Rookie Camp Discussion & Reports - Day 2

Mike

Thursday, May 28 – Rookie Camp

Practice: 10:15 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.

Cameras can record practice from 10:40 a.m. – 11:05 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. – 12:45 p.m. Still photography of practice can begin at 10:40 a.m.

Players and Head Coach Mike O’Shea will be available following practice on the field.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/Its-all-about-football----305267251.html

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/CB-Randle-making-shift--to-outside-linebacker-305266381.html

Wish the Amazon App store had periscope so I could see some of the practice.

I was able to go for about 20 minutes you are not missing much, when I was there the Oline and Dline where doing drills and the others did a punt coverage drill with 3 players going down vs the returner and the coaches stressed the 5 yards it was a bit boring since it was just trying to teach the new players about the 5 yard rule, the only 2 players that caught my eye for no reason in particular other than I thought who is that where #50 Warden and #22 Randle , I did watch some of the OL vs DL and at first the Oline was doing well then the Dline players started to dominate. My first look at Chungh wasn't good he got flattened by one of the Dline ( Chungh did look much better in the scrimmage ) . I stayed for the Scrimmage and it was uneventful for the most part all QB got reps and they rotated players in and out every 2 plays or so it was hard to tell much from the scrimmage...

Mimms is a monster the only issue might be he is too tall to throw over ? and our RECs looked good I didn't have a player list with me but I picked out Reaves and Richards both big targets that can run, neither had any balls thrown their way when I was watching...

Anderson ( RB ) looks very small... short and light not sure he will be able to make it as a RB in the CFL...

I think Chungh was just tired of dominating and decided to cut the D-line some slack, plus it's wet and slippery ... ;)

Yes it is slippery however good technique would have prevented him from getting flattened, he did look much better in the Scrimmage, I get the impression he is a much better Run Blocker than Pass Blocker...

And when he came out of the scrimmage it seemed to take him a long time to catch his breath, I am not sure if he is just very nervous still or if he is out of shape ?

I think Chungh was just tired of dominating and decided to cut the D-line some slack, plus it's wet and slippery ... ;)

Yes it is slippery however good technique would have prevented him from getting flattened, he did look much better in the Scrimmage, I get the impression he is a much better Run Blocker than Pass Blocker...

And when he came out of the scrimmage it seemed to take him a long time to catch his breath, I am not sure if he is just very nervous still or if he is out of shape ?

Do you recognize whose the DL that flattened him? could be the big guy Randall?  

Do you recognize whose the DL that flattened him? could be the big guy Randall?  

Sorry no I didn't catch his number I was behind the Oline so I didn't see who it was and I was focused more on the Oline they did well early with the exception of Everett he seemed to struggle every time I saw him, it seemed to me Everett had the wrong technique he was too upright from the waist up so he was loosing his balance. Then after a few reps the DLine players started to do very well they all seemed to be winning their battles...

Got to think this has to be Tuinei's last shot.  This is what, his third team?

Yes and no. He left Montreal on his own to go back to the NFL and he was relatively productive in his time with the Lions, but was stuck behind some depth at his position.

OK fair enough. Let's hope he lights it up!