as we all know, part of Teflon Taman's long term survival plans are to appease the fans.

I can't get over how much Saskatchewan is having to pay Durant to stay in Sask.  Did he want out so bad that they had to over pay for him by 100,000 or so?

In my best Rider fan voice possible......Durant is the best QB in the CFL bar none. He is a winner that the Riders absolutely must keep and is worth every penny. Greatest Rider QB ever.

Believe it or not....these statements are all pretty much copy and pasted out of the pages of Riderfans. For some unknown reason they refuse to acknowledge that Durant has been hot and cold from year to year in his career. That 2013 season made him a god to Rider fans, and as we all know, part of Teflon Taman's long term survival plans are to appease the fans.

The same culture we had when Taman was our GM is slowly seeping into Ridverville. Taman is just not confident in his ability to find a quarterback and will overpay for a proven commodity. The justification is how poorly their young qb's played last year when Durant went down. This leads to bold statements like it's money well spent. Unforetunetly what it actually proves is that the money they are paying to Mr. Taman isn't well spent.

on a broader spectrum?  you still hear players up here talk about having to instill that this is a legitimate league to guys down south

Much of the unknown revolves around the cities. These players know about New York, Los Angeles or Dallas but have never heard of Winnipeg, Hamilton or Saskatchewan.

Canada is just a giant frozen wasteland full of non-threatening weird-speaking dog-sled driving hosers that Americans spend 2 seconds a year expending mental energy on. I don't know how many times I've spoken to American visitors who are walking around Kelowna dumb-founded that we have electricity and roads and Burger King franchises, just like them. And that we have periods of time in the year that we aren't shivering under snow banks. And some of these people have been from Spokane.

Whenever there is a "Canada" topic on Jeopardy, it's always the last one chosen. Contestants can answer questions on Greek philosophers, classical music composers and nuclear physics, but stare dumb-founded at the camera if asked what province Toronto is in. Or a name of one prime minister we've ever had. Or what sport is revered in Canada that involves a puck, a net, and ice. Alex's disgusted looks are always classic too.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2033286/watch-jeopardy-contestant-fails-canadian-geography-loses-it-all/

"Residents of this Saskatchewan city are called Moose Javians."

"What is Winnipeg?"

COME ON.  THAT DOESN'T EVEN MAKE SENSE.

Yeah that one had me laughing.  But of course, if you've never heard of Moose Jaw, how would you know?  A more logical answer would have been "Moose Jav".

Canada is just a giant frozen wasteland full of non-threatening weird-speaking dog-sled driving hosers that Americans spend 2 seconds a year expending mental energy on. I don't know how many times I've spoken to American visitors who are walking around Kelowna dumb-founded that we have electricity and roads and Burger King franchises, just like them. And that we have periods of time in the year that we aren't shivering under snow banks. And some of these people have been from Spokane.

Whenever there is a "Canada" topic on Jeopardy, it's always the last one chosen. Contestants can answer questions on Greek philosophers, classical music composers and nuclear physics, but stare dumb-founded at the camera if asked what province Toronto is in. Or a name of one prime minister we've ever had. Or what sport is revered in Canada that involves a puck, a net, and ice. Alex's disgusted looks are always classic too.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2033286/watch-jeopardy-contestant-fails-canadian-geography-loses-it-all/

They're on to us!!!