Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

20 hours ago, Goalie said:

Hated Ben as Batman 

I liked him initially because I generally like Affleck but when I recently re-watched BvS and Justice League...he just didnt have the depth or gravitas to pull it off.  And I've seen Affleck bust out some good performances, he just didnt seem like he wanted to.  Its too easy to play Batman as emotionless and not show range or depth.  What difference was there from Batman to Bruce Wayne?  Not much in these films.

They should go back to Christian Bale...or more realistically, hire a 20-something rising star, lock him into 8 films and re-boot Batman. We all know the story, so it doesnt have to be an origin.  Have Flash mess with the timeline, go back and interact with Wonder Woman and take the story from there.

The most interesting aspect of Batman from BvS might have been the Robin costume.  If the Affleck stand alone Batman was a bit of a prequel and showed us what happened to Jason Todd, I could get behind it, let it introduce **** Grayson as Nightwing etc.  I dont know...DC has screwed it up royally by trying to catch up to Marvel.

29 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I liked him initially because I generally like Affleck but when I recently re-watched BvS and Justice League...he just didnt have the depth or gravitas to pull it off.  And I've seen Affleck bust out some good performances, he just didnt seem like he wanted to.  Its too easy to play Batman as emotionless and not show range or depth.  What difference was there from Batman to Bruce Wayne?  Not much in these films.

They should go back to Christian Bale...or more realistically, hire a 20-something rising star, lock him into 8 films and re-boot Batman. We all know the story, so it doesnt have to be an origin.  Have Flash mess with the timeline, go back and interact with Wonder Woman and take the story from there.

The most interesting aspect of Batman from BvS might have been the Robin costume.  If the Affleck stand alone Batman was a bit of a prequel and showed us what happened to Jason Todd, I could get behind it, let it introduce **** Grayson as Nightwing etc.  I dont know...DC has screwed it up royally by trying to catch up to Marvel.

At this point, they need to stop trying to create an MCU for DC. They're simply too incompetent to do it. I had hoped that they could. 

They would be wise to restart Batman and follow the natural lineage. Ditch the origin story, as you've suggested, and bring in Robin, Nightwing, Batgirl, etc. You don't need to do it all at once. If it works, great, spin off. 

Let them deal with human baddies again, like Catwoman. Let them think and not have apocalyptic battles where the entire world is in danger, yada, yada, yada. Let the characters develop. 

That doesn't mean that they can't ensure that there is a common DC "universe" where something that happens in a future Superman movie does not have an effect on Batman but don't try to set it up to bring everyone together (ala Avengers and Justice League). Let them exist in the same universe without crossing over. That way, when they inevitably screw up 4 out of the next 5 movies, they won't have to push forward because they've boxed themselves in. 

But DC won't do this. So, I look forward to Darkseid coming in and battling the Justice League in a horrendous movie that introduces a bunch of new actors playing familiar roles and a new Batmobile. 

Edited by JCon

1 hour ago, JCon said:

At this point, they need to stop trying to create an MCU for DC. They're simply too incompetent to do it. I had hoped that they could. 

They would be wise to restart Batman and follow the natural lineage. Ditch the origin story, as you've suggested, and bring in Robin, Nightwing, Batgirl, etc. You don't need to do it all at once. If it works, great, spin off. 

Let them deal with human baddies again, like Catwoman. Let them think and not have apocalyptic battles where the entire world is in danger, yada, yada, yada. Let the characters develop. 

That doesn't mean that they can't ensure that there is a common DC "universe" where something that happens in a future Superman movie does not have an effect on Batman but don't try to set it up to bring everyone together (ala Avengers and Justice League). Let them exist in the same universe without crossing over. That way, when they inevitably screw up 4 out of the next 5 movies, they won't have to push forward because they've boxed themselves in. 

But DC won't do this. So, I look forward to Darkseid coming in and battling the Justice League in a horrendous movie that introduces a bunch of new actors playing familiar roles and a new Batmobile. 

If they didnt screw it up, it really lent itself to growing out a universe.  I think they wanted to catch up to Marvel but I think the opposite should have been true.  Just as MCU is almost too large and too bulky and turning over to new actors/characters, DC could have been starting from scratch, almost "the good old days", with Bruce Wayne in the Tony Stark role.

They could have done Wonder Woman at the same time since she can begin in the past and eventually lead up to meeting the others.  Batman could have started with introducing Robin.  A Batman trilogy of **** Grayson in the first one, the falling out in the second with intro of Jason Todd, third one is Todd being killed by Joke and Batman going nuts with a larger role for Grayson as Nightwing before being spun off.

Superman could have bee similar, leading to the Death of Superman story where Batman tries to fill in...thats when you begin to expand into larger global or interplanetary stories, when they "need" Superman but he's sort of dead.  Have Wonder Woman catch up to the story as Superman is resurrected.

And in the meantime, you're building a universe where you can spin off Nightwing, Batgirl, Joker...you can intro Green Lantern, Flash etc.  It seems so simple really.  Follow the comics as your guide.  

On 2018-09-12 at 11:12 AM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

No more Ben, no more Cavill. Sad.

They both fit the bill perfectly as Batman and Superman.  Too bad all the movies were written and directed so poorly.

And like iHeart stated above, I think Cavill is still in as Superman.

Edited by Logan007

49 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Lots of Captains...or they're never making Steve Captain America again or they kill off Steve.

I'm a big Captain America fan and I'm hoping that they kill off Steve. They are a lot of great story arcs they've done with Cap after Steve was gone. They could, quite easily, integrate a new Cap into the next generation of Marvel story lines.

That being said, there are plenty of characters that have not been used yet that they could go to for the next round and I could see a backlash against recycling the "Captain America" brand so soon. Most people don't know or care about all the Caps or Thors or Spideys or etc. They'll want fresh and new. 

On 2018-09-19 at 11:54 AM, JCon said:

I'm a big Captain America fan and I'm hoping that they kill off Steve. They are a lot of great story arcs they've done with Cap after Steve was gone. They could, quite easily, integrate a new Cap into the next generation of Marvel story lines.

That being said, there are plenty of characters that have not been used yet that they could go to for the next round and I could see a backlash against recycling the "Captain America" brand so soon. Most people don't know or care about all the Caps or Thors or Spideys or etc. They'll want fresh and new. 

If I recall, in the comics, when Steve Rogers refused to be a pawn of the government, they created a new Captain America while Rogers became..."Cap"?  They didnt get that deep into it in the films, which is a shame because a new Captain America would have been interesting.  

On 2018-09-22 at 11:09 AM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Thats an awesome little video.   Watch, this Joker film will be awesome...but not be part of the DC Universe so it wont matter.

5 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Well we will see if people want to see a reboot of a rebooted storyline.

Might have left out one more reboot.

I think it has heaps of potential. I like what they've done with the reboot, although the twisted timeline still feels odd. 

I want this to work because not all X-Men stuff has. I guess, most has not. But some has! Some has... 

It's just Jean without Logan feels odd. He's saved her so many times.