Training camp successes

Who makes it out of TC that wasn't really with the team this year. Copp? Hellybuyck?

I say Armia, Copp and Burmistrov make the team.

Kostalek, Morrissey, Petan go to the Moose. Comrie backs up Hellybuyck for the Moose.

What will happen with Ehlers?? If they send him back to Halifax, can they call him up mid-season?

No they wouldn't be able to call him up until his junior season is done. He's almost a lock to make the team out of TC imo.

Thanks for that, Goalie, very interesting.

As for Ehlers, sending him back to junior could even be counter productive. When you are that much better than the competition, you can start to develop bad habits... That would be a real concern for me.

Drouin had similar numbers for the Mooseheads and went to the Bolts to start this season.....4 goals and 28 assists and if I amnot mistaken, sat the last game against the Habs.

I'd be happy if Ehlers made the team and had 32 points in his first season...I just think Armia makes the team before Ehlers does.

It's a shame Ehlers can't go to the Moose for a season to play against some bigger guys.

Lowry, Ehlers and Stemp on 3rd line?

Maurice is pretty good with figuring out where to put guys it seems. He also seems to be aware of the players skill set and confidence. When listening to his interviews he pays attention to when he feels he can push the young guys and when he needs to hold back a bit.

IMO Ehlers has the skill to make it and i have zero doubt hes on the big team. 

Watched Morrissey up close here in Brandon this past weekend.  He looked good but not great.  Moved the puck well and got a couple of points, but he also took a couple of costly penalties. His teammate Bowey was the one getting the top matchups and tough minutes.  To be fair though Bowey plays the physical game more than Morrissey does. 

Reality is Chiarot is that third pairing d man in their eyes. Chiarot is not guaranteed to make the roster, The other 2 are but Chiarot certainly isn't. I know the "blogosphere" loves Chiarot but Reality is, Jets see him as a 3rd pairing guy at best. Can talk about him playing with Buff all you want but in the playoffs, he was replaced by Pardy and when he did play, it was on the third pair with Buff. 

Toby,Myers. Trouba,Stuart is our top 4 in the Jets eyes at the moment. 

And my guess, you will soon see Myers,Toby.Trouba,Morrissey as pairs. Stuart will be bumped down to the 3rd pair making Chiarot the 7th d man. 

Reality is Chiarot is that third pairing d man in their eyes. Chiarot is not guaranteed to make the roster, The other 2 are but Chiarot certainly isn't. I know the "blogosphere" loves Chiarot but Reality is, Jets see him as a 3rd pairing guy at best. Can talk about him playing with Buff all you want but in the playoffs, he was replaced by Pardy and when he did play, it was on the third pair with Buff. 

And my guess, you will soon see Myers,Toby.Trouba,Morrissey as pairs. Stuart will be bumped down to the 3rd pair making Chiarot the 7th d man. 

Replaced by Pardy and then put right back in.  A rookie in his first playoff series. 

Chiarot could be kept as the 7th but he cant "not make the team" or else he will be waived and someone will take him.  He'd have to have a lousy training camp for that to happen.

I like Morrissey.  Im only saying, based on the Jets usual track record of taking their time with development and taking other things into account, that all things being equal, they might want him to play on the Moose.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some of the players I think will start the year on the farm team...not sure where to peg in Armia and Ehlers is a shitty situation.

Petan

Morrissey (will be called up before year is over)

Kostalek (this guy has a bright future)

Lodge

Hellebuyck (will be called up before year is over)

Lipon

Kosmachuk

Comrie

I agree Ducky but will say that... it depends what happens b4 July 1st or even after July 1st (That's Free Agent Frenzy day). If we lose Frolik,Stafford,Stempniak and a few others, you could see a couple of those guys get bumped up. Maybe we see a trade involving Buff, who knows what that would return really. There are lots of variables at play here really.. got a long ways to go still. Lets assume we lose all 3 for the purposes of this post...

Ladd,Little, Wheeler

Ehlers,Scheif,Perreault

Petan,Lowry,??

??, Copp,Thorbs

Myers,Toby

Trouba,Stu

??, Chiarot/Morrissey 

Those question marks could be a couple of those guys you mentioned up top (Lipon is made for the 4th line but so is 210 pound Brendan Lemieux)

Let's say Buff gets moved... a few of those ?? would probably be filled in with the return we get for Buff. 

