Stanley Cup : Blackhawks vs Lightning

Gotta love that Oduya trade.

We ended up getting Jimmy Lodge, JC Lipon, Jan Kostalek and Tucker Poolman in that trade.  4 solid prospects.  It's not like we would have won the Cup if Oduya was here.  I just don't understand the thought process of some fans.

We ended up getting Jimmy Lodge, JC Lipon, Jan Kostalek and Tucker Poolman in that trade.  4 solid prospects.  It's not like we would have won the Cup if Oduya was here.  I just don't understand the thought process of some fans.

Yes I do love that Oduya trade, especially considering he was going to be a UFA when we traded him. And while Chicago got a great deal on his subsequent contract, they are a contending team and we never would have gotten that deal if he would have even re-signed.

I'm just glad it's finally over.   IMHO, the hockey season is too long, and they play too many games.    I understand the dollars and the business side, but for me, players can not perform at their peak levels due to the length of the season and the number of games.

Congrats to the Hawks, I was cheering for them once the Canadian teams were all out.  They fully deserved the cup, and they have an outstanding team.

Yes I do love that Oduya trade, especially considering he was going to be a UFA when we traded him. And while Chicago got a great deal on his subsequent contract, they are a contending team and we never would have gotten that deal if he would have even re-signed.

But he's like the only UFA we've traded near/at the deadline.

Probably cuz the other ufas are out of the league now and had zero value

Hainsey?

I would have traded him for a half used roll of tape at the deadline. Feel like we'd have had to add though.