Training camp successes

Who makes it out of TC that wasn't really with the team this year. Copp? Hellybuyck?

I say Armia, Copp and Burmistrov make the team.

Kostalek, Morrissey, Petan go to the Moose. Comrie backs up Hellybuyck for the Moose.

What will happen with Ehlers?? If they send him back to Halifax, can they call him up mid-season?

I think Ehlers and Copp both make it, and that might be it.  Outside chance for Petan but I strongly doubt it unless injuries force it to happen.  I don't think Morrissey will make it, unless there is a big shake-up on D during the offseason.

I think Ehlers and Copp both make it, and that might be it.  Outside chance for Petan but I strongly doubt it unless injuries force it to happen.  I don't think Morrissey will make it, unless there is a big shake-up on D during the offseason.

I think you're pretty much dead on.

I think Ehlers would have to have an awful camp to not make it. Without AHL eligibility I just can't see him going back to junior.

Morrissey might make it but I could also see him starting the season with the Moose. True north doesn't like to rush players and the D is not a weakeness.

Will be interesting to see by the end of the year who the odd man(or men) out on D are though.

Unless Petan grows five inches this summer I don't see him making it out of camp this year.

Why?

Nic Petan:

5'9"

166lbs

**Supposedly people who have seen him say he's heavier now, closer to 175+

Martin St Louis

5'8"

180lbs

Tyler Johnson

5'9"

175lbs

Johnny Gaudreau

5'9"

150lbs

Not sure any of the above three would have a problem making the Jets out of training camp.

Why?

Nic Petan:

5'9"

166lbs

I just saw him last week. He didn't look like he was heavier.

Don't get me wrong. I think he's a good player. If he can find a way to play like Tyler Johnson then great. I just don't think he's Tyler Johnson. And he's definitely not Johnny Gaudreau.

Why?

Nic Petan:

5'9"

166lbs

I just saw him last week. He didn't look like he was heavier.

Don't get me wrong. I think he's a good player. If he can find a way to play like Tyler Johnson then great. I just don't think he's Tyler Johnson. And he's definitely not Johnny Gaudreau.

I havent seen him so I would certainly defer that point to you.  The point being, there are other examples of guys being top line guys at the same or smaller size than Petan.  i've never seen Petan play so I can only go by what I read and people seem to think he's got top line talent.

I think he will start the season in the AHL though.  Because A) no reason to rush him  B) I dont think we have a desperate need at the spot they'd want him to play (mid six)  It wont hurt Moose ticket sales either... ;-)

I don't see size being an issue with Petan.  He is not going to get any bigger aside from maybe putting on a few pounds.  He is small, he's always been small, but that hasn't stopped him yet.  He is a really incredible passer and playmaker.  If this were NHL 15 he would have a 99 on passing.  It is effortless for him.  It doesn't matter who you put him on a line with, those players are going to get goals.  He would be the kind of guy who maybe doesn't get big even-strength minutes but would be playing on the second power play unit as a rookie.

The only reason I would send him down is that he would likely be the first line center for the Moose, playing big minutes every night and getting acquainted with the speed of the pro game.  That might be the best place for him next season.

Petan will be very good for the Jets one day. Just so much skill there it's crazy. Not sure it's next season tho. Depends what happens over the summer. Aka it depends on what direction Chevy and Maurice decide to go. Wouldn't shock me if petan is wearing a Jets jersey sometime next season tho.

My prediction is Copp and Morrissey start the season on the Jets if Chairot can now be re-assigned to the Moose without waivers (someone smarter than me, please confirm or deny)

Chiarot has already proved he can play in the NHL.   Morrissey hasn't.   Chiarot also has the size where Morrissey doesn't.

I get that Morrissey has much more offensive upside, but I can't see him doing anything in TC that would make them send Chiarot back down.  TC and exhibition are completely different beasts then regular season play.

Ehlers, Morrissey Copp make the big team.

I think once Copp is comphy as a center in the bigs Petan will be brought up as a wing.

Petan is a bit iffy for me because he can play both center and either wing. Hes got a skill set you want to have but we are kinda short on places.

IMO id rather have a bigger player like Copp take a center position and get comply in that roll and then bring up Petan to fill a wing roll. Then as Petan gets more use to the bigs start using him more.

Ehlers, Morrissey are more NHL ready. Both these guys are pure hockey players and have the skills to make the jump and be effective. Copp also.

I think Morrissey plays for the Jets next year, not sure if it is out of TC or not. Not a "small" guy tho, about 6 feet I think.

Nobody thinks Armia makes the team?

Anyone think Chevy tries to move up in the draft?

I think Morrissey plays for the Jets next year, not sure if it is out of TC or not. Not a "small" guy tho, about 6 feet I think.

Nobody thinks Armia makes the team?

Anyone think Chevy tries to move up in the draft?

He could package the 2 picks or one plus let's say buff or Burmi more than likely to move up. But as of now I'd say it's unlikely. As for Armia, can't really comment as I haven't seen him play

Interesting little tidbit of info here, A couple friends were at that gala dinner yesterday with Chipman,Chevy,Daly (instead of bettman) and someone else from the Jets too, (can't recall who, maybe Heisinger). Anyway, Friends said they had a Q and A session and they took questions off twitter, Chevy got asked a question about Frolik and if he would be back and my friends said that it seemed like he wouldn't be back, Apparently they also had a video and Frolik was not on that video but other players were, Makes me think  Frolik is as good as gone. Stuart and  Thorburn were in attendance also and Chipman spoke very highly of them,  2 leaders with lots of heart and character. 

Just an interesting little bit of info there.

Sounds like Frolik is not part of the future of the Jets.