It's really too early to say but i think for the most part your list is correct and bang on... Armia is another guy who might start in the A too or he could be on the main roster too, who knows.. 

Lots of time really... so much time really.. too much time really right now to say for sure, it's all just a guessing game really, and that's cool but... really, give it another month and a half and we will know more and be able to piece together a more accurate roster for the 2015/16 seasons for both Jets and Moose. 

There have also been rumors out there linking Mike Reilly, LHD man from Team USA world championship team to the Jets also, also linking him to the blackhawks and wild too but... That's another variable.. Kids a good player, probably would make the Jets team right away, he's that good. He's also a LHD which we lack really... Toby,Stu,Chiarot,Morrissey isn't all that great.. Put Reilly in there and bump Stu down to the 3rd pair and Chiarot as the 7th d man and Morrissey in the A and who knows... 

I agree Ducky but will say that... it depends what happens b4 July 1st or even after July 1st (That's Free Agent Frenzy day). If we lose Frolik,Stafford,Stempniak and a few others, you could see a couple of those guys get bumped up. Maybe we see a trade involving Buff, who knows what that would return really. There are lots of variables at play here really.. got a long ways to go still. Lets assume we lose all 3 for the purposes of this post...

Ladd,Little, Wheeler

Ehlers,Scheif,Perreault

Petan,Lowry,??

??, Copp,Thorbs

Myers,Toby

Trouba,Stu

??, Chiarot/Morrissey 

Those question marks could be a couple of those guys you mentioned up top (Lipon is made for the 4th line but so is 210 pound Brendan Lemieux)

Let's say Buff gets moved... a few of those ?? would probably be filled in with the return we get for Buff. 

It's really too early to say but i think for the most part your list is correct and bang on... Armia is another guy who might start in the A too or he could be on the main roster too, who knows.. 

Lots of time really... so much time really.. too much time really right now to say for sure, it's all just a guessing game really, and that's cool but... really, give it another month and a half and we will know more and be able to piece together a more accurate roster for the 2015/16 seasons for both Jets and Moose. 

There have also been rumors out there linking Mike Reilly, LHD man from Team USA world championship team to the Jets also, also linking him to the blackhawks and wild too but... That's another variable.. Kids a good player, probably would make the Jets team right away, he's that good. He's also a LHD which we lack really... Toby,Stu,Chiarot,Morrissey isn't all that great.. Put Reilly in there and bump Stu down to the 3rd pair and Chiarot as the 7th d man and Morrissey in the A and who knows... 

I would hate to see yet another Mike Reilly slip through our fingers.

Your opinion is being passed off as "reality" here. I love Stu like he's family, but he's not a top 4 dman. Even with them not trusting a rookie in the playoffs, Stu was still getting the 5th or 6th most minutes of the dmen playing. Only in game 4 did his minutes creep into the top 4, and that was b/c Trouba was hurt.

I agree.  The master plan should be Stu as the 3rd LHD.  The question is, can Morrissey slide into the 2LHD?  is Chiarot a lock there?  Or will Stu play that position while Chiaort/Morrissey season a bit as 3LHD?  Or do they do something like convert a RHD to that position in order to give Myers, Trouba, Buff enough minutes?

That might be the master plan for sure but the management and those guys are very high on stuart for sure. Coaches,Management love the guy. I'm not saying that ideally he is a 2nd pairing LHD, nope, ideally he's on the third pair or even the extra d man but i guess what this shows you is truly how weak our left side is...

Toby,Stu is considered top 4 in their eyes. Toby is legit altho small but he's a legit d man, probably be an ideal 2nd pairing guy, stu is ideally a 3rd pairing guy... 

It just shows the lack of depth really on the left side and for that reason and others, i think at the draft they will look for a left handed d man, not sure if it will be with the first pick or the second pick of the first round but... definitely think they target a lhd man with one of those picks for sure. 

Kylington could be that guy if he falls, Chabot is another to keep an eye out for. 

Ideally you have such good D men that Stu can't make the team.....I could name you a handfull of teams off of the top of my head he wouldn't start on.

The Jets will have more trouble making the playoffs next year than they did this year. The Stars and Avs won't tank next year....the Wild will probably not have the shitty start they had this season. You would thi nk that SJ amd LA will have better seasons too.