Wow, now I know LOL

The ball size was surprising. To be honest I don't see it. Are CFL balls not widely known as larger?

Our FOOTBALLS used to be bigger, but when they switched over to Wilson from the J5V the ball size was changed to match our American football counterparts. Adding to the confusion is the well known fact that Canadians have bigger balls. Just not footballs anymore.

Yeah the size of the balls is the same now and growing up the football I had was one of the big fat ones, I had to re-learn how to catch the damned ball because of that when all of a sudden everyone has these wee little balls we toss around. 

That video did a good job, though there were a few factual errors.

One thing I've noticed on US TV shows is that Canadian football footage is substituted a lot for US football - ie even on the show "The League" they'll be watching what they say is the Oakland Raiders vs. Kansas City, but if you look closely at the TV it's actually Toronto playing Calgary.  I assume that this is due to rights issues, it's probably cheap or even free (due to the rights not being enforced) to sub in CFL footage for NFL and almost no one notices unless they look for it.  I even saw footage of Toronto playing Hamilton in an SNL sketch with Bruce Willis a few years ago....

One thing I've noticed on US TV shows is that Canadian football footage is substituted a lot for US football - ie even on the show "The League" they'll be watching what they say is the Oakland Raiders vs. Kansas City, but if you look closely at the TV it's actually Toronto playing Calgary.  I assume that this is due to rights issues, it's probably cheap or even free (due to the rights not being enforced) to sub in CFL footage for NFL and almost no one notices unless they look for it.  I even saw footage of Toronto playing Hamilton in an SNL sketch with Bruce Willis a few years ago....

Yup.  There is also an episode of Modern Family where Jay is watching football and it's the Tiger Cats.

I was watching a Columbo episode from the 70's about a football team owner, and the TV's in the background were always showing Sask playing someone.

There was another SNL sketch that had CFL footage in it too. A lot of the football footage in movies and TV is CFL, I assume because they don't have to pay jack **** for the rights to it. 

There was another SNL sketch that had CFL footage in it too. A lot of the football footage in movies and TV is CFL, I assume because they don't have to pay jack **** for the rights to it. 

It may not even be worth the CFL's time to try and collect on the rights. Whereas the NFL would reign down fire and brimstone if one second of one team made it on screen.

The ball size was surprising. To be honest I don't see it. Are CFL balls not widely known as larger?

Our FOOTBALLS used to be bigger, but when they switched over to Wilson from the J5V the ball size was changed to match our American football counterparts. Adding to the confusion is the well known fact that Canadians have bigger balls. Just not footballs anyway.

Fixed it